Author Topic: United Arab Emirates  (Read 10956 times)

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: United Arab Emirates
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2019, 11:24:04 AM »
I beg to differ. I like to think that the nicest piece of jewelry I own is from there.
Here's a pic I took in the Souk of one of the storefronts. Wild.
Made in a different shape those can be rebbishe ataras
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline cgr

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2019, 09:41:05 PM »

• They kept our frozen pom meals in the general freezer and provided us with a microwave.

EDIT: I just reviewed some of my correspondence with the hotel, and apparently they originally refused to store our food. After requesting to get in touch with the hotel's general manager, they agreed to provide us with a chest freezer and microwave in our room (highly convenient, as we didn't have to rely on the hotel every time we wanted to eat). We did have to pay for the freezer, as it was rented by the hotel specifically for us. We paid about $55 for the duration of our stay. They only agreed to do this after we mentioned that we are strictly kosher. I have a feeling that the religious diet is what changed their mind, as they absolutely refused until I raised this point.

Offline mgoldhammer18

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: American Airlines, Citi thank you, British Avios, Hilton, SPG, AMEX Platinum, Jetblue
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2019, 02:40:42 PM »
Wow, can't believe you actually went when Dan posted that!  I booked 2 separate trips.  One with my points buddies to go with all of our wives, but after we booked, they wanted to do a guys only trip and the wives weren't having any of it.  The other one I booked JIC the first one didn't work out, cannot remember why that one didn't work out in the end.  Good for you!