Topic Wiki

Up to date (July 2023) guide to ordering Amazon to IL here: https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=109596.msg2731358#msg2731358

Older guide:
Would love this thread to help people not to make mistakes and prevent aggravation!
I will start

1. Always add a working contact Israeli number starting with +972/
2. Always make sure to add your Passport/ת''ז ontime within First day or 2 of your order if not your order will be canceled.
3. Never put in a pickup destination if you don`t want to go pick it up and wait the courier must bring it to your door. (do not answer the Text/Email asking you where to drop off)
4. If your order doesn't come ontime you could get a Credit for late timing try chating.
5. Never exceed the value of $75.00
6. make sure you have $49.00 of eligible items
7. Beware that if you send a few packages close together, they may still charge you TAX/VAT so it is best to wait a few days in between or try getting them different dates or different couriers, or send one on your name and one on your wifes or neighbors. Or to a family member, needs to be over the age of 18
8. You can get subscribe and save discounts (5%) on your first order, but you can't actually subscribe and save.
9. There are 2 types of zip codes use the 7 digit that starts with a "9"

Here is a list of Couriers that ship with Amazon to Israel
https://www.israelpost.co.il
https://www.aramex.com
https://www.dhl.co.il/he.html
https://www.ups.com/il/he/Home.page
http://www.chitadelivery.co.il
https://bar-call-haaretz.co.il/

You Guys could add more

« Last edited by mevinyavin on July 24, 2023, 01:07:34 AM »

Author Topic: Free Amazon shipping to Israel  (Read 46528 times)

Offline JlmBoi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Free Amazon shipping to Israel
« Reply #240 on: November 10, 2021, 02:24:26 AM »
Will promo code work w/o using Elal flycard :-\
I believe it comes from mastercard international so should work with any mastercard. I could be wrong.
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪

Offline yfr bachur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 10, 2021, 05:02:11 AM »
DP:
works with austrailian mastercard.
Doesnt work on items shiped to the states

Offline SkinnnyJ

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 10, 2021, 05:04:32 AM »
I have the same offer with a different Israeli issued Mastercard. So I don't know if it will work with non Israeli cards, but it is not just FlyCard.
That said, the T&C certainly implies that all MasterCards should work.
https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=23655498011
“Eligible Cards” means Mastercard branded cards.

Offline Buruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 22, 2022, 06:16:54 PM »
Garbage bag deal from ddms ships free to Israel. 3 boxes of 90 for $35 after coupons free shipping.

Offline mevinyavin

• View Profile
    • Laptop help/deal request template
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #244 on: July 19, 2023, 10:58:29 AM »
Anyone want to write a guest post on ordering to IL?
This wiki is out of date. Not everything on it is muchrach and there is more to say. I'll IY"H put down my two cents $49 in a post in a day or two, wait for comment from the EY dwellers, and then update the wiki.
For the record, I've been an active Amazon orderer for ten years. Even before the "free shipping" got everyone's attention, the price they charged for small items was a joke, you got charged once no matter how many chotchkes were in the order, and the total beat IL prices by a mile 2.2 kilometers. But that was then and a lot has changed.
Soon, IY"H.
Quote from: ExGingi
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline Yehudaa

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 19, 2023, 11:30:43 AM »

Offline mevinyavin

• View Profile
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #246 on: July 19, 2023, 11:33:34 AM »
FTFY :)
Yeah, I dunno why I thought that. Thanks.
(I would write the whole thing today but i have a migraine now.)
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline Yehudaa

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 19, 2023, 11:40:54 AM »

Offline mevinyavin

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 19, 2023, 11:50:19 AM »
kg>lb
Ahh, that's it.
Lyk ah sayd; migraine.

Offline herb

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 19, 2023, 12:29:26 PM »
Yeah, I dunno why I thought that. Thanks.
(I would write the whole thing today but i have a migraine now.)
refuah shlaima

Offline rbs-g1.5

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Offline mevinyavin

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 20, 2023, 11:17:00 AM »
Okay, here goes. EY dwellers, please weigh in on if I missed anything, if I am wrong about something, or if you THINK I am wrong about something even though I am not. Note: all details were changed to someone else's to protect MY identity. Also, examples I used are in what I have experience in. Excuse me if you wanted different examples.

Ordering on Amazon 101
1. Make sure the delivery option in the upper left corner shows either "Shipping to Israel" or a saved Israeli address.

If it does not currently show an Israel address, sign in and add an Israel address.

