Author Topic: Dual SIM Phones? Use for traveling? Good for work?  (Read 1048 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
Dual SIM Phones? Use for traveling? Good for work?
« on: November 08, 2019, 04:57:16 AM »
Never really paid attention to them, until now.
 Accidentally purchased an S9 which is dual SIM, pretty cool I must say, only downside was you can't have both sims in and an SD card, so you would need a phone with a bigger internal memory.
   But after a quick Google search I found this site, I'm sure I can find this adapter for cheaper, but wow what a great concept.
  You can have both sims and an SD card all at once.
 At first when I got the phone I'm like what a rip off they try selling you a dual SIM phone and they stick only a one tray sim card, in fact the standard SIM tray works for dual SIMs.

Have never tried yet to use such a phone in a country like Israel or Europe, anyone ever try? Meaning using Golan and then my TMobile service that way I don't need a 2nd phone to randomly check to see if I got a new text message, and to use to verify every time I need to log into a site, while everything else from making phone calls and receiving calls I can set up with GV to use my regular American number for incoming and outgoing.
 I'm sure they is a way to set up texts as well, just not familiar.

But boy am I amazed at such a piece.
https://www.simore.com/en/dual-sim-and-micro-sd-card-simultaneously-hybrid-dualsim-slot-x-extender-2.html

And the video is linked there or

Of course if someone here has used it in the past and has some good news about this technology please fill me in, wouldn't mind using it on my trip to the holy Land be"h In the coming weeks.

So after looking on Amazon and eBay seems these are quite a common piece and sells for as low as a $1.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 05:04:52 AM by myi »
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline zee

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Dual SIM Phones? Use for traveling? Good for work?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 08:32:11 PM »
Any update on this?

I’d like to keep my TMobile number and use it’s phone and text ability in Israel, while also using Golan.
Would that work on an iPhone 11 Pro dual sim, and if yes, between TMobile and Golan which would be able to connect as just the e-sim and which gets the real SIM card?
Any suggestions?

Offline Alexsei

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 10:28:09 PM »
Any update on this?

I’d like to keep my TMobile number and use it’s phone and text ability in Israel, while also using Golan.
Would that work on an iPhone 11 Pro dual sim, and if yes, between TMobile and Golan which would be able to connect as just the e-sim and which gets the real SIM card?
Any suggestions?
T-Mobile has esim.
Not sure about Golan
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Offline TheDroid

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 11:32:37 PM »
Any update on this?

Any suggestions?

You need iOS 13.
Both eSIM and SIM can be simultaneously on to make and receive calls and SMS.
You can only choose 1 line to connect to data. (both can't be on simultaneously)
Warning iMessage uses DATA not text.

So in your case get your TMO as eSIM and Golan as physical SIM.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 02:54:38 AM »
Any update on this?

Any suggestions?
Simple solution for you use T-Mobile digits app.
 Or Google voice.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501