Author Topic: What cell phone are you currently using? And what are you upgrading to next?  (Read 122927 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
I just traded in my s10e for a s21. I've been using it for a few weeks and can say it's def faster. Battery life on the s10e was OK, s21 a little better. I'm used to having a 256gb SD card over the phone in built and I love my plug in earphones, but the trade in value of $550 and the reasonable MSRP on the s21 was too good to miss, in addition I basically got a A7 tablet for $50 after the $100 credit they give for buying products. I got the 256gb version, got a pair of Bose flex Bluetooth earphones for $50 and couldn't be happier.

If your used to Samsung you will probably like it, if not there are probably better options out there.
I've had Galaxy for a while then Motorola and I will say the Motorola battery life is better. So that's basically my only thing keeping me back from getting an S10 or I'll go for the S20-S21  but going to need to get the Bose 35 or find a piece to make my Bose 25 compatible. 
   And order a decent pair of earplugs, headphones or wireless pods, whatever you call them to use with my phone when driving.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Yo ssi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
Interesting to note that while new phones are faster, the reason they usually feel way faster is because of all the clog of files apps etc. try once to factory reset your phone and you'll get a nice boost in performance. (Should help battery life as well)

You can get a bluetooth transmitter for the QC25s or simply get a USB C to earphone adapter.
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline MoYS

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Interesting to note that while new phones are faster, the reason they usually feel way faster is because of all the clog of files apps etc. try once to factory reset your phone and you'll get a nice boost in performance. (Should help battery life as well)
If you want similar results but dont want to re-install apps or back up photos and contacts and all the hassle of factory reset, try wiping the cache partition. Every phone is a drop different and you need to google it for the exact instructions.

Offline JlmBoi

• View Profile

You can get a bluetooth transmitter for the QC25s or simply get a USB C to earphone adapter.
I always wait till my phone is fully loaded and bogged down by my filter to consider the speed
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪

Offline myi

• View Profile

I think I'm going to do that just to remove my filter. It's horrible. I can't reach Support and I'm stuck with a filter that delays my search results by 10 seconds per search, half my apps don't work, from my favorite TMobile Tuesday to apps that require location services, have a no internet symbol and no data icon when browsing have no clue what that means, while my data works with a delay.
 Half the websites I visit don't work, asked to unlock or remove that block, but still doesn't work on my end.
   Nor does my google talk to speech work, that means no google lens, no talk to waze, Google maps or any dictate to speech.
 Way to many things blocked or not working.
   Gave them many opportunities over the past 1-2 months but it's does not seem to fit my needs.
 Using Purifeye as my filter, but the CS stinks. Avlb from 5am till 10am NY time! And then I get there automatic response on WhatsApp, or a no response when emailing them.

I spent way to much time troubleshooting my own issues with them. Feel like I'm in beta mode with them.

It's either gentech, netspark or that other one I saw posted in the filter thread.

I need a filter primarily for the browser to block sites and pictures, and if they can filter apps as well that's a bonus, everything else I need to work properly, not making my phone work at 50%.

At Purifeye I'm being told if you want this and this then this feature won't work. It's either this working or this. I find that kind of restrictive.

I thought I'm saving some money by paying $40-50 when I'll Glady pay $70-80 for a working filter and swap over for all devices that need filtering to whomever will work for my needs.

Didn't think of that for the headphones to work, using a Usb c. But would like the volume and hang up feature on the cord. Wonder if there's a replacement wire to go with the new technology that's outs there.

Was thinking it was my phone that's the issue.

Though I think it's time for an upgrade.
 Pretty much looking for a solid phone with a nice battery life and a normal size device. Don't want something super big or square.
 Headphone jack is nice to have and sd card was also but not a must.
 Just curious would those otg or whatever they're called work to insert an sd card into my phone to read the sd card?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 01:20:15 AM by myi »
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline Yo ssi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
Didn't think of that for the headphones to work, using a Usb c. But would like the volume and hang up feature on the cord. Wonder if there's a replacement wire to go with the new technology that's outs there.
Volume and hanging up work as usual.

Just curious would those otg or whatever they're called work to insert an sd card into my phone to read the sd card?
Yes.
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline myi

• View Profile
Volume and hanging up work as usual.
Yes.
Oh you mean use the same wire, just the adapter for the Aux to usb C! Gotcha ya.

So I guess an S21 or something to that would be my best option at this point.

Offline JlmBoi

• View Profile
I think I'm going to do that just to remove my filter. It's horrible. I can't reach Support and I'm stuck with a filter that delays my search results by 10 seconds per search, half my apps don't work, from my favorite TMobile Tuesday to apps that require location services, have a no internet symbol and no data icon when browsing have no clue what that means, while my data works with a delay.
 Half the websites I visit don't work, asked to unlock or remove that block, but still doesn't work on my end.
   Nor does my google talk to speech work, that means no google lens, no talk to waze, Google maps or any dictate to speech.
 Way to many things blocked or not working.
   Gave them many opportunities over the past 1-2 months but it's does not seem to fit my needs.
 Using Purifeye as my filter, but the CS stinks. Avlb from 5am till 10am NY time! And then I get there automatic response on WhatsApp, or a no response when emailing them.

I spent way to much time troubleshooting my own issues with them. Feel like I'm in beta mode with them.

It's either gentech, netspark or that other one I saw posted in the filter thread.

I need a filter primarily for the browser to block sites and pictures, and if they can filter apps as well that's a bonus, everything else I need to work properly, not making my phone work at 50%.

At Purifeye I'm being told if you want this and this then this feature won't work. It's either this working or this. I find that kind of restrictive.

I thought I'm saving some money by paying $40-50 when I'll Glady pay $70-80 for a working filter and swap over for all devices that need filtering to whomever will work for my needs.

Was thinking it was my phone that's the issue.

Though I think it's time for an upgrade.
 Pretty much looking for a solid phone with a nice battery life and a normal size device. Don't want something super big or square.
 Headphone jack is nice to have and sd card was also but not a must.
Sounds like a nightmare. I belive netspark is cheaper than what you are paying. Idk about the US but here in Israel they have good whatsapp support and it's much cheaper than the prices you are taking about. All talk to speech works and it's fully customizable. Highly recommend.

Offline myi

• View Profile
Sounds like a nightmare. I belive netspark is cheaper than what you are paying. Idk about the US but here in Israel they have good whatsapp support and it's much cheaper than the prices you are taking about. All talk to speech works and it's fully customizable. Highly recommend.
How's the battery life when running a vpn the whole day?

Offline JlmBoi

• View Profile
How's the battery life when running a vpn the whole day?
The filter def has a effect on performance. Get a good phone and that will minimize it. I think most filters run on VPNs. Why do you think that that's the draining part? I would think its that's its always running in the background.

Offline ChapsTheMatzav

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Whether you think you can or you think you cannot, you're right.