Author Topic: Help Ukrainian Refugees In Moldova! Crowdsourcing DDF Resources And Talent  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Suave

• DansDeals Developer
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
    • SWIZU Web Development
  • Programs: Photoshop
I finally have my command center operational more or less, but can use all the help I can get.

This thread is strictly for efforts related to rescuing, assisting & absorbing refugees from Ukraine.

IMPORTANT: Do not discuss any sensitive information here. There are various nefarious elements who I will not name who are aggressively looking for information that can compromise our efforts.

Do not discuss any specific locations or assets, identifying information of anyone involved, politics, etc.

Anyone that needs to contact me can do so through other methods, I may not reply to PMs. Any emergency communication can be done through intermediaries like @jj1000

Please do not use this thread for anything other than actual & relevant assistance in my efforts to help the refugees.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 10:02:39 AM by jj1000 »
DDMS Built with ♥ by SWIZU

Offline Suave

• DansDeals Developer
    • View Profile
    • SWIZU Web Development
Re: Helping Refugees
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2022, 07:08:29 AM »
Here's a list of help I can use right now.

• URGENT: Connections with NGO's who can help with clearing aid packages from various countries. I have several communities offering food, clothing, blankets etc. But I need to find a verified and operational contact who can help these packages clear the borders
  • Verified information sources of currently misplaced refugees who need immediate assistance
  • Qualified person who can help me set up zendesk for Refugee Intake & Processing

If there is anything else you feel you can help with please let me know.

Online YitzyS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
Re: Helping Refugees
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 10:00:59 AM »
I was hesitant from posting because I don't have any verified information, but since nobody seems to know, I'll offer my two sense.

Agudath Israel may be willing to help with some red tape. They have connections, and they may know how to leverage them. As a plus, they started a Ukraine fund, so you may be able to tap into some of those funds for your center.

Although you specifically asked for Non Government Organizations, I will offer one suggestion from within the US Government. Congressman Chris Smith, whose district includes Lakewood, sits on the House Committee on Foreign Affairs and on the Subcommittee for Global Human Rights. In the past, he has been very involved in getting numerous people out of foreign countries, like Yanky Ostreicher for example. He's facing a harder-than-usual primary challenge this year, and it's very likely that he'll be willing to step in and help if he gets phone calls from his constituents. If there is a specific issue in which a US Congressman can help, post it here and we'll get the Lakewood residents to call his office.

Offline Suave

• DansDeals Developer
    • View Profile
    • SWIZU Web Development
Re: Help Ukrainian Refugees In Moldova! Crowdsourcing DDF Resources And Talent
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 01:55:41 PM »
Anyone have any realtime updates from Chop or Koscin border crossing? Have busses with 70 children and 2 pregnant women that need expedited crossing and relief waiting for them at the Hungarian side.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: Help Ukrainian Refugees In Moldova! Crowdsourcing DDF Resources And Talent
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2022, 06:20:02 PM »
Anyone with a tzedaka that can help with tax receipts for donations to refugees?
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline shwarmabob

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Anyone have any realtime updates from Chop or Koscin border crossing? Have busses with 70 children and 2 pregnant women that need expedited crossing and relief waiting for them at the Hungarian side.
There are about 5000 people at the train station waiting for the train to Hungary. Not sure about the road conditions.

Offline Suave

• DansDeals Developer
    • View Profile
    • SWIZU Web Development
There are about 5000 people at the train station waiting for the train to Hungary. Not sure about the road conditions.
Thanks. The convoy made it through safely, with a baby born at the crossing BH

Offline gozalim

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
with a baby born at the crossing BH
Yocheved?

Offline VacationLover

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Hiller Cohen from Ukraine Hatzolah said that Hatzolah air is sending an airplane to Bucharest to reach Moldova and help the elderly and those in need of medical attention.