Poll

Have You Been Switched To The New Chase Freedom Exclusives Program?

Yes, I Have Been Switched Or Have Been Notified Of The Switch
41 (48.2%)
No, I Have Not Been Notified And Still Have The Old Freedom Exclusives Program
31 (36.5%)
I Never Had Freedom Exclusives
13 (15.3%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: Chase Freedom 10*10 Exclusives  (Read 112779 times)

Offline husky007

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Chase Freedom 10*10 Exclusives
« on: October 11, 2011, 12:19:33 AM »
Dan mentioned that Chase checking customers are entitled to the Chase exclusives benefit which includes getting 10% extra points and 10 bonus points by using their freedom cards. I got my freedom card last month, and have a chase checking account linked to the freedom card. I checked my first statement today but was not sure if my points have included the 10*10 points. So I called the customer service today, and the lady told me that there are actually two types of Freedom card, the Freedom 10*10 card and the Freedom ultimate rewards card, and only the former one can get the 10*10 benefit. I checked out the Chase Exclusives online page (http://www.chasefreedomnow.com/freedom1010) but it doesn't mention that. Anyone has a clue?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Chase Freedom 10*10 Exclusives
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 12:26:54 AM »
There's only 1 Freedom card, so you were misinformed AFAIK. 
I believe it can take up to 3 statement cycles for the Chase Exclusives to be added to your Freedom card automatically though.
Try sending Chase an SM to see if it can be expedited.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline scwam

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 03:17:10 AM »
You'll see the separate lines on your statement although I don't agree with some of the results they come up with on the points.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 03:27:45 AM »
You'll see the separate lines on your statement although I don't agree with some of the results they come up with on the points.

Care to share some examples?

If it's a substantial amount of points (and worth your time), call them and I'm confident they'll give you a courtesy adjustment.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Thingywingy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 04:50:14 PM »
There's only 1 Freedom card, so you were misinformed AFAIK. 
I believe it can take up to 3 statement cycles for the Chase Exclusives to be added to your Freedom card automatically though.
Try sending Chase an SM to see if it can be expedited.
Thats crazy that the rep would make up a story like that. I would complain just about that! What a nerve!
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 05:07:26 PM »
Thats crazy that the rep would make up a story like that. I would complain just about that! What a nerve!
All reps make up stories.  Whatever it takes to get you off the phone to improve their numbers.  Nothing crazy about that.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline husky007

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 09:53:05 PM »
It's funny cuz when I asked her if she could convert my ultimate rewards freedom into the 10*10 freedom, she actually put me on hold for a while and then told me the system wouldn't let her do so.

I also tried sending messages online, but each time was told that the question had been forwarded to the Chase Internet Service area and I haven't heard any responses from them. When I called them, I had been transferred to several different departments before finally getting to talk to someone. It seems like this Chase Exclusives thing is confusing to many reps as well.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 09:54:43 PM »
Send the SM to rewards inquiry>Ultimate Rewards.

Offline Thingywingy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 01:15:59 AM »
All reps make up stories.  Whatever it takes to get you off the phone to improve their numbers.  Nothing crazy about that.
What do you mean to improve their numbers?
I am sometimes accused of overthinking things. I am still mulling over whether that accusation has merit.

Offline Thingywingy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 01:17:43 AM »
Is there anyway to tranfer Freedom points to Continental after I downgrade my Saphire preffered to regular? Anybody pland on keeping preffered because of CO transfer?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 03:49:47 AM »
Is there anyway to tranfer Freedom points to Continental after I downgrade my Saphire preffered to regular? Anybody pland on keeping preffered because of CO transfer?

Yes, you can transfer them to someone else's SP or Ink Bold account, and from there to your CO account.

Offline TC610

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 11:40:57 AM »
What do you mean to improve their numbers?
Inbound call center reps are graded on their call volume (among other things).  For example, those reps that can handle 15 calls per hour tend to fare better than those who can handle 10 calls per hour.  Keeping a customer on the phone for a time longer than the average/median time that other reps are processing calls hurts that rep's "numbers".  Therefore it is to their advantage to get you off the phone quickly. 

Offline Avid Reader

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 12:25:17 PM »
Though even when they finish, they still have to ask you "is there anything else I may help you with today?" :)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 12:38:15 PM »
Though even when they finish, they still have to ask you "is there anything else I may help you with today?" :)

There's two opposite objectives, one is to service the customer, the other to keep costs low. Optimally they want to resolve all the customers' concerns in the least amount of time.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 12:39:53 PM »
There's two opposite objectives, one is to service the customer, the other to keep costs low. Optimally they want to resolve all the customers' concerns in the least amount of time.
Which is why Sprint was always so bad.  Everyone just wanted to transfer you to get you off their clock even if it meant the customer getting fed up.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2011, 12:46:29 PM »
Which is why Sprint was always so bad.  Everyone just wanted to transfer you to get you off their clock even if it meant the customer getting fed up.

Sprint's call-centers (and all their other departments, pretty much) are grossly mismanaged. There's no integration between the departments and (on the rare occasion that a policy is properly communicated and implemented) there are often inconsistencies in policy between different departments.

Offline Thingywingy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2011, 01:51:46 PM »
interesting. I have noticed an improvement in Sprint customer service recently. Although I also found it is harder to get a credit for a complaint.

Offline Thingywingy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 01:53:32 PM »
Yes, you can transfer them to someone else's SP or Ink Bold account, and from there to your CO account.
That will work even if different address and not family?

Offline mercaz1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2011, 01:54:20 PM »
if you go on the ur website and click acitvity or statements not sure which one then they will show you how many points you got for the 10x bonus

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2011, 02:11:47 PM »
interesting. I have noticed an improvement in Sprint customer service recently. Although I also found it is harder to get a credit for a complaint.

It doesn't help much that they're courteous if the tight-wad management tied their hands as far as credit/freebies are concerned.