Author Topic: Free Amazon returns is not Free  (Read 10901 times)

Offline ltttc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Free Amazon returns is not Free
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2021, 09:12:03 PM »
How do you contact a seller re: an order? I tried clicking on the seller's name on the item page but it just takes me to the generic amazon help page where I can make a return or track a shipment etc
At first it looks like the reg help chat.

click on the item you need help with
click on "other"
type your issue in the box
Amazon will then forward your message to the seller and the seller will respond to you within 48 hours

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2021, 09:26:25 PM »
At first it looks like the reg help chat.

click on the item you need help with
click on "other"
type your issue in the box
Amazon will then forward your message to the seller and the seller will respond to you within 48 hours
Sounds good. This is re: an item that came broken and I thought I'd give the seller a chance to 'fix' it before doing a regular return. Is the regular chat the way to go?
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline nucheiner

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2021, 10:53:50 PM »
A bit off topic; when making a return DO NOT return multiple items together aka “add an item to this return “. I had unrecognized amazon charges on my card and the cs rep told me that they were backcharges for returned items that were not received. I explained that they in fact were returned with multiple items and he immediately refunded me.

Honestly when I set up the return to avoid the OPs issue and get a UPS label instead of going to Kohls, the CSR advised me to take a pic of the items packed for return. Id guess more than 3 items can run this issue.

Offline Yo ssi

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2021, 11:19:51 PM »
A bit off topic; when making a return DO NOT return multiple items together aka “add an item to this return “. I had unrecognized amazon charges on my card and the cs rep told me that they were backcharges for returned items that were not received. I explained that they in fact were returned with multiple items and he immediately refunded me.

Honestly when I set up the return to avoid the OPs issue and get a UPS label instead of going to Kohls, the CSR advised me to take a pic of the items packed for return. Id guess more than 3 items can run this issue.
Interesting, I recently did a multiple item return, and being that one item had an inaccurate description, it allowed me print labels for all the items, and got refunded on all of them after ups scanned them.

Why would you get a back charge for items you paid for and weren't returned?
_    ,
' )  /
 /  / __   _   _   o
(__/_(_)  /_)_/_)_<_
 //
(/

Offline yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2021, 11:40:02 PM »

In general Amazon always is out to screw you. I never return items together because Amazon can’t receive returns normally. I print a label for each item because I don’t have the time to watch out for every chargeback or the patience to contact customer service to get my $14.73 back.
Visibly Jewish

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2021, 06:37:42 AM »
Why would you get a back charge for items you paid for and weren't returned?

New sheisty thing Amazon does, they refund you as soon as the return label is scanned by UPS, then if they don’t get it or don’t like it they reserve the right to charge you again.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Boss

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2021, 05:07:25 PM »
I had another issue, I returned in December a few items and combined them all in one box but Amazon has still not refunded the money for the extra items as obviously they still hadn't opened the box (Never had this issue prior to Covid as Amazon would eventually adjust it themselves in a few days/weeks once they open the box).

Offline Boss

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2021, 05:08:54 PM »
New sheisty thing Amazon does, they refund you as soon as the return label is scanned by UPS, then if they don’t get it or don’t like it they reserve the right to charge you again.
A couple of months ago, I was charged by Amazon for a return which was lost by USPS after shipping. A quick Amazon Chat resolved the issue