Poll

What Section or row seats you buying?

$36
$54
$36<
$54>
Ground level with hatzalah and chaverim/shomrim...
Not attending.
Been to a siyam hashas before.
1st time being at a siyam hashas.
Barclays center overflow. (24hrs)

Author Topic: The 13th Global Siyum Hashas of Daf YomiAgudath Israel of America.  (Read 102536 times)

Offline stooges44

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
Re: The 13th Global Siyum Hashas of Daf YomiAgudath Israel of America.
« Reply #220 on: December 31, 2019, 10:59:51 AM »
From: Rabbi Ron Yitzchok Eisenman, Rabbi, Ahavas Israel Passaic
The Short Vort
Good Morning!

Today is Tuesday the third of Teves 5780 and December 31, 2019

Important Final Preparation for the Siyum HaShas

As the horrifying events of Monsey are still so fresh in our minds, coupled with other over manifestations of anti-Semitism in the New York area, it behooves all of us to rethink our preparations for the great convocation of Jews on Wednesday in Met-Life Stadium.
As so many of us are involved in our frantic final preparations before heading off to Met Life Stadium or the Barclay Center or to any other venue for Wednesday’s big event, it’s time to make sure we haven’t forgotten anything at home.
With the help of Hashem, almost 100,000 of us will gather at Met Life Stadium with up to another 20,000 or so at the Barclay Center.
In the New York City area alone, , there will be over 100,000 openly observant and clearly recognizable Jews of all stripes and colors, men, women and children who will descend upon arenas whose usual clientele is, to say the least, not arriving for spiritual sustenance.
The law-enforcement individuals who will be (with the Help of Hashem) providing the security have undergone sensitivity training in interacting with a population whose needs and sensitivities are different than your average attendee to an event at Met Life or the Barclay Center.
Therefore, it behooves us, we as Jews who the Mishna describes, “Beloved are Israel, for they are called children of Hashem” to undergo a last minute sensitivity training in order to allow us to enhance this unique event to its fullest potential.
I have therefore compiled a checklist of items to bring.
Keep in mind that this event is a momentous one for Kavod HaTorah and for Kavod Shomayim.

The last-minute items to remember to pack:

1.      SMILE
a.      Most important: remember to bring your best smile with you.
b.      Even if you have not used it a in while, make sure you take it out before you head off to Met Life Stadium or the Barclays Center and shine it up so it looks like new.
c.      Make certain your smile is in excellent operating condition as it will be getting a work-out on Wednesday.
d.     Remember to use that smile constantly and consistently as soon as you arrive at the arena.
e.     Keep in mind that all of the workers, security people, police, maintenance people, cleaning staff, parking attendants and anyone else working are human beings.
f.       These are the same human beings who our Sages say about them, “Beloved are human beings, for they was created in the image of Hashem…as it says, “For in the image of G‑d, He made human beings". (Genesis 9:6)
g.      You must smile when you see someone created in the image of Hashem.
h.     Can you think of any other greater irony than for 100,000 plus people who are the children of Hashem who have come to give honor to Hashem, not recognizing those who are also created in His image?
i.       Smile, smile and smile more at each and every person you meet.

2.      Happy New Year!
a.      These people are all working on what is to them one of the most important and universally observed holidays: the day which is called New Years Day.
b.     It is totally irrelevant that these people are also getting paid for their services (even if they are getting time and a half), nevertheless, it behooves us to realize that this day is usually a day off for them and it is “New Years Day” for them.
c.      Irrespective of if you have no problem saying “Happy New Year” or if you are more comfortable having in mind that you are giving someone a belated greeting from Rosh Hashanah, remember to say Happy New Year!
d.      In the eyes and in the minds of the people you will meet if you don’t say “Happy New Year” you are not saying “Good Morning”.
e.     You can also have in mind it’s the New Year for the new cycle of the Daf Yomi. Whatever you are thinking, remember to say, “Happy New Year!”

