Author Topic: "Why Does No One Care About Violence Against Orthodox Jews?" (Interesting Article Split)  (Read 6130 times)

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA
Maybe just maybe YOU are the one not understanding things over here. Maybe YOU need to get out more.
It is possible but highly unlikely. Those growing up in sheltered communities are less aware of what is going on outside their community. I know no one likes to hear that but facts are facts.
You're so far up Trump's a** you can see Giuliani's feet.  HT Baruch

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
If you would get out more you would know where to look.  :P
Maybe just maybe YOU are the one not understanding things over here. Maybe YOU need to stop with your mantra of "get out more" and look with open eyes and an open mind at what is presented right in front of you in the most clear fashion.

FTFY
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
It is possible but highly unlikely. Those growing up in sheltered communities are less aware of what is going on outside their community. I know no one likes to hear that but facts are facts.

OK. So let's get some facts from the one that is out there so much. Please provide some MSM or tweets from the people "out there" that decry the kind of antisemitism we are talking about.

PUOSU!
-- Dan

Offline aygart

• View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Okay, but what do those outside that sheltered community know about what happens within?
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used to start a religious discussion.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
OK. So let's get some facts from the one that is out there so much. Please provide some MSM or tweets from the people "out there" that decry the kind of antisemitism we are talking about.

PUOSU!
How about comments from me? Would that suffice?
My original point and still is that violence against all minorities do not get the outcry they deserve. Translation: Nobody cares.
This position is trying to be twisted into I don't believe this is happening against Jews.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
Okay, but what do those outside that sheltered community know about what happens within?
Maybe because they actually see what is happening.
Remember the case about the elderly Jewish man that was beat up for no reason. The guy got out of his car and just went after him. Some of us actually learn by listening.  ;)

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
My original point and still is that violence against all minorities do not get the outcry they deserve. Translation: Nobody cares.
This position is trying to be twisted into I don't believe this is happening against Jews.

Go back to reading comprehension 101 (or just take a breather, relax, and try to reread what was written in the article and here with a clear mind).
-- Dan

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
Go back to reading comprehension 101 (or just take a breather, relax, and try to reread what was written in the article and here with a clear mind).
The article has several points. One of which is these crimes are not getting the outcry they deserve. Do you disagree?

Offline aygart

• View Profile
Except that there are constantly MSM articles etc about racism and many other forms of bigotry but not about this one.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used to start a religious discussion.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
I myself have written about this at length before here and at The Forward.

This is last week:

That's one of the leaders of the Reform movement, arguably the largest group of Jews in the country, going on a show with an unrepentant anti-Semite with Jewish blood on his hands.

This is the head of the ADL, who's job description is literally to combat anti-Semitism also whitewashing the anti-Semite:

This is because the victims are A) not the right kind of Jews. b) the perpetrators are not the right kind of anti-Semites.

This is me a couple of weeks ago:

This happens on a daily basis. I probably only tweeted that one because I was scrolling through Twitter when it happened. It's no big deal to get cursed at, right? But this is my neighbor:

I could just as easily have been attacked.

Many DDFers live in Rockland County where this is going on:

And the same for Tom's River/Lakewood and many other places.

You like to say words matter. Oftentimes silence matters more.
Terrifying. This is why we all have passports.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile

I grew up in South Africa, no other Chassidic Jews in my neighborhood.
I studied in Canada, France, Australia, Brooklyn and Buffalo.
My wife grew up in Nebraska, 3 hours away from the nearest Chassidic Jew, and who knows how far from what one could legitimately call a Chassidic community.
My next door neighbor is from Trinidad. My co-workers are from the Philippines, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Puerto Rico, and numerous states.
I've traveled to 5 continents.
I am hardly the exception. But please, tell me more about how sheltered we are.
Quote from: ExGingi
[Stating things eloquently] seems to be Yehuda57's job around here :)

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
Except that there are constantly MSM articles etc about racism and many other forms of bigotry but not about this one.
...and that has what to do with my point?
Do you see anywhere I say MSM gives equal time to violence against each minority?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
This is why we all have passports.

-- Dan

Offline aygart

• View Profile

This is last week:

That's one of the leaders of the Reform movement, arguably the largest group of Jews in the country, going on a show with an unrepentant anti-Semite with Jewish blood on his hands.

This is the head of the ADL, who's job description is literally to combat anti-Semitism also whitewashing the anti-Semite:

This is because the victims are A) not the right kind of Jews. b) the perpetrators are not the right kind of anti-Semites.

They, like many others, are more concerned about bashing Trump than the real issue.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
...and that has what to do with my point?
Do you see anywhere I say MSM gives equal time to violence against each minority?

Who's talking about equal time?

PUOSU!
-- Dan