Topic Wiki

PreCheck is great, but CLEAR is amazing.

Once upon a time, PreCheck lines were always short, but that’s no longer a guarantee. With PreCheck these days you may be able to walk right up to security or you may need to wait 20 minutes.

CLEAR allows you to skip to the front of the line. If you have PreCheck you can skip to the front of the PreCheck line and if you don’t have PreCheck you can skip to the front of the regular line.

You don’t need to take out your ID either, your fingerprint or eye act as your ID.

The dependability that skipping the line gives you is simply amazing. It means I can leave my house 55 minutes before a flight and know that I won’t miss my flight out of CLE. When I’m with my family I’ll leave plenty of time and enjoy the airport lounge, but if I’m solo, the less wasted time in the airport is always a win.

CLEAR also works for sports stadiums which is a nice bonus on top of skipping the lines at the airport.

A full list of CLEAR locations can be found here. www.clearme.com/where-we-are

More locations are being added thanks to CLEAR’s new partnership with United. Locations will soon be added in United hubs like Chicago, Houston, and Newark.

In NYC that means you will be able to use CLEAR at LaGuardia, JFK, Newark, Westchester County, Citi Field, Yankee Stadium, and Madison Square Garden.

You can signup for CLEAR here and get a code for 2 months free. https://fave.co/32XZZSX

Normal pricing for CLEAR is $179/year, but if you link your Delta or United mileage number you will pay $119/year.
www.clearme.com/partner/delta
www.clearme.com/partner/united

The Amex Green card offers a $100 annual statement credit for CLEAR, which is great. That lowers the cost of membership from $119-$109 to just $19-$9/year depending on the United/delta card you have. $9/year for Delta or United cardholders/elites or from $19/year for non-cardholders or non-elite members.

Delta Diamond/360 and United 1K/Global Services elites get CLEAR for free!

A CLEAR member can add up to 3 adult family members for just $50 each.

Kids under 18 can go with their parents for free without a membership or biometrics required.

CLEAR isn’t cheap, but if it helps you make a flight that you would otherwise miss due to a long line then it will be worth its weight in gold.
« Last edited by Joel on October 25, 2019, 01:10:40 PM »

Author Topic: $100 CLEAR credit  (Read 70952 times)

Offline bw1985

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
$100 CLEAR credit
« on: October 24, 2019, 04:47:18 PM »
3x $100 CLEAR credits toward membership

$50/ea

Offline qwerty123

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: $100 CLEAR credit
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 05:10:12 PM »
2 100 dollar clear credits 50$ each

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 76
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 05:39:16 PM »
Selling $100 Credit @ $50

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 05:41:44 PM »
Anyone want to test to see if AUs get credit?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Joel

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC, Enterprise Platinum, Avis PC
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 05:56:37 PM »
$100 CLEAR Credit: You can earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year when you use your American Express Green Card to pay for your CLEAR membership. Card Members who established a CLEAR membership using another payment method and who would like to take advantage of the $100 Statement Credit for CLEAR must contact CLEAR customer service to change the payment method on their CLEAR membership to an eligible Card.

CLEAR memberships automatically renew each year unless canceled. This means that CLEAR will collect the then-applicable membership fee by charging a credit card CLEAR has on record for you without notifying you, unless notification is required by applicable law.

American Express has no control over the application and/or approval process for CLEAR, and does not have access to any information provided to CLEAR by the Card Member or by CLEAR to the Card Member. American Express has no liability regarding the CLEAR program.

Membership for CLEAR is per person, and a separate application must be completed for each individual. If a Card Member's application is not approved by CLEAR, CLEAR will refund the charges. If the statement credit benefit has been applied before CLEAR refunds the charges, that statement credit will be reversed.

For additional information on the CLEAR program, including information regarding the application and/or approval process and for a list of participating airports and stadiums, as well as the full terms and conditions of the programs, please go to www.clearme.com. The CLEAR program is subject to change, and American Express has no control over those changes.

Purchases for the offer can be made by the Basic Card Member and any Additional Card Members on a single Card Account. Additional Card Members on your Account are not eligible for their own offers. Please allow up to 2-4 weeks after a qualifying transaction is charged to the eligible Card Account for the statement credit to be posted to the Card Account. If you do not see a credit for a qualifying purchase on your eligible Card after 4 weeks, please call the number on the back of your Card. Card Members remain responsible for timely payment of all charges. To be eligible for this benefit, your Card Account must not be cancelled or past due at the time of statement credit fulfilment.

