Author Topic: which credit card do i sign up for?  (Read 1544 times)

Offline bentch

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
which credit card do i sign up for?
« on: July 15, 2009, 01:57:40 PM »
as someone who has just turned 18 and looking to capitalize on all of the miles/rewards points/deals out there, which credit cards do you guys recommend signing up for? There are so many out there, that I don't even have a clue which ones will help me rack up the most.(i.e. amex starwood, chase continental, delta amex). Thanks in advance

Offline aaa

• Forum Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: which credit card do i sign up for?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 01:59:30 PM »
starwood is the best. Thing is, if you havent gotten a credit card before, then chances are you wont be able to get approved by amex.

Other than that, what airline do you fly most?

Offline bentch

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Re: which credit card do i sign up for?
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 02:17:02 PM »
so i've had a credit card before, but it was a joint account with my father.  It had my name on the card, but technically it was under his account.  The thing is, I fly Northwest/Delta the most (almost every time I go home from yeshiva), but its only about 500 miles one way from detroit to New york, so I haven't racked up that many miles.  I just flew RT to Israel on continental and took advantage of their double miles promotion that was posted on dansdeals.com a while ago, so I'm at around 23,000 which is more than I have over at NW/Delta.