Author Topic: Benefit changes to Barclays AAdvantage® Aviator® Red Mastercard  (Read 2872 times)

Offline mgarfin

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile

Your Benefits Are Changing

We’re making changes to the benefits you receive with your ® effective November 1, 2019.
Your Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver and Identity Theft benefits will be enhanced. For example, you will now have access to an online monitoring dashboard and resolution features that scour the internet and Dark Web for compromised credentials and financial account takeover.
Also, you will be eligible to receive Cellular Telephone Protection, which provides coverage for certain damage to or theft of your cell phone effective November 1, 2019.
Your Extended Warranty, Price Protection, Purchase Assurance, Satisfaction Guarantee and Concierge benefits will be removed; however, claims can be submitted for eligible purchases made through October 31, 2019.
Restrictions, limitations and exclusions apply. Please go to the Rewards and Benefits section of the website for specific information about benefits that are being removed and added. You can also refer to your Guide to Benefits effective 11/1/19 at www.AviatorMastercard.com, which includes a full explanation of your updated coverages and details regarding specific time limits, eligibility and documentation requirements

Offline yandmk

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
Re: Benefit changes to Barclays AAdvantage® Aviator® Red Mastercard
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 05:18:29 AM »
I got the same for Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard

Offline DoB

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 06:40:48 AM »
Similar but not identical email regarding my Arrival+. (Can they really change the benefits in the middle of the period for which I paid an annual fee?)

We’re making changes to the benefits you receive with your Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ Mastercard® effective November 1, 2019.
Your Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver and Identity Theft benefits will be enhanced. For example, you will now have access to an online monitoring dashboard and resolution features that scour the internet and Dark Web for compromised credentials and financial account takeover.
Also, you will be eligible to receive Cellular Telephone Protection, which provides coverage for certain damage to or theft of your cell phone effective November 1, 2019.
Your Extended Warranty, Price Protection, Purchase Assurance, Satisfaction Guarantee and Trip Delay benefits will be removed; however, claims can be submitted for eligible purchases made through October 31, 2019.
Restrictions, limitations and exclusions apply. Please go to the Rewards and Benefits section of the website for specific information about benefits that are being removed and added. You can also refer to your Guide to Benefits effective 11/1/19 at www.BarclaycardUS.com, which includes a full explanation of your updated coverages and details regarding specific time limits, eligibility and documentation requirements.

Offline mgarfin

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 07:34:52 AM »
Your Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver and Identity Theft benefits will be enhanced

What's being added to auto insurance?

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 08:25:33 AM »
Similar but not identical email regarding my Arrival+. (Can they really change the benefits in the middle of the period for which I paid an annual fee?)

We’re making changes to the benefits you receive with your Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ Mastercard® effective November 1, 2019.
Your Extended Warranty, Price Protection, Purchase Assurance, Satisfaction Guarantee and Trip Delay benefits will be removed; however, claims can be submitted for eligible purchases made through October 31, 2019.
Restrictions, limitations and exclusions apply. Please go to the Rewards and Benefits section of the website for specific information about benefits that are being removed and added. You can also refer to your Guide to Benefits effective 11/1/19 at www.BarclaycardUS.com, which includes a full explanation of your updated coverages and details regarding specific time limits, eligibility and documentation requirements.
Same for JetBlue Plus. What is Satisfaction Guarantee?

Offline moe8555

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2019, 09:38:03 AM »
They will not pro-rate the AF, which is absurd in my opinion.

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2019, 09:40:35 AM »
What is with all the CCs that they are removing nearly all the benefits? I get the price protection because that was abused, but the others?

Offline JudahMcB

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2019, 02:54:23 PM »
Does anyone know if the new cell phone insurance benefit covers phones on a prepaid plan? On the Cellular Telephone Protection FAQ page there is a clause:

What types of things are NOT covered?
This benefit will not provide reimbursement for the following: Cell phones that are lost or mysteriously disappear; which have been rented, borrowed or are part of prepaid plans;

What does "part of prepaid plans" mean? That the phone was purchased as part of a prepaid plan? What if I purchased my phones outright (direct from Apple) but they are now used with a prepaid carrier?

I tried calling MasterCard and Barclays and after several HUCAs the CSRs are still clueless. I also reached out to them via secure message and they were equally worthless.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2019, 03:01:41 PM »
I'd assume it means you must use it on postpaid service and pay your monthly postpaid bill with the card.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline JudahMcB

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2019, 03:10:28 PM »
I'd assume it means you must use it on postpaid service and pay your monthly postpaid bill with the card.

:( Why would they care if prepaid or postpaid?

More importantly, why would anyone still pay a premium for being with a postpaid carrier these days (unless they are grandfathered with a legacy non-limited unlimited plan or a great rate)?

Offline Muhammad

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2019, 09:19:46 PM »
Is it worth to downgrade this card? Do they offer PC?

Offline JudahMcB

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2019, 01:29:34 PM »
Does anyone know if the new cell phone insurance benefit covers phones on a prepaid plan? On the Cellular Telephone Protection FAQ page there is a clause:

What types of things are NOT covered?
This benefit will not provide reimbursement for the following: Cell phones that are lost or mysteriously disappear; which have been rented, borrowed or are part of prepaid plans;

What does "part of prepaid plans" mean? That the phone was purchased as part of a prepaid plan? What if I purchased my phones outright (direct from Apple) but they are now used with a prepaid carrier?

I tried calling MasterCard and Barclays and after several HUCAs the CSRs are still clueless. I also reached out to them via secure message and they were equally worthless.

Looks like the Benefits Guide has been updated and has been clarified to say:

What is NOT covered:
• Eligible Cellular Wireless Telephones which have been rented or leased from a person or company other than a cellular provider;
• Eligible Cellular Wireless Telephones which have been borrowed;
• Eligible Cellular Wireless Telephones that are received as part of a pre-paid plan;

So it looks like it doesn't matter if the phones are part of a prepaid plan as long as you didn't get the phones from the prepaid carrier.

Offline theyankel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2020, 10:08:36 AM »
Whether you’re spending on the essentials, the unexpected or simply something to look forward to, we think you should get the most out of every purchase you make.

That’s why we’re offering you a $20 statement credit for each month you spend $500 in purchases on your AAdvantage® Aviator® Mastercard® and make your payment on time.

So from July 1 through September 30, 2020, you can earn up to $60.

There’s no need to sign up. Simply use your AAdvantage® Aviator® Mastercard® and we’ll take care of the rest. And remember, these statement credits are in addition to the miles you already earn.

Offline justmeha

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2020, 10:47:58 AM »
Whether you’re spending on the essentials, the unexpected or simply something to look forward to, we think you should get the most out of every purchase you make.

That’s why we’re offering you a $20 statement credit for each month you spend $500 in purchases on your AAdvantage® Aviator® Mastercard® and make your payment on time.

So from July 1 through September 30, 2020, you can earn up to $60.

There’s no need to sign up. Simply use your AAdvantage® Aviator® Mastercard® and we’ll take care of the rest. And remember, these statement credits are in addition to the miles you already earn.
targeted?