3.      Thank You
a.      This might be the most important item to remember to bring.
b.     Chazal stressed the importance of recognizing and expressing our gratitude to others. There are countless stories of our great ones – for instance Rav Moshe Feinstein who was always careful to say thank you to the cook in yeshiva- which impress upon us the critical importance of Hakoras HaTov, gratitude.
c.      Remember, and you can start to practice this at home before you leave the house, remember to say thank you to everyone. This of course must be accomplished together and simultaneously with the big smile on your face!
d.     Make sure to say thank you to everyone and anyone. From the man in the parking lot with the illuminated wand, to the security man with the electronic metal detector wand, to the man with the bomb-sniffing dog, to all these and more, remember to say “Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!”

This event, which takes place just once in seven and a half years, is not simply a Siyum HaShas, it is an opportunity to sanctify His name.
Particularly in our times when Eisav has lifted his hand, it is incumbent upon Yakov to make his Kol- his voice- heard loud and clear.
The voice coming from the mouths of all of the descendants of Yakov, has to be the Kol of “Thank you!”
Accompanying the voice of Yakov saying “Thank you”, has to be the smile of Yakov which is being flashed by over 100,000 men, women and children.
As with the Mitzvah of retelling the exodus from Egypt on Pesach, so too with regard to the Mitzvah of saying, “Thank you”, “Happy New Year” – all of course with a big smile- we can say, “Kol HaMarbeh L’Hagid “Thank you” V’Happy New Year”, Mit a Schmeichel Oif dein Ponim -with a smile on your face, “HaRei Zeh Meshubach!”
“The more a person says “Thank you, Happy New Year and does so with a smile on their face, the more praiseworthy they are before Hashem.”
On Wednesday January 1st, we have an opportunity to have the entire world hear over 100,000 times Thank You and over 100,000 times Happy New Year!
We have the chance to flash hundreds of thousands of smiles throughout the day.
Most importantly, we have the opportunity to bring Kavod and honor to His Holy name.
Let us not squander the opportunity.
These items take up no extra room and you don’t have to place them in a clear plastic bag, just keep them on your beautiful face the entire day.
With the “Thank You”s and the smiles of over 100,000 of His children on January 1st, we should merit to say Thank you to Him speedily in Yerushalayim.

“If Not Now, Then When?”- Hillel
Ron Yitzchok Eisenman
Rabbi
Congregation Ahavas Israel
Passaic, NJ
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline dealfinder11

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 31, 2019, 03:57:21 PM »
Clearly more financially prudent to only have 2 venues instead of 5. They're lucky that there's no blizzard.
I don't think it was a financial decision.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Tomorrow

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 31, 2019, 04:24:00 PM »
When I went to MSG in 1997 and 2005 there were headphones for purchase. I don't believe there was an option at MetLife 2012 and I am certain they wont be free.
7184323475 for English. Bring earphones and your phone.
Sorry if I ask so many questions, but life is short and there is so much to learn! Let's help each other be great!

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 31, 2019, 04:28:37 PM »
Finally some schedule posted, why cant Agudah post it directly?

https://greaterlakewood.com/see-it-the-siyum-hashas-program/

Why is there no CHASIDIC rabbi speaking or talking other then Novominsker rebbe? is there discrimination? Should Chasidim abstain and not attend?
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline shaulyaakov

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: December 31, 2019, 04:32:19 PM »

Why is there no CHASIDIC rabbi speaking or talking other then Novominsker rebbe? is there discrimination? Should Chasidim abstain and not attend?
There's no modern orthodox Rabbi's speaking either. It's Agudah's show - they get to run it.

Offline gogreen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 31, 2019, 04:35:15 PM »
Rav Aharon Shiff, rov of Antwerp is chassidish and will be speaking in Yiddish.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 04:39:34 PM by gogreen »

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 31, 2019, 04:36:19 PM »
There's no modern orthodox Rabbi's speaking either. It's Agudah's show - they get to run it.

I get it, they should be called out though, and they should be making it for KLAL YISROEL.

The agudah should reflect its people. They are actively trying to get Chasidim to be part of their organization.

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 31, 2019, 04:42:10 PM »
Rav Aharon Shiff, rov of Antwerp is chassidish and will be speaking in Yiddish.

Missed that one. I am guessing a lot of hard work went into making the schedule but as a non expert in this field I just don't find it reflective of the general participants that will most likely be attending and that includes not only Chasish but as stated (by others) Modern orthodox and others. Again i'm no expert but at a first glance that's what I see.

