Topic Wiki

I have a 7 night bonvoy certificate which expires this week. Since it has been extended a year ago they are unwilling to extended again, only to give me 5000 points for it. Any suggestions?
« Last edited by yaakovb on January 28, 2020, 02:09:36 PM »

Author Topic: #Bonvoyed - Master thread - Post all Bonvoyed related content - Only Negative  (Read 61536 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Marriott said they were going to extend 2019 status till the end of 2021, I believe.
Nope.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Danlover111

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
your status changes at the end of March when status resets every year, Platinum doesnt last forever you need to keep renewing it by staying 50 nights a year or spending a certain amount on the Ritz card.....
how did i get it? i did not spend much on the card, and did not do that many stays.

Offline mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
how did i get it? i did not spend much on the card, and did not do that many stays.
there were glitches when Marriott and SPG converted that gave it to some people. It wasn’t going to last forever

Offline Danlover111

• View Profile
there were glitches when Marriott and SPG converted that gave it to some people. It wasn’t going to last forever
>:( whats the easiest way to get it?

Online pointer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
It was not a glitch.
If you had the RC card before the merger, you earned Marriott gold directly, (And not through a Starwood match.) so you got bumped to platinum.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
It was not a glitch.
If you had the RC card before the merger, you earned Marriott gold directly, (And not through a Starwood match.) so you got bumped to platinum.
not everyone got it. My wife has the ritz card and never got plat. It certainly was a glitch. Officially they were not giving Plat for that

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
not everyone got it. My wife has the ritz card and never got plat. It certainly was a glitch. Officially they were not giving Plat for that
I got bumped from Marriott Plat to Titanium with the merger.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline sguitarist18

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Marriott said they were going to extend 2019 status till the end of 2021, I believe.
Nope.

Sorry, 2022. I think?

From the email their CEO sent in April:

Status Extension: We want you to be able to enjoy the status that you earned in 2019. With that in mind, the status you earned in 2019 will be extended to February 2022.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sorry, 2022. I think?

From the email their CEO sent in April:

Status Extension: We want you to be able to enjoy the status that you earned in 2019. With that in mind, the status you earned in 2019 will be extended to February 2022.
That's status earned in 2019, so your 2020 status, not your 2019 status.

Online pointer

• View Profile
The glitch was that you didn't get it.
The official policy was that Marriott gold (besides if earned through a match) will become platinum in the new program.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
The glitch was that you didn't get it.
The official policy was that Marriott gold (besides if earned through a match) will become platinum in the new program.
earned through stays you just made up the last part. Through having a CC didn’t count. I spent a lot of time calling MT trying to get them to give her plat

Online pointer

• View Profile
earned through stays you just made up the last part. Through having a CC didn’t count. I spent a lot of time calling MT trying to get them to give her plat
Nowhere was it mentioned that it had to be earned through actual nights.
All the blogs wrote, as long as it was not earned through a match, you will become platinum in the new program.

Here is a link to what Dan wrote on the subject.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
Nowhere was it mentioned that it had to be earned through actual nights.
All the blogs wrote, as long as it was not earned through a match, you will become platinum in the new program.

Here is a link to what Dan wrote on the subject.
Again there was a lot of confusion back then and I personally had no luck but great to all those that got it.

Offline refill

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
IIRC, when you canceled a points reservation, the points would be immediately redeposited? It didn't happen when I canceled an October res.

I'm on a tight turnaround and need the points to be redeposited ASAP.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
IIRC, when you canceled a points reservation, the points would be immediately redeposited? It didn't happen when I canceled an October res.

PUTPAC

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile

Are you sure its not there? try incognito mode or the app, the cache can make it seem it did not get returned.
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline refill

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Are you sure its not there? try incognito mode or the app, the cache can make it seem it did not get returned.

Yep, tried incognito mode and the Bonvoy app--nothing. I tried Twitter, but they haven't replied in a while. Going to call.

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
Yep, tried incognito mode and the Bonvoy app--nothing. I tried Twitter, but they haven't replied in a while. Going to call.
Intrestesting.
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline refill

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
My points are back after I called. All they said was "You're right. Something happened." then put me on hold for 5 minutes and everything got redeposited.

Thanks, @mochjas

Offline refill

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
I'm looking at a list of hotels available on points, and there's a Cat 6 for 2 nights showing for the standard 100k total. When I click the button to book, all the sudden it jumps to 198k. Anyone have any success being able to book at the standard rate if you PUTPAC?