Author Topic: Gilad Shalit to be released!  (Read 18507 times)

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: Gilad Shalit to be released!
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2011, 07:52:28 PM »
Supposedly the guy in the famous picture with the bloody hands after they lynched those soldiers, is being released
I think...
It has a lot to do with Politics. A, he wasn't a high ranking officer. That matters to Israel. B, they actually didn't know where he was.

...but in the end it's just... a lot to do with politics.

It's a really sad situation. And far from perfect. Israel 'dealing' with terrorists like this.

Hopefully ONE good thing WILL come of this... Gilad Shalit will come home. Finally.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Nitantnel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2011, 09:09:47 PM »
I think...
It has a lot to do with Politics. A, he wasn't a high ranking officer. That matters to Israel. B, they actually didn't know where he was.

...but in the end it's just... a lot to do with politics.

It's a really sad situation. And far from perfect. Israel 'dealing' with terrorists like this.

Hopefully ONE good thing WILL come of this... Gilad Shalit will come home. Finally.

Honestly I don't think this will end up being a good thing either. How do you expect him to live with himself knowing that he was the cause of setting terrorists free, breaking the already broken hearts of the families who have lost loved ones, endangering Israel immensely, and perhaps the worst of all: giving the enemy a feeling of victory they do not deserve! If he only has a heart, I am sure he will be depressed forever, although I hope that won't be the case. I am really curious to see how such a life will unfold.

In any event i think torture, and not death, is the best bet against these animals. Death takes only one second, and they even think it's holy, torture is something that they won't be able to handle. I don't understand how they play against Israel using the lowest of low, and Israel feels a need to play classy with them.

And there is no excuse to send that lintz guy out.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2011, 09:20:13 PM »
Honestly I don't think this will end up being a good thing either. How do you expect him to live with himself knowing that he was the cause of setting terrorists free, breaking the already broken hearts of the families who have lost loved ones, endangering Israel immensely, and perhaps the worst of all: giving the enemy a feeling of victory they do not deserve! If he only has a heart, I am sure he will be depressed forever, although I hope that won't be the case. I am really curious to see how such a life will unfold.

In any event i think torture, and not death, is the best bet against these animals. Death takes only one second, and they even think it's holy, torture is something that they won't be able to handle. I don't understand how they play against Israel using the lowest of low, and Israel feels a need to play classy with them.

And there is no excuse to send that lintz guy out.

You are right. I am sure no matter what he will have a long emotional road ahead of him.  And I would hope no one should make him feel that way. 

Offline Jkhein

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2011, 10:23:25 PM »
guys, some of you are just not facing reality!
First of all, I think he will be living fine with this problem of letting out the terrorists, he is a vadai that he would die if not, they are just a sofuk (a strong one) if they will stirr trouble again and not be caught before hopefully!
Yes I agree Israel should really dismember a different part of their bodies and chop them alive than barbeque and hang them every day in the city square untill he would of been released, but, my dear friends we all know that this cannot ne done!! We know how many friends Israel has in the world, weve seen it just a few weeks ago, lets keep this bit!!! Yes we need them and desperately!!! And they should dare do this and we in the US would be suffering when going out in the street, there was no other way to get this deal closed!
Besides, Hamas were actually the loosers here, this list was pretty much prepared a while ago, but they demanded it include Bargoutti and the other two which Israel refused untill this day!!

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2011, 10:28:01 PM »
We know how many friends Israel has in the world, weve seen it just a few weeks ago, lets keep this bit!!! Yes we need them and desperately!!!

A true believer, right there ladies and gentleman.

Besides, Hamas were actually the loosers here, this list was pretty much prepared a while ago, but they demanded it include Bargoutti and the other two which Israel refused untill this day!!

I don't care how you slice it, I'm pretty sure there is no way Hamas comes out on the losing end of this deal.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Jkhein

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2011, 10:37:23 PM »
do you belive that we dont need them?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2011, 10:39:28 PM »
do you belive that we dont need them?

