Author Topic: Best way to get premium economy united ticket  (Read 849 times)

Offline Thetcgang

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Best way to get premium economy united ticket
« on: September 01, 2019, 05:09:09 PM »

I Purchased one premium economy ticket for 1650. However, soon thereafter price shot up between 3500 and 4600 More than two months ago and has not really gone down.Trying to figure out how to proceed.

I can purchase a United flexible economy ticket for $1700, class H, and use 65,000 miles to put myself on the waitlist to upgrade. However this is not guaranteed and I believe the People with status go ahead so I don’t know the odds of me actually getting this upgrade. As it is refundable, I can always purchase a lower price ticket and then downgrade my wife’s (other) ticket Add the cost of $165 and a credit for the difference.

I can consider costs up to this ~2300, But that enthusiastic about going higher.

Anyone with any ideas for me? Anyone understand this upgrade process through United and the odds of me actually getting this by proceeding with a higher price ticket?

Thanks!

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Best way to get premium economy united ticket
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 09:18:57 PM »
I think most people applying for upgrades want J so you may actually clear into PE if you're not even asking to be waitlisted for J.  However I'm not 100% certain as I haven't tried it nor have I read enough data points to see if people will settle for PE if their J waitlist is unavailable.

Offline elya

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Best way to get premium economy united ticket
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 11:39:08 PM »
I think most people applying for upgrades want J so you may actually clear into PE if you're not even asking to be waitlisted for J.  However I'm not 100% certain as I haven't tried it nor have I read enough data points to see if people will settle for PE if their J waitlist is unavailable.
You don't have 2 options, when applying a GPU it automatically WL for both.