1A. Address tips
-To ensure proper delivery, you must know your seven digit zip code. You can obtain this best by seeing what the mail that successfully arrives to your address says. If not, the Doar (Israel Post) website has a way to find yours.
-Success comes closer to reality if your english-language street is spelled the way that Waze (not Google, Bing or Open Street Maps) spells it.
-You should put down the phone number of someone with the following qualifications: 1. Speaks Ivrit. 2. Will answer every telemarketer as soon as the package is in the country. 3. Is in a place that has cell service at all times of day.
-You will need to save an ID number, either a passport or a Teudat Zehut, for the recipient of the order, under the address settings (you should be prompted for it, but sometimes only when you place an order). If you are ordering multiple sub-$75 orders at once, try to split them up under different ID numbers (and obviously, recipient names that match). Note, however, that I often did not and I never got asked for tax.

2. Navigate to the product category you are searching for (or put a phrase in the search bar) and click the "Ships free to Israel" option on the left.

3. This will result in three types of items. One type of item will show no price - it is unlikely that this item will ship to Israel at all. (I know, you put in the filter, why does it show you this? That's life.) Another type of items shows "Ships to Israel." This item can be ordered, but you will likely need to pay more than it is worth to ship it. (Before COVID, the shipping costs were more normal. But nowadays, unless the item cannot be purchased in Israel at all, it is almost never worth it if you have to pay shipping.) Lastly, some items will say either "Free shipping to Israel" - if the item is worth more than $49 by itself - or "Free shipping to Israel when you spend over $49 on eligible items." This last option means you must collect items with this description until your bill is $49. Amazon varies regarding discounts and coupons - much of the time, the coupon can lower the cost back under $49 but you still get free shipping. (Example: $50 item with $5 coupon - total bill is $45 with free shipping.) However, this is not always the case, so pay attention to what the total bill says before you click that purchase button.

An example of an order that was counted as above $49 even though it was less because of a Prime discount:

4. An important note regarding item options such as sizes, capacities and colors:
Even when you navigate to an item that showed as free shipping, anything can happen when you change an option by the item. If you change the size, capacity, color, version, or anything similar, it may no longer show as free shipping to Israel or even shipping to Israel at all. (Other things can also change, such as the SELLER. I personally never order anything electronic except from Amazon as the seller, or another seller I recognize, or the manufacturer.)
Here is an example: the 32GB 2-pack ships free, the 64GB card ships but you have to pay, the 32GB single card does not ship at all.

It may not make sense - after all, why should the pink one ship free but the blue one cost $20 to ship and the green one won't ship - but take what you can get and ignore the rest.

5. Do your research. Israel tends to sell cheap Chinese gadgets for less than they sell them in the US (on Amazon - ebay may still be cheaper). However, a particular gadget is often available for sale in the US months before it gets to Israel. I have noticed that plasticware is almost always cheaper in Israel. German appliances are also often cheaper - I priced a certain Braun mixer in Israel at 1150 shekel, and Dan posted a deal the next week for $350 for the same product. Again, do your research.

6. What tends to ship free? Smallish things. I have ordered office supplies, flash drives and internal SSDs, laptops, articles of clothing such as shoes, ties and pajamas, watches, magnet toys, and various toys. What tends to not ship at all? Groceries. Everything else is fair game, sometimes yes and sometimes no.

7. Sometimes it pays to think outside of the box. (ha, ha...) I once ordered a gallon pitcher. Shipping was not free but someone wanted davka that big, and they don't sell large pitchers like that here. Similarly, while it pays to order cheap items and not clear the $74.99 cap for paying tax, sometimes it is still a better deal after tax than it costs here. A classic example is a laptop. The cheapest fast office laptop runs about 1700 shekel here. If Amazon sells a $330 laptop, taxes will cost around $80. This comes out a tiny bit cheaper, but instead of getting a laptop from 2019, you are getting a significantly better modern system. Moreover, once you are talking about more expensive systems, the savings widens. A 4000 shekel laptop can be gotten for $850 after tax. An 8000 shekel laptop can be gotten for $1600 or so - a savings of about a quarter.

8. You've got lots of friends who take things into EY for you? Double check how much you are saving for that effort. If you ship a $300 laptop to NY, you will pay $327, but if it ships directly to Israel on Amazon you will pay $375. Is the savings worth making that friend shlep it for you? (Note, however, that the best price is usually not on Amazon. If you can get that same computer or something similar for $230 somewhere else, the equation changes.)

9. There is much discussion regarding setting pickup locations. I have never been asked for this, perhaps because I do not get texting. I do, however, get emails regarding many Amazon deliveries. These merely provide a tracking number (in addition to Amazon's tracking), and offer an option to set a pickup point. It is not necessary to do so, provided you will answer your phone when they call. There was a period that all my packages were delivered by the same guy - this is no longer the case today.

10. Note that Amazon's tax charge is a deposit. If they are charged less, they refund you the difference. (In 50 orders, this happened to me twice and was in the single digits. Just saying.)

