Author Topic: What cell phone are you currently using? And what are you upgrading to next?  (Read 124224 times)

Offline dd321

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
That's gonna be a pretty big upgrade. :) Hope the wait isn't too much longer.
o ya. couldnt part with my keyboard or bbm, but bb"s are just junk, crashes few times a day.

Offline smurf

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
Currently usin Blackberry Bold, sprint contract expiring in a few days, open to all carrier and phone suggestions

Offline DrDanny

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I'm not sure what you mean when you say open to anything but the current best of the best would be a galaxy S3 on Verizon

Offline smurf

• View Profile
I'm not sure what you mean when you say open to anything but the current best of the best would be a galaxy S3 on Verizon
Meaning since i'm no longer under contract I'd consider going elsewhere.
The thing is right now I have a great plan, I'm paying $140 for 3 lines with unlimited data, sms, m2m, n/w. and 1500 reg minutes.
Although when I upgrade I'll get hit with the $ 10 premium data charge but still a pretty good deal

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Meaning since i'm no longer under contract I'd consider going elsewhere.
The thing is right now I have a great plan, I'm paying $140 for 3 lines with unlimited data, sms, m2m, n/w. and 1500 reg minutes.
Although when I upgrade I'll get hit with the $ 10 premium data charge but still a pretty good deal

If you're concerned with price I'd stay with your current carrier. Plus you should be able to get some sort of credit for resigning your contract. Like $50-$80.
As for phones I'd recommend the Evo 4G lte or galaxy s3 or the iphone 4s or you could wait for the iphone 5.
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline elikay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
I had the Optimus S for 2 years. The screen wasn't that big. And the camera not the best like the ones out today but it was by far one of my favorite phones of all time. A great solid device! And at the time when it came out it had no lag compared to other high end androids which were doing so well.

A great phone!
+1
Its a great phone, and greatly underestimated.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
+1
Its a great phone, and greatly underestimated.

Another great phone is the Photon. It's way smoother than the Galaxy s2. And more intuitive. It's also a great phone to buy used for International travel as it has a place for a simple card and can be had for cheap on ebay.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 10:00:28 PM by sky121 »

Offline smurf

• View Profile
If you're concerned with price I'd stay with your current carrier. Plus you should be able to get some sort of credit for resigning your contract. Like $50-$80.
As for phones I'd recommend the Evo 4G lte or galaxy s3 or the iphone 4s or you could wait for the iphone 5.
not a fanboi i'm going for android. Will wait and see what sprint offers me after my contract is up

Offline sky121

• View Profile
not a fanboi i'm going for android. Will wait and see what sprint offers me after my contract is up

You don't even have to wait. You caN call now.

Offline dhalpern1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Priority Club Platinum Elite
Re: What cell phone are you currently using? And what are you upgrading to next?
« Reply #169 on: September 05, 2012, 12:27:15 PM »
I am eligible for an upgrade starting today with Verizon. My top 2 contenders are Galaxy S3 or waiting a month for the Iphone 5. Anyone care to weigh in? I havent really heard of any other phones that might compete with those two (not really interested in the razr maxx).

Thanks.

Offline RJ898

• View Profile
Re: What cell phone are you currently using? And what are you upgrading to next?
« Reply #170 on: September 05, 2012, 12:34:58 PM »
I am eligible for an upgrade starting today with Verizon. My top 2 contenders are Galaxy S3 or waiting a month for the Iphone 5. Anyone care to weigh in? I havent really heard of any other phones that might compete with those two (not really interested in the razr maxx).

Thanks.
If you're a "techy" you may want to go with Android. If you want the original smartphone that will never fail, go with the iPhone.
Part of the vast right wing conspiracy.

Offline Yossi.

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 05, 2012, 12:36:13 PM »

Thanks.
why dont u just wait for a week to see what the iphone 5 has to offer...

Offline dhalpern1

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Priority Club Platinum Elite
« Reply #172 on: September 05, 2012, 12:42:10 PM »
why dont u just wait for a week to see what the iphone 5 has to offer...

Thanks, i think i will prob end up waiting until after the holidays. Wanted to moreso have people weigh in as to if those are the major 2 options for the rest of 2012 and then decide between them.

Offline sky121

• View Profile

Thanks.

You have to pick something that sways you one way or the other. 
Size? Feel? Open platform? Itunes?
Etc.

Offline doodley

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 05, 2012, 01:13:10 PM »
I have the bb 9930. It sucks.  I'm eligible for a upgrade and verizon is offering the iphone 4 for only $50 I'm thinking abt getting it or is it worth waiting for the new iphone 5 and prob gonna need to pay 199. Also I'm very NOT tech savvy

Offline RJ898

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 05, 2012, 01:38:00 PM »
I have the bb 9930. It sucks.  I'm eligible for a upgrade and verizon is offering the iphone 4 for only $50 I'm thinking abt getting it or is it worth waiting for the new iphone 5 and prob gonna need to pay 199. Also I'm very NOT tech savvy
Don't get a 4, the apps that are coming out are all being made to be used with faster phones.
Always get the newest phone or at least one generation back (which in a few weeks will be the 4s)
Part of the vast right wing conspiracy.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #176 on: September 05, 2012, 02:44:52 PM »
If you're a "techy" you may want to go with Android. If you want the original smartphone that will never fail, go with the iPhone.
I know lots of non-techies who couldn't be happier on Android.

If you can wait I'd hold out for the next version of the Galaxy Nexus, running the pure android version of Jelly Bean.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 05, 2012, 02:45:53 PM »
And there's always the Nokia Lumia. :)

Offline dhalpern1

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 05, 2012, 02:46:48 PM »
I know lots of non-techies who couldn't be happier on Android.

If you can wait I'd hold out for the next version of the Galaxy Nexus, running the pure android version of Jelly Bean.

Whats the target release date of the Nexus? I hate my phone right now (droid x) and would wait up to around a month.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 05, 2012, 02:48:00 PM »
Whats the target release date of the Nexus? I hate my phone right now (droid x) and would wait up to around a month.

What didn't you like about the Droid x? Maybe that will help us lead you in the "right" direction.