Author Topic: epic american airlines fail  (Read 1749 times)

Offline lakewood34

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 62
    • View Profile
epic american airlines fail
« on: September 25, 2019, 09:18:55 PM »
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-american-flight-that-wouldnt-take-off-11569403806?mod=hp_lead_pos10

basically passengers were stranded for 4 days in peru because american kept on cancelling their flights and refused to rebook them on other airlines ( except business class passengers)
this may go to what dan was saying once about american not having agreements with other airlines

Offline mileagejunkie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 607
    • View Profile
Re: epic american airlines fail
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 09:47:02 PM »
https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-american-flight-that-wouldnt-take-off-11569403806?mod=hp_lead_pos10

basically passengers were stranded for 4 days in peru because american kept on cancelling their flights and refused to rebook them on other airlines ( except business class passengers)
this may go to what dan was saying once about american not having agreements with other airlines
The article has a paywall, but last I heard American can rebook on United and Delta, just need to get a kind agent if you’re non-elite!

Offline gingyguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 10:08:44 PM »
AA doesntn have epic fails...... they are one
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Offline lakewood34

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 11:08:35 PM »
The article has a paywall, but last I heard American can rebook on United and Delta, just need to get a kind agent if you’re non-elite!
it says that passengers that called csr got rebooked on latham but then when they went to check in their reservation was back with aa.
the only way to get home was rebook yourself but aa refused to reimburse.They provided a refund on the peru to america flight but did not pay the cost of the new ticket.

Offline stooges44

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 08:09:55 AM »
What is the AA equivalent of "bonvoyed" ?

Here's the story that happened to someone I know:

This actually happened: my wife took a flight that landed because of a medical emergency. When she arrived, she missed her connecting flight, so they put her on the next flight and she checked a bag. When she went to check in for her return flight, American Airlines canceled her return ticket, claiming she did not get on the first flight. She argued that she did, but she had thrown out her ticket stub - but they have no record of her taking that flight. Her bag is apparently not a proof. Nine hours of phone calls and ten emails later - she has no proof she was on that flight, they are in denial, and they will not pay her back for her return flight ticket she had to buy.

You see, when American wants to believe something because it suits them (as the terrible bankrupt company they are), they will believe it, even if it doesn't make any sense. And that is Paroh. That's what hardening one's heart means.

Don't be Paroh. And don't fly American ever.
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2021, 10:00:48 AM »
What is the AA equivalent of "bonvoyed" ?

Here's the story that happened to someone I know:

This actually happened: my wife took a flight that landed because of a medical emergency. When she arrived, she missed her connecting flight, so they put her on the next flight and she checked a bag. When she went to check in for her return flight, American Airlines canceled her return ticket, claiming she did not get on the first flight. She argued that she did, but she had thrown out her ticket stub - but they have no record of her taking that flight. Her bag is apparently not a proof. Nine hours of phone calls and ten emails later - she has no proof she was on that flight, they are in denial, and they will not pay her back for her return flight ticket she had to buy.

You see, when American wants to believe something because it suits them (as the terrible bankrupt company they are), they will believe it, even if it doesn't make any sense. And that is Paroh. That's what hardening one's heart means.

Don't be Paroh. And don't fly American ever.

She was on an AA-operated flight and they don’t know about it, that’s a very worrisome proposition.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2021, 03:36:45 PM »
She was on an AA-operated flight and they don’t know about it, that’s a very worrisome proposition.
Mentioning the security concern can sometimes help get you connected to someone who may help. Sort of like when mentioning HIPPA to a hospital or insurer. "You can find this information about my visit? I am concerned that it is in someone else's file and a HIPPA violation"
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline yitzyul

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2021, 04:24:23 PM »
Flight to JFK was canceled due to "storm", yet every other airline was still flying and all the AA flights to LGA & EWR were still operating (flights full), (JFK flight scheduled 1.5 hours before also operating), interesting enough there was availability same time to CT (which had the exact same forecast as JFK), but can only put me in "coach" because was using an award ticket (was for Business class) even though there was availability.
("It is not the same destination, so in reality we are not allowed to "change" your ticket and did it as a courtesy, however it is only for coach", when showed them a picture of the monitor showing all flights still operating..."We dont want to be like delta, that just had a plane skid off the runaway a few days back")
(I had the last 2 seats on hold for the next AM, however agent claimed they cant book me on it because its full, and I have to release the hold first....which is risky because may not be available)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 04:29:11 PM by yitzyul »