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 31, 2019, 04:42:37 PM »
I get it, they should be called out though, and they should be making it for KLAL YISROEL.

The agudah should reflect its people. They are actively trying to get Chasidim to be part of their organization.

Seriously? Get a life. And might as well get your facts straight.

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 31, 2019, 04:43:56 PM »
I have two parking codes available please post if used    TGykW5

THE LINK TO ORDER YOUR PRE-PAID PARKING PASS(ES) IS: https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/00005768BBE67236?did=siyumvipparking

Siyum HaShas Pre-Paid Parking

The following PASSWORD(S) must be entered in order to purchase your passes.  A single password entitles you to purchase up to 3 parking passes.  If you have ordered more than 9 seats, you are receiving 1 password for each 9 seats ordered.

HERE IS/ARE YOUR PASSWORD(S):  PASSWORDS ARE CASE-SENSITIVE.

TGykW5

Due to the limited number of spaces available reserved lots, we respectfully, request that you not share your password with others.

Please note that once you purchase your passes, they are not returnable and non-refundable.  In addition, you must print out the physical pass that will appear on the screen after your purchase, as the Stadium will not allow entry even if you have your pass on any mobile device. A PHYSICAL  PARKING PASS IS REQUIRED.

We are honored that you have chosen to support the Siyum HaShas with your seat purchase, and we are pleased to offer this amenity in order to enhance your experience on the day of The Siyum.  We look forward to your participation in this monumental event l’kovod haTorah.

Offline Mimo

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National executive elite, Hertz pc
« Reply #231 on: December 31, 2019, 04:44:30 PM »

i was thinking the same, the leadership @ aguda used to be more colorful, as of the last few years its not as colorful as it once was you can see it stand out by their conventions also. The irony here is that the founder of daf hayomi was a staunch tzortkov chossid. In my opinion having one chasidic speaker and probaly the only speach in yiddish is odd.

Offline gogreen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 31, 2019, 04:47:46 PM »
Slightly surprised that the Klausenberger didn't get Kabolas Ol Malchus Shomayim. IIRC, he's done it for at least the last 3 siyumim and his father before him as well.

Offline Tomorrow

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 31, 2019, 04:48:40 PM »
I'd say that the majority of the people who speak Yiddish understand English, and not Visa vie, so wouldn't it make sense to have the majority of the speeches in English?
Sorry if I ask so many questions, but life is short and there is so much to learn! Let's help each other be great!

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 31, 2019, 04:51:45 PM »
Seriously? Get a life. And might as well get your facts straight.
i was thinking the same, the leadership @ aguda used to be more colorful, as of the last few years its not as colorful as it once was you can see it stand out by their conventions also. The irony here is that the founder of daf hayomi was a staunch tzortkov chossid. In my opinion having one chasidic speaker and probaly the only speach in yiddish is odd.

@yelped Some might think like you and some might think like myself.

I just hope most think like you, but sadly I think its the other way around. My friends and family  I've spoken to feel the same way, and I have a colorful variety.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 31, 2019, 04:51:51 PM »
Anyone know what the rules are for bringing stuff into Barclay? Will there be kosher food sold? There's a guide for all this stuff for MetLife but not Barclay.

Offline shaulyaakov

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 31, 2019, 04:52:31 PM »
I'd say that the majority of the people who speak Yiddish understand English, and not Visa vie, so wouldn't it make sense to have the majority of the speeches in English?
Obviously. Doesn't mean they'll do it, as English isn't "frim".

Offline Mimo

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 31, 2019, 05:14:23 PM »
There's a reason they always used to have most speakers in Yiddish probably because most of our grandparents spoke it, having said that I'm not saying all should be in Yiddish but I think one or two speeches in Yiddish is too little, maybe we should also have a Hebrew speaker just saying.

Offline Mimo

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 31, 2019, 05:15:03 PM »
Slightly surprised that the Klausenberger didn't get Kabolas Ol Malchus Shomayim. IIRC, he's done it for at least the last 3 siyumim and his father before him as well.
I hear he's not feeling well

Offline Boruch Parnes

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 31, 2019, 05:22:21 PM »
Can someone make a list who they would have as speakers if they would be in charge
Its impossible to have it perfect but I do think agudah did close to perfect