Well, due to the excessive use of pronouns, I guess I could mistaking your meaning, but if you're saying does Israel need the US, I'd say the answer to that question would be directly proportional to your level of belief.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline Nitantnel

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2011, 10:53:37 PM »
Well, due to the excessive use of pronouns, I guess I could mistaking your meaning, but if you're saying does Israel need the US, I'd say the answer to that question would be directly proportional to your level of belief.

Well written, my friend!

Offline Jkhein

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2011, 10:57:50 PM »
I'm not seeing where it gets to my levels of belief. Israel and so any country when at war or similar, needs as much support possible from anyone who can give it! Was not referring to the US specific, I did not even mention them! I said that Israel needs as much support as they could get!

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2011, 01:59:03 AM »
I'm not seeing where it gets to my levels of belief. Israel and so any country when at war or similar, needs as much support possible from anyone who can give it! Was not referring to the US specific, I did not even mention them! I said that Israel needs as much support as they could get!

Anyone, or anybeing? Again, comes down to level of belief.

Offline Chaikel

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 20
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Rav Kav Platinum
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2011, 04:02:54 AM »
+100
Create professional looking itineraries.
Check out eliteitinerary.com

Offline chuchem

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2011, 04:50:53 AM »
I would like to ask if you agree to my view

Gilad Shalits father was really putting alot of pressure on the goverment via media, protests for them to free his son. He said, he does not care what price they pay and wanted his son back, no matter what cost. I know its his son and its hard to judge, but my feeling through the last years were always, that he does not care about anybody. He didnt care about the 1000's of terror victims and if the terrorists will attack again. He only cared about his own goals... I didnt like him from the start... Did anybody else also have a very unfavourable, selfish impression from the shalits

When Nachshon Wachsman was taken more then a decade ago, his parents took a diffrent path and also Rabin refused to negotiate. Yes, he unfortunatly got killed, but they didnt try it again for a long time, as they knew there was no point.

His mother:
At that time I did not have the "luxury" of breaking down. We were all mobilized for the next four days, 24 hours a day, to do everything in our power to save our son's life. We spoke to Prime Minister Rabin, who informed us that he would not negotiate with terrorists, nor would he yield to blackmail. We announced Nachshon's American citizenship, and President Clinton intervened.

And we appealed to our brethren –- to the Jewish people throughout the world –- and asked them to pray for our son. The Chief Rabbi of Israel delegated three chapters of Psalms to be said every day, and people everywhere, including schoolchildren who had never prayed before, did so for the sake of one precious Jewish soul.

I asked women throughout the world to light an extra Sabbath candle for my son. From about 30,000 letters that poured into our home, I learned of thousands of women who had never lit Sabbath candles, who did so for the sake of our son –- who had become a symbol of everyone's son, brother, friend.

On Thursday night, 24 hours before the ultimatum, a prayer vigil was held at the Western Wall and, at the same hour, prayer vigils were held throughout the world in synagogues, schools, community centers, street squares ... and, yes, churches throughout the world. People of good faith everywhere hoped and pleaded and prayed for Nachshon.

At the Western Wall 100,000 people arrived, with almost no notice –- Chassidim in black frock coats and long side curls swayed and prayed and cried, side by side with young boys in torn jeans and ponytails and earrings. There was total unity and solidarity of purpose among us –- religious and secular, left wing and right wing, Sephardi and Ashkenazi, old and young, rich and poor –- an occurrence unprecedented in our sadly fragmented society.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2011, 07:59:21 AM »
Its his son. It would be hard to ask him to think so differently than wanting to do anything to get him back.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Offline damaxer91

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2011, 08:42:42 AM »
I would like to ask if you agree to my view

Gilad Shalits father was really putting alot of pressure on the goverment via media, protests for them to free his son. He said, he does not care what price they pay and wanted his son back, no matter what cost. I know its his son and its hard to judge, but my feeling through the last years were always, that he does not care about anybody. He didnt care about the 1000's of terror victims and if the terrorists will attack again. He only cared about his own goals... I didnt like him from the start... Did anybody else also have a very unfavourable, selfish impression from the shalits

When Nachshon Wachsman was taken more then a decade ago, his parents took a diffrent path and also Rabin refused to negotiate. Yes, he unfortunatly got killed, but they didnt try it again for a long time, as they knew there was no point.

