Author Topic: Merge aa accounts  (Read 2027 times)

Online shmooz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Merge aa accounts
« on: October 24, 2011, 10:05:12 AM »
I got approved for the 75k aa card but since I left my current aa account number blank they opened another account for me, so now i have two. Doesnt matter too much since my old account has only 500 miles and maybe a few thousand coming in soon for a bonus(nowhere near a million so that doesnt matter either)

I would still  like to combine them so i dont lose the few thousand, is it better to ask citi to change the number before any miles post, or let them post and then ask aa to combine?

Offline Side incomer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Merge aa accounts
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 01:04:27 PM »
I got approved for the 75k aa card but since I left my current aa account number blank they opened another account for me, so now i have two. Doesnt matter too much since my old account has only 500 miles and maybe a few thousand coming in soon for a bonus(nowhere near a million so that doesnt matter either)

I would still  like to combine them so i dont lose the few thousand, is it better to ask citi to change the number before any miles post, or let them post and then ask aa to combine?
Better combine later. a lot less of a hassle, than talking to the clueless reps of citi.
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה

Offline lybbtthl

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Barely anything these days...
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 09:47:57 PM »
i think you can call aa and ask them to consolidate the accounts

Offline Avid Reader

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 09:52:01 PM »
i think you can call aa and ask them to consolidate the accounts

+1 I did that some time ago, without a problem. Probably better to still wait for the miles to post, lest there be some mix up and you're left without the miles.