Author Topic: Hilton Timeshare Orlando  (Read 6387 times)

Offline Davidthebest

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2110
    • View Profile
Re: Hilton Timeshare Orlando
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2019, 06:52:22 PM »
They didn’t offer any park tickets credit or refund of 199 but I didn’t really care because 199 is a joke for 3 nights in a 2br plus 25k points plus 150 stay on us credit but it was torture and my wife wanted to kill me
How long did it take ?

Offline joeb1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2019, 06:53:50 PM »
Oy. Didn't realize it would be one on one.

Did you also get a refund of the amount paid? Theme park credit?

Any other tips?

Tips wise I would recommend you make extremely clear you had zero interest and was forced into this by an over aggressive rep on the phone who would not let you hang up
Politely tell then you have zero interest and nothing will change your mind and if you’ll get lucky the guy will only makes you sit for half the time instead of full time
The guy doing the presentation can either be a jerk and keep you for every minute he can or he can give up quick hopefully you’ll get the later of the two
My presenter went over the same presentation 20 times without giving up despite my kids screaming and me telling him every reason under the sun why I wasn’t interested

Offline joeb1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2019, 06:54:34 PM »
How long did it take ?

Depends on deal you made with them when doing it
I think by me was either 2 or 3 hours mostly 1 on 1

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2019, 06:56:53 PM »
How long did it take ?
They told me up to 2 hours.
I'll walk out at 2 hours on the nose.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dr Moose

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2019, 07:05:40 PM »
They told me up to 2 hours.
I'll walk out at 2 hours on the nose.
Is this your first time doing a timeshare presentation?
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2019, 07:14:27 PM »
Is this your first time doing a timeshare presentation?
Yes.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline farmbochur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2019, 07:23:32 PM »

-$150 theme park credit
You didn't learn your lesson from the CA trip? :)
Risk is opportunity

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2019, 07:27:46 PM »
You didn't learn your lesson from the CA trip? :)
Hopefully the lesson was not to go to Disney with a 3 hour time zone difference.

Offline yochai

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2019, 07:37:36 PM »
Yup, that was my plan as well. How long was the presentation time? Did you have kids?
I wonder what percentage of people wind up buying a timeshare?
It’s a 1 on 1 presentation, but was not painful for me at all. I was actually interested how timeshares work so I asked lots of questions. When it came to the bottom line, I said I usually use CC points for hotels so anything they would offer is over my budget. (They start with asking how many vacations you take a year, and then try to sell you a package that would “save” you $. I came with 5 month old and 4 year old. That was a great help because the kids were disturbing all the time  ;). They have a playroom with babysitting for kids but b”h it was full when we came. We saw a few other frum couples there (probably all came through DD).
I would really love to see how the agent will handle dan😄 he’ll probably give up after 5 minutes!

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2019, 08:14:22 PM »
It’s a 1 on 1 presentation, but was not painful for me at all. I was actually interested how timeshares work so I asked lots of questions. When it came to the bottom line, I said I usually use CC points for hotels so anything they would offer is over my budget. (They start with asking how many vacations you take a year, and then try to sell you a package that would “save” you $. I came with 5 month old and 4 year old. That was a great help because the kids were disturbing all the time  ;). They have a playroom with babysitting for kids but b”h it was full when we came. We saw a few other frum couples there (probably all came through DD).
I would really love to see how the agent will handle dan😄 he’ll probably give up after 5 minutes!

Sounds like fun. Just bring kids along and give them carte blanche to have a fight.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2019, 08:16:31 PM »
Sounds like fun. Just bring kids along and give them carte blanche to have a fight.
Should you smack them or hug them afterward? 😏
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Pad18

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2019, 08:26:04 PM »
Should you smack them or hug them afterward? 😏

all depends if you wanted to sign up or not .. ALOL

Offline yochai

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2019, 08:36:09 PM »
all depends if you wanted to sign up or not .. ALOL
It’s hard to believe any DD reader will go for such a thing.

Offline jomaster28

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2019, 04:04:04 PM »
I just got a call from Hilton timeshare and they offered me 4 Days/3 Nights in Orlando but i have 12 months to use it and they would not budge on that.

The price was $199 but i would be refunded the $199 after the presentation and i would only pay the taxes of $24. Then they offered me a $200 voucher to use at Hilton properties but wouldn't budge on anything else so i hung up. :) I kept saying i heard people were getting better offers and they said this is the best offer in his 6 years working for hilton.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2019, 04:08:39 PM »
I just got a call from Hilton timeshare and they offered me 4 Days/3 Nights in Orlando but i have 12 months to use it and they would not budge on that.

