Author Topic: Discount Tire Direct - Deal and Life Hack  (Read 2278 times)

Offline MaaYanky

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 22
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, and since others...
Discount Tire Direct - Deal and Life Hack
« on: August 19, 2019, 06:48:02 AM »
Discount Tire Direct is an amazing company that backs their sale 100%. On top of steep discounts they also match any advertised price on tires. Discount Tire Direct offers fast shipping, a great selection with a staff that will make sure you hang up getting the correct and the best item for your needs. The best part is, for a few dollars more a tire you get a 100% backed warranty for any issues you have with the tire, including what they call road hazard, which means tire damage from items like nails, potholes, construction equipment, accidents, and anything else. All you will need to pay is the $7 to $15 each tire when you get the new one to continue the warranty. I have my minivan for about 8 years now and I haven't paid for one more set of tires, thanks to the New York City streets.

They are currently offering another $100 on top of the other promotions, including manufacturer warranties and price match.

https://www.discounttire.com/tires

Happy hunting, and post what you find please!

Sample:
Walmart $105, price match will include free 2 day shipping for $320 plus warranty on the tires below. If there would be manufacturer rebates it would
lower the cost further.
2018 Honda Accord tires
https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/goodyear-assurance-a-s/p/36635

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Re: Discount Tire Direct - Deal and Life Hack
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 04:50:31 PM »
Discount Tire Direct is an amazing company that backs their sale 100%. On top of steep discounts they also match any advertised price on tires. Discount Tire Direct offers fast shipping, a great selection with a staff that will make sure you hang up getting the correct and the best item for your needs. The best part is, for a few dollars more a tire you get a 100% backed warranty for any issues you have with the tire, including what they call road hazard, which means tire damage from items like nails, potholes, construction equipment, accidents, and anything else. All you will need to pay is the $7 to $15 each tire when you get the new one to continue the warranty. I have my minivan for about 8 years now and I haven't paid for one more set of tires, thanks to the New York City streets.

They are currently offering another $100 on top of the other promotions, including manufacturer warranties and price match.

https://www.discounttire.com/tires

Happy hunting, and post what you find please!

Sample:
Walmart $105, price match will include free 2 day shipping for $320 plus warranty on the tires below. If there would be manufacturer rebates it would
lower the cost further.
2018 Honda Accord tires
https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/goodyear-assurance-a-s/p/36635

I must say this is pretty funny to see such a post on the forum, not common that you guys post tire deals.
 Just last night I bought two new tires for my Van and 2 for my mini van, since I don't rotate my tires like your supposed to I have two bald front tires on two of my vehicles which needs new tires, so when buying two you miss out on all the rebates and installation rebates.

Bought from Goodyear directly for both cars and priced matched as well to the very company above, and having them shipped within 2 days to a local shop for $19 a tire to have them balanced and mounted, with new valves and caps, and whatever else goes with a new tire.
   I should really rotate my tires every few months as the backs are fine but the very center of the tire is rubbing to the surface of the tire while the outer side of the tire looks brand new.
   Would have ordered from the store above, if not for me needing them on by Wednesday the latest, want to head out beh thursday.

Bought 2 GY Wrangler HT and 2 GY All season Assurance for my toyota sienna, what I could have done is found someone else that wanted two front new tires or just buy all 4 and flip two after I get them.

But great deal indeed.

Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 05:07:25 PM »
For GoodYear.com theres a 10% code that works, or price match and get a code to reduce it to the price you get quoted, and if you like i have a 20% coupon avlb for the next 30 days if someone likes.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline sguitarist18

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 11:22:45 AM »
Does anyone else have suggestions for better places to get tires from?

When you order online and have them shipped to a local shop, are the installation costs accurate, or do they try to tack on more fees?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 09:15:04 PM »
Does anyone else have suggestions for better places to get tires from?

When you order online and have them shipped to a local shop, are the installation costs accurate, or do they try to tack on more fees?
I did four tires ordered from goodyear.com and had them shipped to mavis discount tire, while good year price matches any online retailer.
Exact price goodyear quoted me was the exact amount.

While i ordered two tires from amazon and had them shipped to sears to put them on vs me ordering to my home and then be busy bringing them tires to a tire shop and then have to dispose of the tires.
   Only reason why i would ship them to my home, is because i ended up killing so much time going to the shop whether it be mavis discount tire or sears, i killed so much time that it wasn't worth it, unless you go first thing in the morning before anyone else, otherwise bring to a shop on your own might be worth it so you don't kill a few hours and you pay the same $15-20 to mount and weight them, and for the tires if the shop doesn't want to take them you need to call 311 and find where the closet place is to drop off the tires.
   Good Luck.

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2019, 09:36:39 PM »
So I just noticed a bubble in one of my tires. I’ve never needed to replace tires before, so I’d appreciate whatever help I can get with scoring a good deal. My car is a 2013 Honda Accord ex-l.

Thanks!
Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil. –J. Paul Getty

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2019, 09:57:17 PM »
So I just noticed a bubble in one of my tires. I’ve never needed to replace tires before, so I’d appreciate whatever help I can get with scoring a good deal. My car is a 2013 Honda Accord ex-l.

Thanks!

Here’s a picture of the bulge.
Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil. –J. Paul Getty

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2019, 10:51:01 PM »

Thanks!
on the inside door jam should say what the tire dimensions are.
  Most like to match the exact tire as the other three so start with the coding for the tire and look online with that or once you find the right tire online, there should be a product code which you can use to Google search which would give you a bigger range, anf lots of stores price match which allows you to use for example goodyear.com with Another store to match against.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2019, 07:27:16 PM »
Here's another thread.

https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=15725.msg215881#msg215881

Maybe we can get one thread, merged and retitled?

Also some solid deals here..
https://simpletire.com/