Author Topic: Amazon Incorrectly Charged Full Price On Fire 7 Tablet Case Prime Day Deal  (Read 7510 times)

Offline Agoldsc1

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Amazon Incorrectly Charged Full Price On Fire 7 Tablet Case Prime Day Deal
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2019, 12:04:22 PM »
Fighting this now with Amazon. Thanks OP and mileagejunkie for bringing this to my attention.

Offline aradisc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2019, 12:57:51 PM »
Huh that explains the random Amazon charges on my CC that I couldn't figure out. Super shady. Fighting it now.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline aradisc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2019, 01:41:48 PM »
Escalated to promotions team and got refund of $28.61 to GC (chose that over refund to CC).  [$50.87 charged in two parts - $22.26 quoted original price]

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline stooges44

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline ShimshonK

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2019, 02:57:51 PM »
Here's my story - posting from DD article comments, hadn't seen this thread until now that Dan posted it.

I had ordered 13 of these. I’ve been receiving them 1-2 at a time for the past 2 months, and I just now finished receiving them all. First 7 I was charged the correct $21 plus tax, the last 6 I was charged $47.99 plus tax and the invoices now reflect that in my Amazon account (the invoice shows the $46.99 prime savings but removes the additional $26.99 prime savings). After lengthy call with Amazon, they said they do see there was an error with the promotions on the orders that billed the higher amount. They said they will refund the difference, but cannot do it from their end, so sending over all the information to the marketing and promotions department, and they should take care of it and email me within a day. I will try to post follow up here once updated.
Follow up –
Marketing and promotions department emailed me within an hour, but they did not have the whole story like they were supposed to, and I had to explain it to them all again. It was a little hard replying to their emails, because it didn’t usually let replies. After sending email with screenshots of confirmation emails, they refunded the $26.99 mischarge amount per tablet, but not the tax I was charged. Took more phone calls and a live chat until they told me they have to send it to the tax department, and a couple days later they refunded me the tax (actually they over-refunded me a total of $8 and change, but I think I deserve it). Also got a $5 promo for next order thrown in from the live chat.
I’m shocked Amazon can do such a thing without any apologies, etc. It has to be against their terms.

Offline offers

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2019, 09:45:52 PM »
Just got off the phone with supervisor. Had issue on 4 orders of 4 tablets each. Correctly priced in confirmation email at $84 total but invoice was showing $191.96 total. On credit card statement had it broken up at $38.18 per tablet and additional $9.81 per case. Resolved the issue fairly quickly and was refunded the $107.96 difference on each of the 4 orders plus $50 dollar promotional credit for my trouble! :)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2019, 09:48:37 PM »
Just got off the phone with supervisor. Had issue on 4 orders of 4 tablets each. Correctly priced in confirmation email at $84 total but invoice was showing $191.96 total. On credit card statement had it broken up at $38.18 per tablet and additional $9.81 per case. Resolved the issue fairly quickly and was refunded the $107.96 difference on each of the 4 orders plus $50 dollar promotional credit for my trouble! :)
Nice result, post on DDMS.

Offline Mootkim

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2019, 11:46:41 PM »
So for me I ordered 6 orders of 4 each. I noticed that when they finally started shipping I was being charged $38 and more than $9 for the kindle and case respectively. I chatted with amazon and even called them and they said that they see the 2 prime day savings on the invoice (which was true) and that I am not getting charged extra. I told them to look at the charge breakdown at the bottom of the invoice which showed these charges that would equal more than 84 total. SHe said that she only sees me getting charged 84 and not to worry. I decided to wait until everything finished shipping to deal with it.

When everything finally finished shipping, I noticed that the second prime day saving of 107.96 had conveniently disappeared from my invoice. I called them and was on the phone for over an hour with numerous reps. SOme tried saying that the saving was only on 2 of the shipments or other garbage. Finally a "manager" said that she will send it to kindle dept and they will email me in the AM. The next morning they emailed asking for the promo code entered and where I heard about the promo. I explained that it wasnt a code and was merely a savings in the cart and I sent them the @Dan deals link to this deal  ;D. They replied that they cant honor third party promos ::) . After more explaining and another hour on the phone. I finally got someone named Mark in the Kindle dept that took me under his wings and went through everything with his manager and saw the issue and called me back a few times to tell me that they will process the refunds and finally got everything back ($650).

Offline US

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2019, 11:53:40 PM »
Basically what happened it was a combination of 2 promotions and 1 promotion didn’t actually post so they ended up charging you more.
Should be easy to get it resolved with a supervisor. CSR will try to sell whatever comes up on their mind, just ask for supervisor.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Re: Amazon Prime Day Scam
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2019, 12:35:19 AM »
UPDATE:
Although I was skeptical at first, I got screenshots of every order details from "My Account" and found a dozen orders placed on various accounts that were changed each from $84 to $191.96. Thankfully I had the order confirmation emails as proof. Amazon can see them as well but some agents first lied about the amount there until I sent screenshots, others admitted to it being a mistake right after looking up the emails. I think that it's crazy that they can get away with charging a higher amount than authorized, but I would never fight an Amazon charge unless you want your account closed.
This definitely should reach a wider audience. Thanks OP!
That's what likes are for to bring out the good in topics! Trust me it doesn't bite, and if it does it's not to bad! 😛
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2019, 07:56:27 AM »
Im not looking forward to dealing with this. Way too many orders for them to be happy about.

Offline gingyguy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2019, 09:03:50 AM »
On Prime Day I ordered a Fire 7 tablet and case for $0.00 (Thank you Dan). It was out of stock and I was going to get it when it came back into stock. Today it arrived.

I look at the order summary and they changed it. They charged me $28.70!!!

I still have the email to prove that it used to say $0.00.

I will fight it but be warned
Shame that this is your most liked post!
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Offline stooges44

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2019, 09:08:03 AM »
Im not looking forward to dealing with this. Way too many orders for them to be happy about.

PGFHGS
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline ShimshonK

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2019, 11:34:46 AM »
Nice result, post on DDMS.
That was a nice result, though with this issue it seems to have been the rare result. Amazon handled this terribly for me and most customers it seems.

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2019, 11:46:34 AM »
That was a nice result, though with this issue it seems to have been the rare result. Amazon handled this terribly for me and most customers it seems.
Amazons CS has gone down the drain over the past year. Now all I get is foreigners who can barely speak english and respond with preset quotes for everything. Rarely get any comp anymore.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2019, 11:56:21 AM »
Absolute terrible handling, but still a happy ending.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2019, 12:18:29 PM »
Amazons CS has gone down the drain over the past year. Now all I get is foreigners who can barely speak english and respond with preset quotes for everything. Rarely get any comp anymore.
Call at night when you get the South Africans By far the most knowledgeable and most helpful reps.
  Or ask to speak to a supervisor or an American as you have a hard time understanding the Indians or Pakistani...
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2019, 02:28:44 PM »
PGFHGS

Little early to bust put the BBQ