Author Topic: Prime vs prime student  (Read 589 times)

Offline herb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Prime vs prime student
« on: October 17, 2019, 01:31:00 AM »
I couldn't find this anywhere else. Hope I'm posting in the right place. I have regular amazon prime now but am eligible to get prime student, do I loose out on any benefits by "downgrading"? Tia! 

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Re: Prime vs prime student
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 03:28:20 AM »
I couldn't find this anywhere else. Hope I'm posting in the right place. I have regular amazon prime now but am eligible to get prime student, do I loose out on any benefits by "downgrading"? Tia!
There are times where deals are only for student prime members which are not avlb for reg prime members, and haven't seen the opposite yet.

Student prime is half the price than the regular prime.

$0.99 for amazon Prime music per month vs regular prime which cost a few dollars.

Now for those who like having separate logins for each family member you won't be able to do that on a student account as the student account doesn't give free shipping to the added users, meaning you can't share the benefits, in order for a family member to use the account and enjoy the prime shipping benefits, they would need to share the same account and place all orders where everyone can see each other's orders, and share all passwords and login info and you'll get a text each time a new login happens to login.
 And try not to mix up the cc. Now I'm making it sound super complicated, but in fact it's really not, really easy as each person knows what to use and do when the order so nothing to worry, assuming they don't use your promotional credit or gc balance.

6 months free after signing up.

While amazon prime members get 20% on baby products, I seem to find amazon student gets such rates as well.

I'm sure there's some more reason why to choose one over the other, but can't think of any more off the tip of my head.
 If you asked me I would tell you to switch and save yourself some bucks, unless you share the amazon account.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline herb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Prime vs prime student
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 12:33:59 PM »
There are times where deals are only for student prime members which are not avlb for reg prime members, and haven't seen the opposite yet.

Student prime is half the price than the regular prime.

$0.99 for amazon Prime music per month vs regular prime which cost a few dollars.

Now for those who like having separate logins for each family member you won't be able to do that on a student account as the student account doesn't give free shipping to the added users, meaning you can't share the benefits, in order for a family member to use the account and enjoy the prime shipping benefits, they would need to share the same account and place all orders where everyone can see each other's orders, and share all passwords and login info and you'll get a text each time a new login happens to login.
 And try not to mix up the cc. Now I'm making it sound super complicated, but in fact it's really not, really easy as each person knows what to use and do when the order so nothing to worry, assuming they don't use your promotional credit or gc balance.

6 months free after signing up.

While amazon prime members get 20% on baby products, I seem to find amazon student gets such rates as well.

I'm sure there's some more reason why to choose one over the other, but can't think of any more off the tip of my head.
 If you asked me I would tell you to switch and save yourself some bucks, unless you share the amazon account.
thanks