Author Topic: Which cards can be combined?  (Read 1571 times)

Offline YG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Which cards can be combined?
« on: November 08, 2011, 10:22:12 AM »
Re: consolidating credit lines, do both the bank and the credit provider have to match?

eg a bank of america visa, citi amex and citi visa, would all have to remain independent and unconsolidated, meaning that to close any of them to avoid yearly fees would cost in terms of credit score?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: Which cards can be combined?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 12:15:59 AM »
I'm gonna go out on a limb here based on 40+ views and no comments that not very many people understood your question.

Wanna give it another crack?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline bubbles

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 12:27:10 AM »
I'm gonna go out on a limb here based on 40+ views and no comments that not very many people understood your question.

Wanna give it another crack?

I think he is asking if you'd be able to consolidate credit from lets say the Chase Ink Bold (which is a mastercard) to the Chase Sapphire Preferred (visa), which you can do. Or to take from a BOFA visa card to a Chase visa card, which you cant

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 12:28:46 AM »
I think he is asking if you'd be able to consolidate credit from lets say the Chase Ink Bold (which is a mastercard) to the Chase Sapphire Preferred (visa), which you can do. Or to take from a BOFA visa card to a Chase visa card, which you cant

If so, you've answered the question.

/daily civic duty
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline YG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 08:12:24 AM »
@AJK
thank you for addressing the post and giving me a heads up.  i had assumed the lack of response was due to a lack of interest.

@bubbles
spot on.
Thank you!

All you guys on here are fantastic.  I tried googling, and its useless.  Mostly irrelevant, and when you find something relevant, you never know who knows what they're talking about and who does not.
 no worries about that here   :D

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 11:36:51 AM »
@AJK
thank you for addressing the post and giving me a heads up.  i had assumed the lack of response was due to a lack of interest.

@bubbles
spot on.
Thank you!

All you guys on here are fantastic.  I tried googling, and its useless.  Mostly irrelevant, and when you find something relevant, you never know who knows what they're talking about and who does not.
 no worries about that here   :D

No prob, Bob... Welcome.