Topic Wiki

I have a 7 night bonvoy certificate which expires this week. Since it has been extended a year ago they are unwilling to extended again, only to give me 5000 points for it. Any suggestions?
« Last edited by yaakovb on January 28, 2020, 02:09:36 PM »

Author Topic: #Bonvoyed - Master thread - Post all Bonvoyed related content - Only Negative  (Read 60692 times)

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
I'm looking at a list of hotels available on points, and there's a Cat 6 for 2 nights showing for the standard 100k total. When I click the button to book, all the sudden it jumps to 198k. Anyone have any success being able to book at the standard rate if you PUTPAC?

Do u have two Marriott browser tabs open?
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline refill

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Do u have two Marriott browser tabs open?

Nope, it's just not showing standard room availability (only "deluxe") for points once I click through even though it says rooms are available with points in the list.

Offline KSMH

• View Profile

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Seems like the Residence Inn Miami Beach Surfside continues to be totally crappy about upgrades for Titaniums.  My colleague went for business today and is staying for 1 night and checked in as a Titanium and was blatantly lied to that no suites were available when every single room type was still available for sale in the app as well as online - including rooms with views as well as 1 bedroom suites.  He didn't feel like making a big deal but so much for that.

Offline lansky

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Seems like the Residence Inn Miami Beach Surfside continues to be totally crappy about upgrades for Titaniums.  My colleague went for business today and is staying for 1 night and checked in as a Titanium and was blatantly lied to that no suites were available when every single room type was still available for sale in the app as well as online - including rooms with views as well as 1 bedroom suites.  He didn't feel like making a big deal but so much for that.
this happens everywhere marriott doesn't care i would suggest to move to hyatt,hilton

Offline mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
this happens everywhere marriott doesn't care i would suggest to move to hyatt,hilton
If only they had hotels in Surfside....

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
They Hotels policy is not to upgrade.
St Regis has adopted this policy as well.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile

We definitely are.  Working on Hyatt globalist and he's almost there.

But this is a problem in Bal Harbor/Surfside:

If only they had hotels in Surfside....
Hyatt has no properties remotely close to there.

They Hotels policy is not to upgrade.
St Regis has adopted this policy as well.

I know it's their policy not to upgrade (I saw the memo Dan had once posted in one of his posts on the main site) but it still irks me whenever they outright lie to me or anyone else.

You mean specifically St Regis Bal Harbor or any St Regis has a policy of not upgrading?

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
We definitely are.  Working on Hyatt globalist and he's almost there.

But this is a problem in Bal Harbor/Surfside:
Hyatt has no properties remotely close to there.

I know it's their policy not to upgrade (I saw the memo Dan had once posted in one of his posts on the main site) but it still irks me whenever they outright lie to me or anyone else.

You mean specifically St Regis Bal Harbor or any St Regis has a policy of not upgrading?

St Regis Bal Harbor
I do think someone shall sue Marriott for violating their own T&C.
They get ppl to spend money and then deny them what they are promised.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
St Regis Bal Harbor
I do think someone shall sue Marriott for violating their own T&C.
They get ppl to spend money and then deny them what they are promised.

I agree. And this was peak season pricing to boot - $275 bucks for a dirty basic room (he sent me pics). It was his first (and probably only) time there. Was considering St Regis but decided it wasn't worth the splurge. Maybe that was a mistake.

The category 1 Hyatt he stayed in the following night elsewhere (far from Miami) was nicer and cleaner.

Offline mdv

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Titanium Hyatt Globalist Hilton Diamond UA silver DL silver AC 25k Avis PC Hertz PC National EE
Re: #Bonvoyed - Master thread - Post all Bonvoyed related content - Only Negative
« Reply #190 on: February 16, 2021, 09:28:14 AM »
W fort Lauderdale not giving me a suite that shows bookable online (titanium status). Front desk claims it's not really a available and the marketing team oversells their rooms.is this a common thing or completely untrue
Sorry I don't have any snarky line for this space

Offline lansky

• View Profile
Re: #Bonvoyed - Master thread - Post all Bonvoyed related content - Only Negative
« Reply #191 on: February 16, 2021, 09:48:16 AM »
Anything from marriott is a lie,you should of asked can I book the suite straight up ,I would love to see their face

Offline mdv

• View Profile
  • Programs: Marriott Titanium Hyatt Globalist Hilton Diamond UA silver DL silver AC 25k Avis PC Hertz PC National EE
« Reply #192 on: February 16, 2021, 09:50:19 AM »
I did ask and they claim i wld get the closest room type

Offline lakewood34

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 16, 2021, 09:58:29 AM »
marriot ceo dies suddenly

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/16/marriott-says-ceo-arne-sorenson-died-after-battle-with-cancer.html

maybe this will change some of the policies and direction of the company with a new ceo

Offline mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #194 on: February 16, 2021, 10:20:40 AM »
marriot ceo dies suddenly

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/16/marriott-says-ceo-arne-sorenson-died-after-battle-with-cancer.html

maybe this will change some of the policies and direction of the company with a new ceo
it will but probably not for the better

Offline mdv

• View Profile
I haven't been able to see my most recent stays or any of my activity is my account(both on website and app) for about a week now

Offline tavster

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP

Offline mdv

• View Profile
Marriott Bethesda hotel and conference center not giving suite upgrade for titanium for tonight when there are more than 10 suites available to book online . Only offering a slight discount on the cash rate to upgrade.
 Chatted with "manager" and this was his response

Hello. We only have a very limited amount of suites that we can offer as a free upgrade for our titanium members. The other suites we have on property ew have to sell on the website. If you need to we can get your number and I can pass it along to my manager and he can reach out to you.
Good Afternoon , My name is Brock and I am the Room Operations Manager. I understand that you are interested in a complimentary upgrade, unfortunately we do not have the availability to do so during your stay. We of course would be happy to upgrade you if our availability allowed it. Please accept our sincerest apologies for this inconvenience.
Hello, a room can be considered available as a free upgrade based on the total available inventory of that room type. We must allow a percentage of our room inventory to be offered for purchase via online reservation sites, as well as our central reservations hub for reservations that come in over the phone.

When i pressed further  :

As you stated previously , the benefits state that a complimentary suite can be offered based on availability . This benefit is not a guarantee and the availability is determined by the property on a daily basis .
[/b]

Is there any truth to what he  is saying or if it's available for cash it has to be available for elite upgrades ?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 02:48:32 PM by mdv »

Offline Hjay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile

Offline Joel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
https://milestomemories.com/bonvoyed-again-hotel-credit-card-fees/

I wonder what responses @Dan would get
Are you supposed to bring cash?
How eles do you pay for a room. In advance?

Absurd