If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as eligible, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not be eligible if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it.

If a charge for an eligible purchase is included in a Pay Over Time feature balance on your Card Account, the statement credit associated with that charge may not be applied to that Pay Over Time feature balance. Instead, the statement credit may be applied to your Pay In Full balance.

For additional information, call the number on the back of your Card.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 07:00:01 PM »
And once again the gold card is chopped liver.
 So $250 for what? Where's the GE? Nexus? Clear?... Lounges? Travel and return protection...Boy do they know how to kill a card.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2019, 07:17:58 PM »
 So $250 for what? Where's the GE? Nexus? Clear?... Lounges? Travel and return protection...Boy do they know how to kill a card.
Agreed, I basically use the gold cards for supermarkets, not really worth it for the $250 since gift cards stopped working for airlines, and I have 2 platinums that I had open for over 7 years that ill be closing too. The Amex offers are not what they used to be too.
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Offline ari3

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2019, 08:48:14 PM »
Agreed, I basically use the gold cards for supermarkets, not really worth it for the $250 since gift cards stopped working for airlines, and I have 2 platinums that I had open for over 7 years that ill be closing too. The Amex offers are not what they used to be too.
My grocery bill is 2k-3k a month so for me it is worth it but for most people I can see how there isn't much to keep it for. I also was able to use the $100 credit the last two years without gift cards but I don't know what will be next year. Also the grubhub credit is almost totally useless (at least for me) with the bogus fees they always tack on.

Offline CodeAdam10

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2019, 11:06:38 PM »

AmEx intensified the meaning of 'ymmv' for sure.

For me the Gold card is a 'wash' so I keep it around. I utilize the hard-to-use $100 airline credit, $120 dining credit. Let's 'value' them @ 2/3 so worth roughly $150-ish. The remaining $100 is tolerable due to AmEx offers (one usually ends up getting a real catch or two throughout the year i.e. AT&T) plus high grocery and dining bills every month ... lol. And lastly, hopeful for a 'retention offer' every other year.

But yeah ... as with most things AmEx now, it's tough to justify it if it isn't a card that is being utilized as a daily driver.

Offline pizza0496

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2019, 12:36:06 AM »
I'll happily sell my CLEAR credit via the Amex Green Card for $45. I'll provide card details once payment is sent, either via PayPal, Vemno, or Crypto.

Offline Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2019, 12:53:21 AM »
I'll happily sell my CLEAR credit via the Amex Green Card for $45. I'll provide card details once payment is sent, either via PayPal, Vemno, or Crypto.
Me: Why go lower then others?
Him: So ppl will buy from me
Me: I can also go lower and low bid your offer;)

Offline ludmila

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond,Marriott Platinum,SPG Platinum.
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2019, 01:03:21 AM »
Me: Why go lower then others?
Him: So ppl will buy from me
Me: I can also go lower and low bid your offer;)
So you are @ $40 now?  :)
I was the Best,still the Best, and will always be the Best.
Pele Good,Maradona Better, George Best.

Online oldguy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2019, 01:28:17 AM »
Clear Membership for sale for $45 each OBO.
(BTW why is this more expensive than the GE credit?)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 01:49:18 AM by oldguy »

Offline Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2019, 01:38:57 AM »

Offline Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2019, 01:46:13 AM »
Clear Membership for sale for $45 each.
(BTW why is this more expensive than the GE credit?)
GE credit you can currently get from 10+  cards
Supply and demand my friend.

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2019, 10:13:15 AM »
GE credit you can currently get from 10+  cards
Supply and demand my friend.

And how much demand is there relative to GE?

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2019, 10:21:13 AM »

+1, GE also includes Pre-Check, and both those products have uses at many many more locations that Clear. Not to mention that GE/ Pre-Check lasts for 4 or 5 years (I forget), while Clear is an annual fee. guess we will see where the market levels out.

Offline Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2019, 10:32:32 AM »
Clear  = 1 CC
GE     = 10+ CC

90% more demand for the clear.

Offline Agoldsc1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2019, 10:34:53 AM »
Clear  = 1 CC
GE     = 10+ CC

90% more demand for the clear.

That's the supply.

Offline Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2019, 10:41:13 AM »