His mother:
At that time I did not have the "luxury" of breaking down. We were all mobilized for the next four days, 24 hours a day, to do everything in our power to save our son's life. We spoke to Prime Minister Rabin, who informed us that he would not negotiate with terrorists, nor would he yield to blackmail. We announced Nachshon's American citizenship, and President Clinton intervened.

And we appealed to our brethren –- to the Jewish people throughout the world –- and asked them to pray for our son. The Chief Rabbi of Israel delegated three chapters of Psalms to be said every day, and people everywhere, including schoolchildren who had never prayed before, did so for the sake of one precious Jewish soul.

I asked women throughout the world to light an extra Sabbath candle for my son. From about 30,000 letters that poured into our home, I learned of thousands of women who had never lit Sabbath candles, who did so for the sake of our son –- who had become a symbol of everyone's son, brother, friend.

On Thursday night, 24 hours before the ultimatum, a prayer vigil was held at the Western Wall and, at the same hour, prayer vigils were held throughout the world in synagogues, schools, community centers, street squares ... and, yes, churches throughout the world. People of good faith everywhere hoped and pleaded and prayed for Nachshon.

At the Western Wall 100,000 people arrived, with almost no notice –- Chassidim in black frock coats and long side curls swayed and prayed and cried, side by side with young boys in torn jeans and ponytails and earrings. There was total unity and solidarity of purpose among us –- religious and secular, left wing and right wing, Sephardi and Ashkenazi, old and you. ng, rich and poor –- an occurrence unprecedented in our sadly fragmented society.

Noam Schalit has heroically done what every single one of us would have done had it been our kids.

You cannot compare the Wachsman case as it was (unfortunately) a very quick episode and they did not suffer 5 years of waiting.

A close friend asked R Elyashiv personally and he responded that "the Arabs will continue to try and kill and kidnap us no matter the situation". He also said (reluctantly) that a few more terrorists among the tens of thousands out there are does not make things much more of a sakana.

Getting him back was the goal and we paid a lower price than originally thought.

Offline chuchem

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2011, 12:53:45 PM »

A close friend asked R Elyashiv personally and he responded that "the Arabs will continue to try and kill and kidnap us no matter the situation". He also said (reluctantly) that a few more terrorists among the tens of thousands out there are does not make things much more of a sakana.
----------------------

Alot of other gedolim disagree. So I would respectfully say, that I have a hard time agreeing, as the guys that are set free are masterminds, planers and cordinators of such attacks. They are not some stone throwing thugs. So a couple of 100 of these on the street could make a big difference

------------------

A close friend asked R Elyashiv personally and he responded that "the Arabs will continue to try and kill and kidnap us no matter the situation"- kill yes, kidnap, no... as there is no point, if they dont get anything in return

Offline elikay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile

Offline DovidR

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2011, 12:00:22 AM »
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but it could be that Israel is doing this trade, in part, because negotiating with Hamas weakens Abas and his bid for immediate statehood.
The trade may also bolster relations between Israel and Egypt. Egypt is brokering the deal after all.

Offline elikay

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2011, 12:06:31 AM »
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but it could be that Israel is doing this trade, in part, because negotiating with Hamas weakens Abas and his bid for immediate statehood.
The trade may also bolster relations between Israel and Egypt. Egypt is brokering the deal after all.
CBS headline "Hamas: We win in swap; Score is 1027 to 1"

Offline elikay

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2011, 01:42:03 AM »
Gilad now in Egyptian custody at Kerem Shalom crossing.

Offline Cbs

• View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2011, 02:27:41 AM »