Author Topic: Can earn this bonvoy bonus if recently got SPG bonus?  (Read 514 times)

Offline Bob Barr

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Can earn this bonvoy bonus if recently got SPG bonus?
« on: August 11, 2019, 02:29:23 PM »
Recently received an email with an $85k bonvoy reward sign up bonus for Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card. Roughly a year ago I applied for the AMEX SPG card 2 days before SPG was converted to Bonvoy and got a the AMEX SPG card in the mail.  There was a 75k SPG points offer.  I earned the 75k sign up bonus after SPG has already merged with Bonvoy (I therefore got bonvoy points as the reward).  I'm wondering if the small print below will preclude me from qualifying for the 85k sign up bonus.  Technically the reward was for the SPG card, even though the reward itself was in bonvoy points.

Welcome offer not available to applicants who (i) have or have had the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ Credit Card from Chase, or the Marriott Rewards® Business Credit Card from Chase in the last 30 days, (ii) have acquired the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Credit Card from Chase or the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase in the last 90 days, or (iii) received a new Card Member bonus offer in the last 24 months on the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase or the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase.

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Can earn this bonvoy bonus if recently got SPG bonus?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 10:55:08 PM »
I'm not 100% sure but all this language is referencing Chase cards and you have an Amex and want to apply for an Amex.

I believe that when you will fill out the application Ame should now give you a pop up telling you if you will not be eligible to receive the bonus offer. It's been discussed here and people have gotten these pop ups notifying them that they're excluded.