Author Topic: yeshiva bochurs income  (Read 1329 times)

Offline yisr

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
yeshiva bochurs income
« on: October 24, 2019, 09:52:26 AM »
I would like to open a chase or amex card. Currently, I have a Discover student that I got about 2 yrs ago, and a Bank of America card that I got about 6 months ago. BBBut ;) one second, I don't have an income because I'm in Yeshiva. And if I try the method of using my parents income I might get into trouble like when I originally applied for the Discover card they told me they couldn't verify my income( I originally wrote my income is 20k, but when they didn't accept me, I switched it to $2,000 and they accepted me). On my bank of america appplication I wrote 15k income and they accepted me, what should I write this time? Also any ideas in how to use 3/4k within 3 months if I'm in Israel and it's hard to payn such bills as a Bachur?

Offline df123

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Re: yeshiva bochurs income
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 01:38:50 PM »
I would like to open a chase or amex card. Currently, I have a Discover student that I got about 2 yrs ago, and a Bank of America card that I got about 6 months ago. BBBut ;) one second, I don't have an income because I'm in Yeshiva. And if I try the method of using my parents income I might get into trouble like when I originally applied for the Discover card they told me they couldn't verify my income( I originally wrote my income is 20k, but when they didn't accept me, I switched it to $2,000 and they accepted me). On my bank of america appplication I wrote 15k income and they accepted me, what should I write this time? Also any ideas in how to use 3/4k within 3 months if I'm in Israel and it's hard to payn such bills as a Bachur?

What ended up happening? Did you apply for a chase or Amex card? What did you do about the income? Thanks in advance.

Offline Yaakov7

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2023, 03:38:28 PM »
What ended up happening? Did you apply for a chase or Amex card? What did you do about the income? Thanks in advance.
If you’re 21 or older you could add in household income. You could also add in “allowance money”. When I applied for a chase card a couple of years ago I did it in branch and the guy said I could add tuition money so I put an extra 15-20k on my income
כל מקום שאני הולך, אני הולך לארץ ישראל

Offline lcm

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2023, 11:21:08 PM »
The general way I believe it's been said around, including ddms is "household income", take that how you want.
Practically, it means what you have access to, I believe that's what I've heard from the banks