Author Topic: What cell phone are you currently using? And what are you upgrading to next?  (Read 123682 times)

Offline dhalpern1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Priority Club Platinum Elite
Re: What cell phone are you currently using? And what are you upgrading to next?
« Reply #180 on: September 05, 2012, 02:51:05 PM »
What didn't you like about the Droid x? Maybe that will help us lead you in the "right" direction.

Using your prior criteria, i hate the feel of it. I dont like the platform (and was scared to upgrade since it was causing tons of people problems). I know droid stepped up their game for the S3, so I am not opposed to staying with droid.

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
Re: What cell phone are you currently using? And what are you upgrading to next?
« Reply #181 on: September 05, 2012, 02:52:53 PM »
Using your prior criteria, i hate the feel of it. I dont like the platform (and was scared to upgrade since it was causing tons of people problems). I know droid stepped up their game for the S3, so I am not opposed to staying with droid.

When you say droid do you mean ANDROID? or do you mean the Droid phone from Verizon?
"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline dhalpern1

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Priority Club Platinum Elite
« Reply #182 on: September 05, 2012, 02:53:35 PM »
When you say droid do you mean ANDROID? or do you mean the Droid phone from Verizon?

Android in general.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 05, 2012, 02:57:28 PM »
Android in general.

Ok, cuz saying Droid means one thing and saying Android means another. Keep that in mind.

So you didn't like the Motorola's version of Android?
The new versions are different. Are there any that you've played with that you do like? Samsungs version? LG? Pure Android?

Offline dhalpern1

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 05, 2012, 03:04:33 PM »
Ok, cuz saying Droid means one thing and saying Android means another. Keep that in mind.

So you didn't like the Motorola's version of Android?
The new versions are different. Are there any that you've played with that you do like? Samsungs version? LG? Pure Android?

Ive checked out the S3 and it looks and feels great, and Iphone is always a safe bet. Basically i would like a phone that would work well without too many issues for the whole 2 year contract, not just 16-18 months.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 05, 2012, 03:21:23 PM »
Ive checked out the S3 and it looks and feels great, and Iphone is always a safe bet. Basically i would like a phone that would work well without too many issues for the whole 2 year contract, not just 16-18 months.

And what do you do on your phone mostly?

Offline dhalpern1

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 05, 2012, 03:23:51 PM »
And what do you do on your phone mostly?

Internet, Music, Social Media, a bunch of apps (not soo many games).

Thanks for your help btw.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 05, 2012, 03:24:54 PM »
Internet, Music, Social Media, a bunch of apps (not soo many games).

Thanks for your help btw.

Ok so for me right away I'd rather go with Android for music because I like not having to deal with Itunes. But if you're an Itunes guy then you could go with the iphone5 and as long as you like their UI I'm sure you'd be happy with it.

Offline dhalpern1

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 05, 2012, 03:28:44 PM »
Ok so for me right away I'd rather go with Android for music because I like not having to deal with Itunes. But if you're an Itunes guy then you could go with the iphone5 and as long as you like their UI I'm sure you'd be happy with it.

I used iTunes on my current droid, so that wouldn't be too much of a factor for me.

Offline RJ898

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 05, 2012, 03:30:03 PM »
Off topic, for all the android users out there, what program do you use to sort your id3 tags?
Part of the vast right wing conspiracy.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 05, 2012, 03:30:52 PM »
I used iTunes on my current droid, so that wouldn't be too much of a factor for me.

And you're sticking with Verizon, yes?
Do you like the Apple UI?

Offline dhalpern1

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 05, 2012, 03:31:41 PM »
And you're sticking with Verizon, yes?

Yes. I have the family phone plan and bundled that with the fios triple play, so for convenience, would like to keep it as is.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 05, 2012, 03:35:02 PM »
Yes. I have the family phone plan and bundled that with the fios triple play, so for convenience, would like to keep it as is.

Apple supposedly has good customer service when their phones break so if you want something that's going to last you 2 years I'd say maybe choose an iphone.
I myself prefer Android since I like not having to use Itunes for everything and enjoy having an external SD card.
That being said I also prefer the smaller phones so I would enjoy the iphone 5 for it's size.
You would save money by buying the Galaxy S3 or the iphone 4 versus the iphone 5.

Offline dhalpern1

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 05, 2012, 03:37:57 PM »
Apple supposedly has good customer service when their phones break so if you want something that's going to last you 2 years I'd say maybe choose an iphone.
I myself prefer Android since I like not having to use Itunes for everything and enjoy having an external SD card.
That being said I also prefer the smaller phones so I would enjoy the iphone 5 for it's size.
You would save money by buying the Galaxy S3 or the iphone 4 versus the iphone 5.

Good point, i work right near an apple store. Thanks all for your help, especially sky.

Offline RJ898

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 05, 2012, 03:38:09 PM »
What do you use instead?

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 05, 2012, 03:40:07 PM »
What do you use instead?

I just drag my music straight onto my SD card/phone and use the standard music app on whichever android phone I am using at the moment.
And I can put my songs from itunes, songs downloaded from other places on the internet and songs ripped to my computer all onto my phone no problem.

Offline RJ898

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 05, 2012, 03:45:14 PM »
I just drag my music straight onto my SD card/phone and use the standard music app on whichever android phone I am using at the moment.
And I can put my songs from itunes, songs downloaded from other places on the internet and songs ripped to my computer all onto my phone no problem.
But how do you sort id3 tags?

Offline sky121

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 05, 2012, 03:50:13 PM »
But how do you sort id3 tags?

What do you mean? It works no problem.  The id3 tag is the songs info etc? yes?

Offline RJ898

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 05, 2012, 03:53:09 PM »
What do you mean? It works no problem.  The id3 tag is the songs info etc? yes?
Sometimes you have 3 Avraham Frieds spelled differently. How would you fix thanks without itunes?

Offline Cbs

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: HHonors Gold, Delta Diamond Medallion, AA Platinum Pro
« Reply #199 on: September 05, 2012, 03:59:09 PM »
I am eligible for an upgrade starting today with Verizon. My top 2 contenders are Galaxy S3 or waiting a month for the Iphone 5. Anyone care to weigh in? I havent really heard of any other phones that might compete with those two (not really interested in the razr maxx).

Thanks.
Why are you not too interested in the RAZR maxx?