Okay, everyone, weigh in, please. Anything to add/subtract?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 11:20:49 AM by mevinyavin »

Offline Yehudaa

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 20, 2023, 11:33:42 AM »
Seems super thorough! I'm sure the people there will appreciate it.

Offline yfr bachur

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 20, 2023, 07:48:43 PM »
I find often find that if you look at the different sellers you can save money on the combined price with shipping.
@mevinyavin thats also the explination for the results that show without a price - theres a seller that ships to israel, who for whatever reason is not eligible for the buy box.

Offline mevinyavin

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 21, 2023, 04:09:17 AM »
I have to update these three ketaim due to an email I got from Amazon this morning.
7. Sometimes it pays to think outside of the box. (ha, ha...) I once ordered a gallon pitcher. Shipping was not free but someone wanted davka that big, and they don't sell large pitchers like that here. Similarly, while it pays to order cheap items and not clear the $74.99 cap for paying tax, sometimes it is still a better deal after tax than it costs here. A classic example is a laptop. The cheapest fast office laptop runs about 1700 shekel here. If Amazon sells a $330 laptop, taxes will cost around $80. This comes out a tiny bit cheaper, but instead of getting a laptop from 2019, you are getting a significantly better modern system. Moreover, once you are talking about more expensive systems, the savings widens. A 4000 shekel laptop can be gotten for $850 after tax. An 8000 shekel laptop can be gotten for $1600 or so - a savings of about a quarter.

8. You've got lots of friends who take things into EY for you? Double check how much you are saving for that effort. If you ship a $300 laptop to NY, you will pay $327, but if it ships directly to Israel on Amazon you will pay $375. Is the savings worth making that friend shlep it for you? (Note, however, that the best price is usually not on Amazon. If you can get that same computer or something similar for $230 somewhere else, the equation changes.)

10. Note that Amazon's tax charge is a deposit. If they are charged less, they refund you the difference. (In 50 orders, this happened to me twice and was in the single digits. Just saying.)
The email reads thus:

If Amazon sells a $330 laptop, taxes will cost around $80. Now $55, apparently. Although the product page still shows the same amount for the deposit. Maybe the customs official was in a good mood?
but if it ships directly to Israel on Amazon you will pay $375. Around $355, perhaps.
(In 50 orders, this happened to me twice and was in the single digits. Just saying.) Actually three times, and this time the refund was $23.50.

Offline mevinyavin

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 25, 2023, 08:02:09 AM »
Two good sales that also ship free to IL. The attached cable can be swapped with an IL equivalent.
1. Ugreen 65W charger with 2xUSBC and 2xUSBA. $38.29, worth 200 shekel or so in IL. (You have to order $12 more in free ship items.)
UGREEN 65W USB C Charger, Nexode 4 Ports Charging Station, Fast GaN Desktop Charger Compatible with iPhone 14 Pro, Galaxy S23 Ultra, iPad Pro, MacBook Pro/Air, Steam Deck, Laptops, Tablets, and More ($17.97 $38.29)

2. Ugreen 100W same, $68.29 and ships free by itself.
UGREEN 100W Nexode 4 Ports Charging Station, GaN Fast Desktop USB C Charger, Compatible with MacBook Pro, Dell XPS 15, iPhone 14 Pro Max/13, Galaxy S23 Ultra, iPad, Steam Deck and More ($79.99 )

Offline TBD

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 25, 2023, 11:57:27 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08DGXB619

If you need some extra beds in Israel

Offline mevinyavin

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 03, 2023, 04:22:26 AM »
https://www.dansdeals.com/shopping-deals/amazon/rockport-mens-style-leader-2-bike-slip-loafer-shoes-just-39-99-shipped-amazon/

Ships to IL for about $20. In my experience this brings it up to about $10 less than regular price. (I paid $68 last time I ordered these.)

Offline mevinyavin

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 24, 2023, 03:34:34 AM »
Heads up: Amazon products (sold directly from Amazon) that ship to IL are now often listed as "Amazon Export Sales LLC." Despite what it looks like, this appears to be the genuine Amazon.
They should be better than a page like this... What gives?

Offline Moshe Green

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 24, 2023, 04:26:18 AM »
Okay, here goes. EY dwellers, please weigh in on if I missed anything, if I am wrong about something, or if you THINK I am wrong about something even though I am not.

You are right about the savings of getting a laptop from the US, but you must add a few things.

1) You'll have to add Hebrew letters if you want to type in Hebrew
2) If something goes wrong you'll have a hard time returning it/cashing in on your warranty
3) The plug will be American and not Israeli
4) Little things that you may be able to take to the guy you bought it from in Israel for free, if you buy it from the us, you'll be paying
5) You'll be supporting Amazon and not a Jew (especially in midst of a war)
6) There's more of a chance of it getting stolen/lost/damaged
7) And lastly, you'll be waiting for it to arrive instead of getting it right away.