Author Topic: Motzei Shabbos Timing at JFK?  (Read 698 times)

Offline fairlyintrigued

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Motzei Shabbos Timing at JFK?
« on: August 19, 2019, 06:38:31 PM »
Relatively inexperienced traveler here - wanted to know (reasonably) how long prior to the Delta JFK-TLV flight on Saturday nights at 11:14 PM one needs to arrive? My wife and I are looking at the flight on 9/7 but live in Riverdale. With Shabbos ending at 8:00 PM, probably couldn't be at the airport before 9 or 9:15. Is that enough time to check a bag and get through security? We have TSA precheck but doesn't appear they have a line open at the time. Any advice is appreciated, as well as whether we should just take the El Al flight at 11:50. Thanks!

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: Motzei Shabbos Timing at JFK?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 09:31:47 PM »
Relatively inexperienced traveler here - wanted to know (reasonably) how long prior to the Delta JFK-TLV flight on Saturday nights at 11:14 PM one needs to arrive? My wife and I are looking at the flight on 9/7 but live in Riverdale. With Shabbos ending at 8:00 PM, probably couldn't be at the airport before 9 or 9:15. Is that enough time to check a bag and get through security? We have TSA precheck but doesn't appear they have a line open at the time. Any advice is appreciated, as well as whether we should just take the El Al flight at 11:50. Thanks!
9:15 for an 11:14 flight is plenty of time.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan