Author Topic: Côte d'Azur (French Riviera)  (Read 144 times)

Offline cgr

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Côte d'Azur (French Riviera)
« on: September 11, 2019, 04:38:07 PM »
I’m not that good at writing, so I’ll keep it to bulleted points with ratings and short notes where applicable.

Background: Dan posted cheap flights to Paris in February 2018, so we grabbed some, even though the flights we booked were over 6 months in the future. I believe this is the only time I had flights booked more than a month in advance. We travelled in late August, and spent 4 days in Prague, 2 days in Nice and Monaco, and 4 days in Paris.

Flights:
•   PRG to NCE on CSA
  • This was a paid ticket
•   NCE to CDG on EasyJet
  • This was a paid ticket

Hotel:
•   Le Meridian Nice- 2/5
  • We paid cash for this hotel SPG gave us nothing for our status (Gold through Amex). We had a room with no view. This hotel was a major disappointment.

Method of Transport:
•   Walking
•   Uber
•   Public Transit
•   Private Tour

Food:
•   Lechem Chamaym
•   Le dauphin bleu
•   Le Kineret

Activities:
•   Hop on Hop Off Tour Nice- 3/5
•   Cannes- 3/5
  • We took a train (their trains are very easy to navigate) to Cannes. We mostly strolled along the beach and along some popular avenues.
•   Private Tour- 4/5
  • We booked a tour on GetYourGuide for $100/pp. It was a 9-hour tour starting at 2PM, which took us along the coast, through some small towns and villages, and then to Monaco/Monte Carlo. The drive along the coast and these small villages is breathtaking.
  • Parfumerie Fragonard, Eze- part of the package was a tour at this perfume and soap factory. The smells mostly gave me a headache…
  • We headed to Monaco in the late afternoon. You can read my trip report here.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 04:49:27 PM by cgr »
Check out photos of my trips here