Author Topic: What cell phone are you currently using? And what are you upgrading to next?  (Read 124278 times)

Offline Achas Veachas

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
    • Torah && Tech
Lol. Anyone else still have their old Nokias hiding around somewhere? :)

Offline Tankchucker

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

I actually had 1 delivered today off upgrades on my account.   I have no reason to believe the battery will be anything to write home about.
The G3 had pretty awful battery actually. I'm still waiting to see reviews on the G4 but if I haven't heard by now anyone mentioning the battery I doubt I'll be surprised.

http://blog.laptopmag.com/smartphones-best-battery-life

I'd like a z3.

Don't either believe that it'll be anything major, but I read that the battery will be better optimized on the  G4. Battery swapping is better than wall charging IMHO and that won't be an option on the Sony. The there drawbacks in the G3 is the battery life, no physical shutter button (besides fur that o love the buttons being in the back) and the speaker is on the back which you would probably really hate coming over from a HTC. Besides the slightly better battery the G4 will have the same drawbacks.

Offline sky121

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile

Don't either believe that it'll be anything major, but I read that the battery will be better optimized on the  G4. Battery swapping is better than wall charging IMHO and that won't be an option on the Sony. The there drawbacks in the G3 is the battery life, no physical shutter button (besides fur that o love the buttons being in the back) and the speaker is on the back which you would probably really hate coming over from a HTC. Besides the slightly better battery the G4 will have the same drawbacks.

I never needed to wall charge with my HTC before the update.  >:(

"Not all who wander are lost"

Offline Tankchucker

• View Profile
I never needed to wall charge with my HTC before the update.  >:(
My phone was garbage before the update because of all the sprint bloatware that got in the way of everything. My battery may have started draining faster after the update, but I hated my phone before the update.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
My phone was garbage before the update because of all the sprint bloatware that got in the way of everything. My battery may have started draining faster after the update, but I hated my phone before the update.

Which phone is that?

Offline Tankchucker

• View Profile

Offline Work-for-ur-muny

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
It used to bother me, but for $27 I got two extra battery's and a external battery charger and now I splurge on the battery full brightness and location always on and don't worry at all about battery life, only plugged my phone in twice since I got the battery's. It's not the must convenient thing but better then a battery case or portable battery.
I happen to have opposite experience. I always have an extra battery in my pocket in case my primary runs out (which it usually doesn't). I find that a battery charged in an external charger (the spare) rather than when it's in the phone (primary), plugged into the wall, only lasts about a third of the time than the primary battery that was in a wall charger overnight. I'm not gonna say that this should apply to every phone, though, especially since mine is not the most advanced of phones (centro, machlokes if it's smart or dumb).

Offline Tankchucker

• View Profile
I happen to have opposite experience. I always have an extra battery in my pocket in case my primary runs out (which it usually doesn't). I find that a battery charged in an external charger (the spare) rather than when it's in the phone (primary), plugged into the wall, only lasts about a third of the time than the primary battery that was in a wall charger overnight. I'm not gonna say that this should apply to every phone, though, especially since mine is not the most advanced of phones (centro, machlokes if it's smart or dumb).
Honestly I can't measure if it goes out faster, before I was using almost my whole battery everyday but always had the location of and the brightness low and rationed out my battery to make it last, now I go though 2+ batteries a day but I splurge on it.

Offline Work-for-ur-muny

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
Honestly I can't measure if it goes out faster, before I was using almost my whole battery everyday but always had the location of and the brightness low and rationed out my battery to make it last, now I go though 2+ batteries a day but I splurge on it.
As I wrote in my post that I easily carry through an average day (+ change) on a single charge, IME the only reason why I can pull that off is because I use it with the battery that charged in the phone all night. Although, I do keep certain features (brightness, bluetooth etc.) at a low to preserve as much battery as possible. But again, it will be a crime to compare one phone to another in this aspect.

Offline Tankchucker

• View Profile
As I wrote in my post that I easily carry through an average day (+ change) on a single charge, IME the only reason why I can pull that off is because I use it with the battery that charged in the phone all night. But again, it will be a crime to compare one phone to another in this aspect.
My charging port doesn't get used much, it's all battery swapping.

Offline cozmohoot

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
My lg g2 has great battery life! Also, good point about changing androids. Definitely easier to change iphone.
Sprint phones that are used can be bought super cheap which is a plus

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
All cdma phones are half the price of gsm phones used. If your fine with sprint, good for you. I currently have an old TMobile galaxy. I buy a new simple mobile Sim card with a month service preloaded for a couple of bucks on Ebay every month. Less than $25 for a year of service. :)
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline cozmohoot

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Vzw phones are more expensive since their unlocked by default

Offline emak

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Droid turbo. Great battery and nice camera. Got $350 credit for new edge program when I switched numbers and gave in old junk phone.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
Droid turbo. Great battery and nice camera. Got $350 credit for new edge program when I switched numbers and gave in old junk phone.

One of my top picks. Wish they had it on other carriers.  First in the Droid line I've ever liked.

Offline Cheesecake

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Boost, LG Volt. I got it for free when porting # from MetroPcs.

I like it, but I've never used a high end phone, so I don't know how it compares.

Offline Dr Moose

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
LG G3

very nice and sleek phone
I'm still using it, thinking of getting the note edge next.
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline sky121

• View Profile
Anyone using a Note 5? Any comment on battery life?

Offline The Metzuyan

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Re: What cell phone are you currently using? And what are you upgrading to next?
« Reply #419 on: November 05, 2015, 03:37:41 PM »
I'm thinking of switching to ring plus. Anyone have any good ideas of which phone to buy?
"Not everything that is thought should be said...."