Author Topic: Hilton Timeshare Orlando  (Read 6390 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Hilton Timeshare Orlando
« on: November 08, 2019, 02:27:39 PM »
Always wanted to try out one of these offers.

Hilton called me in July for a timeshare solicitation and I kept on saying that I had to talk it over with my wife.  Eventually he offered enough for me to just book on the spot. Took about 20 minutes as he had to keep returning to his manager to get approval for more concessions.

Original offer:
-3 nights for $199

Bonuses for booking on the spot, added one at a time until I agreed:
-Confirmed upgrade to 1BR suite
-$199 cash rebate after presentation
-20K Hilton points or $200 Hilton credit valid for 6 months after presentation.
-Ability to book the room through 12/31/21.

Then a month later I got a charge on my card. Apparently they neglected to mention there was a fee if you don't reserve something within 30 days. I told them I was never told that and they refunded the fee.

I called to book a couple months ago and they offered the Park Soleli Orlando said the max occupancy for the 1BR is 4 people. I mentioned that we are 5 and the agent said that was OK and booked us in a 1BR Penthouse Suite.

I just logged onto the site yesterday and saw they had booked it for 4 people. Normally I wouldn't sweat that, but I figured I'd push for a 2BR, that officially holds 6. I called and said that we're 5 and it's booked for 4 and the agent started ranting how I just admitted that on a recorded line and now I'd have to upgrade to the 2BR for $100/night.

I said I'll just take a refund and the agent came back with a $75/night offer. I said I'll just take a refund and the agent came back with a $50/night offer and $150 towards Disney tickets as a final offer and that my booking was non-refundable.

I asked to speak with a manager about a refund and was told I'd have to wait for a callback and that I was just crazy to pass up on the offer as it was the best she had ever seen.

An agent called me back now and said the best they can do to a 2BR Penthouse Suite would be $25/night, plus $150 towards Disney tickets.

Sold.

-3 nights for $199
-Confirmed upgrade to 1BR Penthouse suite
-Upgrade to 2BR Penthouse suite for $75
-$150 theme park credit

Seems good to me. Anyone done better with Hilton?

« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 02:46:11 PM by Dan »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
Re: Hilton Timeshare Orlando
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 02:42:24 PM »
Never even had an offer, do they Just call you randomly?
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline davidrotts63

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 03:00:54 PM »

Hilton called me in July for a timeshare solicitation and I kept on saying that I had to talk it over with my wife.  Eventually he offered enough for me to just book on the spot. Took about 20 minutes as he had to keep returning to his manager to get approval for more concessions.

Original offer:
-3 nights for $199

Then a month later I got a charge on my card. Apparently they neglected to mention there was a fee if you don't reserve something within 30 days. I told them I was never told that and they refunded the fee.

I called to book a couple months ago and they offered the Park Soleli Orlando said the max occupancy for the 1BR is 4 people. I mentioned that we are 5 and the agent said that was OK and booked us in a 1BR Penthouse Suite.

I just logged onto the site yesterday and saw they had booked it for 4 people. Normally I wouldn't sweat that, but I figured I'd push for a 2BR, that officially holds 6. I called and said that we're 5 and it's booked for 4 and the agent started ranting how I just admitted that on a recorded line and now I'd have to upgrade to the 2BR for $100/night.

I said I'll just take a refund and the agent came back with a $75/night offer. I said I'll just take a refund and the agent came back with a $50/night offer and $150 towards Disney tickets as a final offer and that my booking was non-refundable.

I asked to speak with a manager about a refund and was told I'd have to wait for a callback and that I was just crazy to pass up on the offer as it was the best she had ever seen.

An agent called me back now and said the best they can do to a 2BR Penthouse Suite would be $25/night, plus $150 towards Disney tickets.

Sold.

-3 nights for $199
-$150 theme park credit

I had simular (maybe even more) without the upgrade, posted a bit here, didn't do it.
Was offered after booking something OTP.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 03:04:26 PM »
I had simular (maybe even more) without the upgrade, posted a bit here, didn't do it.
Was offered after booking something OTP.
No upgrade, $199 rebate, or theme park credit.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline davidrotts63

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 03:06:00 PM »
No upgrade, $199 rebate, or theme park credit.
Was offered the rebate, and activity credits for the NYC offer, no upgrade tho. I just posted the initial offer.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline Cholentfresser

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 03:17:31 PM »
How does the timeshare solicitation work? They make you sit through a presentation and convince you to buy a timeshare?
In order to understand recursion, you first need to understand recursion.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2019, 03:20:59 PM »
How does the timeshare solicitation work? They make you sit through a presentation and convince you to buy a timeshare?
Yup.