The price was $199 but i would be refunded the $199 after the presentation and i would only pay the taxes of $24. Then they offered me a $200 voucher to use at Hilton properties but wouldn't budge on anything else so i hung up. :) I kept saying i heard people were getting better offers and they said this is the best offer in his 6 years working for hilton.
I was insistent on 2021 validity. Told them to take or or leave it.

Offline jomaster28

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2019, 05:31:40 PM »
I was insistent on 2021 validity. Told them to take or or leave it.

Sales Rep: "our systems only allow for 12 months. Tell your friend there is no way he got it until 2021."
Me "ok bye"

Offline chief_mag

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2019, 05:52:07 PM »
Tips wise I would recommend you make extremely clear you had zero interest and was forced into this by an over aggressive rep on the phone who would not let you hang up
Politely tell then you have zero interest and nothing will change your mind and if you’ll get lucky the guy will only makes you sit for half the time instead of full time

+1
Two people I know went for the same deal and met each other leaving the timeshare presentation.
One feigned interest in timeshares, (thinking the deal was conditional on that,) and got stuck there for hours.
The other walked in and told the rep; "I'm only here cuz you guys offered me a free hotel stay". Was in and out. (Relatively speaking)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2019, 06:09:01 PM »
Sales Rep: "our systems only allow for 12 months. Tell your friend there is no way he got it until 2021."
Me "ok bye"
They can add notes.

Offline US

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2019, 06:53:53 PM »
Paid $199 for 4 days/3 nights Orlando, $200 voucher after presentation for future Hilton stay, 5k Hilton points,
didn’t confirm dates of stay and keep on getting offers if I confirm a date to receive $200 Credit at parks etc.

Seems like you got great offer @Dan

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2019, 07:03:35 PM »
Always wanted to try out one of these offers.

Hilton called me in July for a timeshare solicitation and I kept on saying that I had to talk it over with my wife.  Eventually he offered enough for me to just book on the spot. Took about 20 minutes as he had to keep returning to his manager to get approval for more concessions.

Original offer:
-3 nights for $199

Bonuses for booking on the spot, added one at a time until I agreed:
-Confirmed upgrade to 1BR suite
-$199 cash rebate after presentation
-20K Hilton points or $200 Hilton credit valid for 6 months after presentation.
-Ability to book the room through 12/31/21.

Then a month later I got a charge on my card. Apparently they neglected to mention there was a fee if you don't reserve something within 30 days. I told them I was never told that and they refunded the fee.

I called to book a couple months ago and they offered the Park Soleli Orlando said the max occupancy for the 1BR is 4 people. I mentioned that we are 5 and the agent said that was OK and booked us in a 1BR Penthouse Suite.

I just logged onto the site yesterday and saw they had booked it for 4 people. Normally I wouldn't sweat that, but I figured I'd push for a 2BR, that officially holds 6. I called and said that we're 5 and it's booked for 4 and the agent started ranting how I just admitted that on a recorded line and now I'd have to upgrade to the 2BR for $100/night.

I said I'll just take a refund and the agent came back with a $75/night offer. I said I'll just take a refund and the agent came back with a $50/night offer and $150 towards Disney tickets as a final offer and that my booking was non-refundable.

I asked to speak with a manager about a refund and was told I'd have to wait for a callback and that I was just crazy to pass up on the offer as it was the best she had ever seen.

An agent called me back now and said the best they can do to a 2BR Penthouse Suite would be $25/night, plus $150 towards Disney tickets.

Sold.

-3 nights for $199
-Confirmed upgrade to 1BR Penthouse suite
-Upgrade to 2BR Penthouse suite for $75
-$150 theme park credit
-$199 cash rebate after presentation
-20K Hilton points or $200 Hilton credit valid for 6 months after presentation.
-Ability to book the room through 12/31/21.

Seems good to me. Anyone done better with Hilton?
Just got a call, I ended up buying probably only because of this post 😏
I kept pushing for more and finally took this offer:

-3 nights in Orlando for $199

-Upgrade to 1 BR Villa
-$199 rebate after presentation
-$200 Hilton voucher
-15k HH
-Waived $50 fee for not booking within 45 days (So I have a year to book and use, although now that I think about it, I should have insisted that I could travel until 12/31/20.)

He very much did not want to give me the points but I kept pushing and he finally agreed to 5k points. I told him "we both know that's peanuts." Finally, I got him to agree to do 15k points if I give him my CC number, he then added the points and I gave him the exp. All in all, a pretty good deal, although tbh I probably don't actually need it.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy