Author Topic: Free Amazon returns is not Free  (Read 10798 times)

Offline lcm

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Free Amazon returns is not Free
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2021, 12:06:12 AM »
I know that, but Amazon doesn't need to make it intentionally hard for those that have labels, or extremely oversized for ones that don't. The label takes up like 70% of a paper.
Used to be a lot worse even for sellers that had label printers.
From the sellers and, there used to not be an option to set up to print to a label printer

Offline MeirS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2021, 08:25:02 AM »
This is really a matter of perspective I think. For those who live OOT and get into a car every time they leave their house. They're like, "What's the big deal? Take it to UPS or Kohl's for free shipping". For those of us who love in the city, the last time I was near a UPS store or Kohl's was many months/years ago. I wouldn't call that free shipping.

Online yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2021, 08:37:02 AM »
This is really a matter of perspective I think. For those who live OOT and get into a car every time they leave their house. They're like, "What's the big deal? Take it to UPS or Kohl's for free shipping". For those of us who love in the city, the last time I was near a UPS store or Kohl's was many months/years ago. I wouldn't call that free shipping.
+1 I always used to take it to ups store anyway, now it's easier. I don't have to box and label it

Online etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2021, 08:38:11 AM »
It also depends if you have a convenient place to leave UPS packages to be picked up (I do)
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline lubaby

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2021, 08:41:41 AM »
The actual label part of the paper can get folded and put into a regular UPS shipping label holder.
If there’s a return barcode and it’s not on the same page as the label, it’s usually aligned / can often be printed on the back of the label paper without wasting another sheet.

Offline MeirS

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2021, 08:51:56 AM »
It also depends if you have a convenient place to leave UPS packages to be picked up (I do)
I live a 60 second walk from a UPS drop off point. Getting to a UPS store would probably involve obtaining a car and a 20 minute trip.

Online yuneeq

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2021, 10:35:36 AM »

It’s not called free shipping, it’s called free return to store. Also it’s not fun when you have something heavy like a printer, or if you have to wait on a slow line, or if you bought something sensitive online that you’d rather not hold in front of everyone.
Visibly Jewish

Offline 4yourinfo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2021, 11:18:03 AM »
It’s not called free shipping, it’s called free return to store. Also it’s not fun when you have something heavy like a printer, or if you have to wait on a slow line, or if you bought something sensitive online that you’d rather not hold in front of everyone.
100 Percent I've complained about this a while back on the Amazon thread - according to Amazon, Walmart or any store for that matter can advertise free returns - and tell you bring it to the store! Amazon is fooling and tricking their Millions of customers. Time to complain to the FTC for this sly trick...

Offline MeirS

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2021, 11:30:55 AM »
This is really a matter of perspective I think. For those who live OOT and get into a car every time they leave their house. They're like, "What's the big deal? Take it to UPS or Kohl's for free *return* shipping". For those of us who live in the city, the last time I was near a UPS store or Kohl's was many months/years ago. I wouldn't call that free *return* shipping.

FTFM

It’s not called free shipping, it’s called free return to store.

Offline Boss

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2021, 11:37:28 AM »
Btw, the Heimishe UPS drop-off locations in Brooklyn charge the customer $1 per box acceptance. Wounder if that is even legal :(

Online Essen est zich

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 31
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Nichoach Vol 2
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2021, 12:04:35 PM »
Btw, the Heimishe UPS drop-off locations in Brooklyn charge the customer $1 per box acceptance. Wounder if that is even legal :(
In CH, UPS and FedEx are free and USPS is $1 a box.
Shloffen Shloft Zich

Offline mushkovits

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2021, 12:07:10 PM »
I guess Talk ABout Shipping on 15 and 44 ain't heimish..

Offline Boss

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2021, 03:18:16 PM »
On a side note, I received today an email from Amazon of a new order which I didn't place. After looking into what it's from, I realized that Amazon cancelled my Subscribe and save order from a month ago which is supposed to be delivered in two weeks and Amazon placed a new order for the same item but for 3X the original price. Amazon gave me credit after a quick chat. VERY SLY OF AMAZON

Offline joe1234

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2021, 04:44:07 PM »
On a side note, I received today an email from Amazon of a new order which I didn't place. After looking into what it's from, I realized that Amazon cancelled my Subscribe and save order from a month ago which is supposed to be delivered in two weeks and Amazon placed a new order for the same item but for 3X the original price. Amazon gave me credit after a quick chat. VERY SLY OF AMAZON
Same thing happened to me, except they emailed me that if I’m not happy they wold let me keep it and issue a refund... which I did... did they maybe email you also?

Offline Mf1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2021, 04:46:56 PM »
Perhaps @Dan it's time for a ddms master thread of all the things to keep track of when buying/returning/receiving compensation from Amazon.

Offline dovy2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2021, 07:01:03 PM »
 Any item that says free returns, when returning I select inaccurate website description, which gives you all the options for free.
I don't think that this is unethical, for them writing "free returns" and then charging, is in my opinion an inaccurate description.

Offline joe1234

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2021, 07:31:54 PM »
Any item that says free returns, when returning I select inaccurate website description, which gives you all the options for free.
I don't think that this is unethical, for them writing "free returns" and then charging, is in my opinion an inaccurate description.
+1

Online yitzgar

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2021, 10:41:05 PM »
Since when does free returns mean that any option available for specific issues should be available for free for a standard return? All they have to do is give you a way to return it for free for it to be accurate

Offline mushkovits

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2021, 11:46:33 PM »
Since when does free returns mean that any option available for specific issues should be available for free for a standard return? All they have to do is give you a way to return it for free for it to be accurate
Free returns means free returns no exceptions.
Especially if that’s what it meant until now. If they want to change the terms they should be open about it.

Offline MarsTorah

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2021, 11:55:29 PM »
+1
If I am buying this item and want to know I can return it,
Then their description doesn't say that I need to drive to Kohl's.
They have every right to make it under those conditions, but then they should state it.