Offline Davidthebest

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2110
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2019, 03:59:54 PM »

Original offer:
-3 nights for $199

Sold.

-3 nights for $199
-$150 theme park credit

How did you get the call?
I always keep getting robo calls with few of them saying its hilton....
Is that how they got to you ?

Offline shaulyaakov

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2019, 11:40:41 AM »
How did you get the call?
I always keep getting robo calls with few of them saying its hilton....
Is that how they got to you ?
I get emails occasionally. Have this offer expiring on Tuesday but have no interest in booking to Orlando right now (daughter is 2 so not a ton we can do at Disney to make it worth flight +food +vacation days).

If I ever got one of these for MIA, I'd book it in a heartbeat. They also sent me one valid for Vegas, but that also doesn't appeal to me.

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2019, 12:08:12 PM »
I get emails occasionally. Have this offer expiring on Tuesday but have no interest in booking to Orlando right now (daughter is 2 so not a ton we can do at Disney to make it worth flight +food +vacation days).

If I ever got one of these for MIA, I'd book it in a heartbeat. They also sent me one valid for Vegas, but that also doesn't appeal to me.
But if they call , do they call from local numbers ?
My question is , that I'm getting multiple robo calls from local called ID numbers , and every time it says a different brand calling sometimes it says Hilton, sometimes Marriott , sometimes car insurance.
I always thought that they are scammers , since they not calling from an official working number.
I'm wondering if I'm wrong and they are legit , and if that's the way how they usually offer those .

Offline shaulyaakov

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2019, 12:23:12 PM »
But if they call , do they call from local numbers ?
My question is , that I'm getting multiple robo calls from local called ID numbers , and every time it says a different brand calling sometimes it says Hilton, sometimes Marriott , sometimes car insurance.
I always thought that they are scammers , since they not calling from an official working number.
I'm wondering if I'm wrong and they are legit , and if that's the way how they usually offer those .
Most are scams.

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2019, 12:38:20 PM »
Most are scams.
So how do I know if it's true , or how do opt in to get offers ?

Offline shaulyaakov

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2019, 12:42:36 PM »
So how do I know if it's true , or how do opt in to get offers ?
If you get a call from so. Eonw claiming to be Marriott, ask them to confirm your membership number.

Offline yochai

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2019, 01:26:18 PM »
I got the offer that was on DDMS in May. Got 4 nights and 20000 points for 199$. Then they started adding offers for booking during the summer. They ended up booking my at the Hilton bonnet creek and adding 150$ park credit and 100$ future Hilton credit. The presentation itself wasn’t as bad as I thought. I just said politely it doesn’t really fit for me because I usually don’t pay cash for hotels, only use CC points.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2019, 04:42:58 PM »
I got the offer that was on DDMS in May. Got 4 nights and 20000 points for 199$. Then they started adding offers for booking during the summer. They ended up booking my at the Hilton bonnet creek and adding 150$ park credit and 100$ future Hilton credit. The presentation itself wasn’t as bad as I thought. I just said politely it doesn’t really fit for me because I usually don’t pay cash for hotels, only use CC points.
Yup, that was my plan as well. How long was the presentation time? Did you have kids?
I wonder what percentage of people wind up buying a timeshare?

Offline joeb1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2019, 06:31:40 PM »
I did this exact one in the park soleil only difference is I got them to Comp the upgrade to the two br Suite (which is basically a one br suite with an attached single room)
The presenter made me absolutely crazy and made me sit thru every minute on the clock Until time was up ...was torture

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2019, 06:35:00 PM »
I did this exact one in the park soleil only difference is I got them to Comp the upgrade to the two br Suite (which is basically a one br suite with an attached single room)
The presenter made me absolutely crazy and made me sit thru every minute on the clock Until time was up ...was torture
What else did they give you?
Can you bring a laptop and not pay attention?

Offline joeb1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2019, 06:42:17 PM »
Guy is talking 1 on 1
Would be very impolite  8)
They gave me a certificate for future stay in any Hilton and 25k points and double upgrade 
We had a great time and location was not bad at all but I wouldn’t do a time share again so fast

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2019, 06:43:45 PM »
Guy is talking 1 on 1
Would be very impolite  8)
They gave me a certificate for future stay in any Hilton and 25k points and double upgrade 
We had a great time and location was not bad at all but I wouldn’t do a time share again so fast
Oy. Didn't realize it would be one on one.

Did you also get a refund of the amount paid? Theme park credit?

Any other tips?

Offline joeb1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2019, 06:50:17 PM »
They didn’t offer any park tickets credit or refund of 199 but I didn’t really care because 199 is a joke for 3 nights in a 2br plus 25k points plus 150 stay on us credit but it was torture and my wife wanted to kill me 🤦‍♂️