Author Topic: United Arab Emirates  (Read 1932 times)

Offline Proisrael

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
Re: United Arab Emirates
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2019, 01:41:27 AM »
Wow! that is one of the wildest things I've heard in a very long time. Not in any way bad just fascinating and not the p'sak either I'm just astounding that you wanted to and you pulled it off. (pics please) What were you wearing? Everyone knows you can spot a jew from miles away especially the ones that wear a baseball cap with their peyos bulging out, I get you weren't that obvious but still that is...wild!

Pretty sure every Jew I know who has passed through AUH has visited the Mosque there. There is absolutely no Halachik issues and they have no issues with Jews in the Emirates. I went through Qatar with a yarmulkle and had no issues whatsoever. Security gave me no issues with my Israeli visa/aliya sticker.

Offline moish

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2019, 11:01:35 AM »
Do they sell small biscuits? What form of gold is worth to buy? I suppose with rings one also pay a making charge. Not sure how it works there. What is negotiable when buying gold there?
The gold there looks more "yellow" than what you are probably accustomed to seeing. Not in a good way.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2019, 12:20:50 PM »
Wow! that is one of the wildest things I've heard in a very long time. Not in any way bad just fascinating and not the p'sak either I'm just astounding that you wanted to and you pulled it off. (pics please) What were you wearing? Everyone knows you can spot a jew from miles away especially the ones that wear a baseball cap with their peyos bulging out, I get you weren't that obvious but still that is...wild!
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/trip-notes/maldives-trip-notes-part-2-dubai-and-abu-dhabi/
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline cgr

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2019, 11:38:07 AM »
The gold there looks more "yellow" than what you are probably accustomed to seeing. Not in a good way.

I beg to differ. I like to think that the nicest piece of jewelry I own is from there.
Here's a pic I took in the Souk of one of the storefronts. Wild.
Check out photos of my trips here

Offline moish

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2019, 05:52:02 AM »
I beg to differ. I like to think that the nicest piece of jewelry I own is from there.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2019, 11:24:04 AM »
Made in a different shape those can be rebbishe ataras
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used to start a religious discussion.

Offline cgr

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2019, 09:41:05 PM »

• They kept our frozen pom meals in the general freezer and provided us with a microwave.

EDIT: I just reviewed some of my correspondence with the hotel, and apparently they originally refused to store our food. After requesting to get in touch with the hotel's general manager, they agreed to provide us with a chest freezer and microwave in our room (highly convenient, as we didn't have to rely on the hotel every time we wanted to eat). We did have to pay for the freezer, as it was rented by the hotel specifically for us. We paid about $55 for the duration of our stay. They only agreed to do this after we mentioned that we are strictly kosher. I have a feeling that the religious diet is what changed their mind, as they absolutely refused until I raised this point.
Check out photos of my trips here

Offline mgoldhammer18

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: American Airlines, Citi thank you, British Avios, Hilton, SPG, AMEX Platinum, Jetblue
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2019, 02:40:42 PM »
Wow, can't believe you actually went when Dan posted that!  I booked 2 separate trips.  One with my points buddies to go with all of our wives, but after we booked, they wanted to do a guys only trip and the wives weren't having any of it.  The other one I booked JIC the first one didn't work out, cannot remember why that one didn't work out in the end.  Good for you!