Topic Wiki

I have a 7 night bonvoy certificate which expires this week. Since it has been extended a year ago they are unwilling to extended again, only to give me 5000 points for it. Any suggestions?
« Last edited by yaakovb on January 28, 2020, 02:09:36 PM »

Author Topic: #Bonvoyed - Master thread - Post all Bonvoyed related content - Only Negative  (Read 61217 times)

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
The purpose of this thread is all Negative Marriott content shall be easily accessible for, if and when Marriott will decide they would like to correct their program.
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
SPG converted my Cat 1-5 travel package to Cat 5 back in 2018. Cat 5 stayed in account until recently when I tried to make reservation and it wouldnt allow me to. Called and they said its and old Cat 5 which is now a Cat 1-4. So they switched it to Caat 1-4. Tweeted @MBonvoyAssist and after much back and forth they changed it back to New Cat 5 and issued 40k compensation for my "frustrations". Transferred the points to family member. Fraud & Compliance then removed New Cat 5 and replaced with Cat 1-4 again and pulled the points from family members account. An hour on the phone with CS and supervisor and was told that there is a note on the account that no further changes may be made to certificate.

They may have been right but why did Twitter rep clarify that it was a Cat 5 and then reissue when I called? They screwed up royally and then just helped themselves.

What ticked me off was the fact that they took the points too. So I asked for the points back and showed them the DM from Twitter that stated it was not issued in relation to the actual certificate but as a courtesy for my frustrations. Only then did they reinstate the points to the family member account.

Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
SPG converted my Cat 1-5 travel package to Cat 5 back in 2018. Cat 5 stayed in account until recently when I tried to make reservation and it wouldnt allow me to. Called and they said its and old Cat 5 which is now a Cat 1-4. So they switched it to Caat 1-4. Tweeted @MBonvoyAssist and after much back and forth they changed it back to New Cat 5 and issued 40k compensation for my "frustrations". Transferred the points to family member. Fraud & Compliance then removed New Cat 5 and replaced with Cat 1-4 again and pulled the points from family members account. An hour on the phone with CS and supervisor and was told that there is a note on the account that no further changes may be made to certificate.

They may have been right but why did Twitter rep clarify that it was a Cat 5 and then reissue when I called? They screwed up royally and then just helped themselves.

What ticked me off was the fact that they took the points too. So I asked for the points back and showed them the DM from Twitter that stated it was not issued in relation to the actual certificate but as a courtesy for my frustrations. Only then did they reinstate the points to the family member account.

Sounds like Marriott.
RIP SPG.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline shwarmabob

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
wow, sounds insane.

Offline hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
Sounds like Marriott.
RIP SPG.
The supervisor made me screenshot the Twitter DM that said the word "frustration" and email it to her direct email because they are under strict instructions from higher up not to issue any compensation for old packages. She said she would reverse the 40k courtesy if she didnt get the screenshot by the end of the day. She admitted that it was not nice that they did this to me. But there is a zero tolerance policy related to any changes or compensation for the old travel packages.

After admitting the mistakes and giving back the 40k she didnt even have the courtesy to offer additional compensation which was most definitely in order.

I must have spend 6-8 hours total on the phone with them over this.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
Wow. Sounds like we should Smisek this Sorenson out before anything good is gone forever.

Offline KSMH

• View Profile

Never knew they had the capability to actually research something, are their smart ppl working there?

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
What's awful is that one department agreed with the consumer and went ahead and made the necessary changes and then another department came and reversed it just like that! It was uncalled for and unfair especially given the amount of time already spent on this. It's sad how un-customer friendly they've become.

Offline Baglach

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
Had a reservation at the Mystique Santorini, called Marriott (recorded the call) and rep said was free Cancellation. 2 weeks later i see 451$ charge from Mystique still waiting to hear from amex if i win Dispute

Online yelped

• View Profile
Had a reservation at the Mystique Santorini, called Marriott (recorded the call) and rep said was free Cancellation. 2 weeks later i see 451$ charge from Mystique still waiting to hear from amex if i win Dispute
Did you try calling the hotel to see why they charged the fee when there was supposed to be free cancellation? Were you still in the allotted timeframe?

Offline Baglach

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
Re: #Bonvoyed - Master thread - Post all Bonvoyed related content - Only Negative
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2019, 09:51:36 AM »
Hotel claims within 30days has a fee

Offline Hjay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: #Bonvoyed - Master thread - Post all Bonvoyed related content - Only Negative
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2019, 04:24:49 PM »
Stayed at a design hotel last week. Requested an upgrade for gold & after some back & forth was told that her manager said we just participate in Marriott that you can book through them but we do not give upgrades or any other benefits. When I challenged that I was told to check T&C. I didn’t have the head to fight with them then was already waiting half an hour for my room & needed to get the kids to sleep. I did a little research & it’s total BS, I went through the T&C & there is no exclusion for design hotels (& was looking at reviews of the hotel on TA & responses from the management clearly mentions upgrades for Marriott members). Should I email the GM of hotel or Marriott?

Online yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2019, 06:35:32 PM »
They don't have to give upgrades as far as I remember. This was still before the merger of Marriott and SPG.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2019, 09:22:44 PM »
They may not have to give upgrades, but they shouldn't say that they don't have to give ANY benefits to Marriott members with status.

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2019, 10:10:01 PM »
Hotels changing categories without notice?

Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Central Park to cat 6.

Did dynamic pricing create some hotels prices to be on lower side, do they just raised the category?

Offline elya

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2019, 10:21:06 PM »
Hotels changing categories without notice?

Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Central Park to cat 6.

Did dynamic pricing create some hotels prices to be on lower side, do they just raised the category?
Realized that yourself?

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2019, 12:33:18 AM »
Realized that yourself?
On what's app.

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Hjay

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2019, 01:36:22 AM »
They don't have to give upgrades as far as I remember. This was still before the merger of Marriott and SPG.

They do have to give upgrades as confirmed by hotel itself afterwards, they just didn’t really know how to communicate in English or so they claim.

Offline davidrotts63

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2019, 04:19:01 AM »
On what's app.
exactly the point, there is no reason you have to forward everything from a private WhatsApp group here, at least hide yourself a little by changing the wording.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch