Author Topic: Qantas 20% bonus for transfers from Amex  (Read 14961 times)

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
Re: Qantas 20% bonus for transfers from Amex
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2019, 07:52:35 PM »
Nothing will post until after the targeted transfer bonus period is over. There is no way to know if it will stack until after.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2019, 07:34:53 PM »
Nothing will post until after the targeted transfer bonus period is over. There is no way to know if it will stack until after.

Last time it posted within the transfer bonus period. The transfer bonus period has nothing to do with it.

I think it's safe to assume that this time there is only the bonus originating from Amex. Qantas is not adding another 20% on top of that.

My theory is that last time they were a new Amex transfer partner and were unaware at first that the bonus was given by Amex already so they did it in their end too. And then even after they did find out they just gave it to everyone to avoid a customer service fiasco. This time they already know the points are being transferred with 20% already added so they're not adding anything else on top of that which is totally in their right.

Offline yosefsv

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2019, 07:46:49 PM »
Last time it posted within the transfer bonus period. The transfer bonus period has nothing to do with it.

I think it's safe to assume that this time there is only the bonus originating from Amex. Qantas is not adding another 20% on top of that.

My theory is that last time they were a new Amex transfer partner and were unaware at first that the bonus was given by Amex already so they did it in their end too. And then even after they did find out they just gave it to everyone to avoid a customer service fiasco. This time they already know the points are being transferred with 20% already added so they're not adding anything else on top of that which is totally in their right.
+1
I Thought the exact same point
If it benefits even just one fellow DDFer, its worth posting it.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2019, 07:51:43 PM »
There is a targeted 15-25% bonus going on now for any transfers within the bonus transfer period.  So Citi Marriott Capital One transfers all get bonuses depending on <>500k. Thisbis not the same as what happened in June. The only question here is will we get on top of Amex 20% and I believe the answer is yes...after the bonus period is over. Prove me wrong...
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline zagguru

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2019, 07:53:25 PM »
How come no one new is getting targeted this time. So bummed out

Offline wakimike

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: American Express Centurion Member, Marriott Titanium Elite Member, United 1K, Delta Diamond Medallion, Hertz Platinum,
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2019, 08:02:13 PM »
It was very specific targeting this time. I have 5 accounts all transferred into previously and only 1 was targeted

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2019, 11:12:30 AM »
There is a targeted 15-25% bonus going on now for any transfers within the bonus transfer period.  So Citi Marriott Capital One transfers all get bonuses depending on <>500k. Thisbis not the same as what happened in June. The only question here is will we get on top of Amex 20% and I believe the answer is yes...after the bonus period is over. Prove me wrong...

This thread as stated in the title is specifically about 20% bonus for transfers from AMEX. Which is the exact same as in June when Amex gave 20% and then Qantas added ANOTHER 20% on top of that within a few days.

Citi, Marriott, Capital One transfers may and most likely will get their transfer bonuses but that's irrelevant here. Amex transfers will get the 20% from Amex end, but will not get another 20% added by Qantas as happened in June.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2019, 11:14:30 AM »
Ummm...I started the thread... :-X

Were you targeted for the additional transfer bonus? It did not limit it to all transfers accept American Express unless you have evidence of what you're saying I stand behind what I wrote

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2019, 04:38:34 PM »
Ummm...I started the thread... :-X

Were you targeted for the additional transfer bonus? It did not limit it to all transfers except American Express unless you have evidence of what you're saying I stand behind what I wrote

Sorry about that. Didn't mean it to come across that way. I was just following the train of thought with Amex in particular.  People are confusing what happened last time with the public 20% Amex offer and what you are referring to which is the 15% or 25% bonus for transfers from anywhere.

So just to clarify I was referring to the fact that specifically for the 20% from Amex, this time Qantas doesn't seem like they will be adding another 20% (like they did last time).

As for the 15% or 25% targeted email offer which they said will be added after 11/30, yes, I agree that it should apply to Amex transfers too.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2019, 04:43:35 PM »
Sorry about that. Didn't mean it to come across that way. I was just following the train of thought with Amex in particular.  People are confusing what happened last time with the public 20% Amex offer and what you are referring to which is the 15% or 25% bonus for transfers from anywhere.

So just to clarify I was referring to the fact that specifically for the 20% from Amex, this time Qantas doesn't seem like they will be adding another 20% (like they did last time).

As for the 15% or 25% targeted email offer which they said will be added after 11/30, yes, I agree that it should apply to Amex transfers too.
+1

Offline db23

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: hilton diamond,bonvoy gold, hertz president circle
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2019, 10:27:23 AM »

i got 20% email this time. so is safe to believe that if transfer now ill get the 20% from amex plus the bonus of 20% from qantas later on?

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2019, 10:30:12 AM »
i got 20% email this time. so is safe to believe that if transfer now ill get the 20% from amex plus the bonus of 20% from qantas later on?
Everyone got the 20% transfer from Amex email from Qantas. Did you get a separate email from Qantas that offered you 20% for total transfers over 500k from anywhere? 

Offline db23

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: hilton diamond,bonvoy gold, hertz president circle
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2019, 02:36:13 PM »
yea just double checked, thought i did, but it was the amex 20% off. oh well.

Offline iluv2travel

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2019, 11:40:31 PM »
Everyone got the 20% transfer from Amex email from Qantas. Did you get a separate email from Qantas that offered you 20% for total transfers over 500k from anywhere?

Targeted email offer was 25% over 500k (15% for less)

Offline wakimike

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: American Express Centurion Member, Marriott Titanium Elite Member, United 1K, Delta Diamond Medallion, Hertz Platinum,
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2019, 01:23:18 PM »
I can confirm that the bonus did stack! I just got the bonus points today!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2019, 01:28:37 PM »
I can confirm that the bonus did stack! I just got the bonus points today!
Nice! Screenshot?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline wakimike

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2019, 01:30:06 PM »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2019, 01:30:38 PM »

What was the total original transfer and what was each bonus?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline wakimike

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2019, 01:34:25 PM »
It was actually different from last time which gave each transfer a separate bonus. This time it consolidated the transfers. I made two transfers. One was for 604,800 and one was for 210,00. Total of 814,800.

Offline hvaces42

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2019, 01:35:28 PM »
Transferred 500 MR got 600+90 so 15% on top of the 20% Amex bonus