Author Topic: Singapore  (Read 130 times)

Offline cgr

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Singapore
« on: September 11, 2019, 05:25:28 PM »
I’m not that good at writing, so I’ll keep it to bulleted points with ratings and short notes where applicable.

Background: This trip was based around cheap flights from MLE to DXB to JFK that Dan posted. We travelled in late August 2017, and spent 4 days in Singapore, 5 days in Maldives, and 3 days in UAE.

Flights:
•   JFK to SIN with a 1h50m layover in FRA with Singapore Airlines
  • Award Booking: 92k KrisFlyer Miles +66 SGD per ticket transferred from Chase UR and Amex MR.
  • Class: Business on the A380
  • Originally there was no reward availability, but I was able to book a waitlist ticket on. About two weeks later, when availability had not yet opened up, I called Singapore and asked them if they were able to open up more availability. The answer was no of course, but they promised to have a supervisor look into it. A day later I received an email that availability had opened up. Looks like they are able to release inventory upon request.
  • Flying business was a treat. We originally wanted to go for first, but there was absolutely no availability. I had flown business class with some Far Eastern carriers before, but Singapore takes the cake.
  • Our short stopover allowed us just enough time to get a quick shower at the lounge in FRA, before re-boarding.
•   SIN to MLE non-stop with SilkAir
  • Award Booking: 18.5k KrisFlyer Miles +68 SGD per ticket
  • Same story with award availability as above.

Hotel:
•   Fairmont Singapore- 4/5
  • The main draw to this hotel was the quick 10-minute walk to Chabad. They kept the food we need for the last leg of this trip frozen in the general hotel freezer with no issues.

Method of Transport:
•   Subway System
  • Extremely comfortable, efficient, and on time

Food:
•   Chabad- 3/5
•   Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf on Orchard Street- 3/5

Activities:
•   We purchased sightseeing pass which saved us some money
•   Orchard Street- 4/5
•   Singapore Flyer- 3/5
•   Hop On Hop Off Bus and Boat- 3/5
•   Garden’s by the Bay- 4/5