Topic Wiki

Up to date (July 2023) guide to ordering Amazon to IL here: https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=109596.msg2731358#msg2731358

Older guide:
Would love this thread to help people not to make mistakes and prevent aggravation!
I will start

1. Always add a working contact Israeli number starting with +972/
2. Always make sure to add your Passport/ת''ז ontime within First day or 2 of your order if not your order will be canceled.
3. Never put in a pickup destination if you don`t want to go pick it up and wait the courier must bring it to your door. (do not answer the Text/Email asking you where to drop off)
4. If your order doesn't come ontime you could get a Credit for late timing try chating.
5. Never exceed the value of $75.00
6. make sure you have $49.00 of eligible items
7. Beware that if you send a few packages close together, they may still charge you TAX/VAT so it is best to wait a few days in between or try getting them different dates or different couriers, or send one on your name and one on your wifes or neighbors. Or to a family member, needs to be over the age of 18
8. You can get subscribe and save discounts (5%) on your first order, but you can't actually subscribe and save.
9. There are 2 types of zip codes use the 7 digit that starts with a "9"

Here is a list of Couriers that ship with Amazon to Israel
https://www.israelpost.co.il
https://www.aramex.com
https://www.dhl.co.il/he.html
https://www.ups.com/il/he/Home.page
http://www.chitadelivery.co.il
https://bar-call-haaretz.co.il/

You Guys could add more

« Last edited by mevinyavin on July 24, 2023, 01:07:34 AM »

Author Topic: Free Amazon shipping to Israel  (Read 47375 times)

Offline mevinyavin

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Laptop help/deal request template
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
Re: Free Amazon shipping to Israel
« Reply #260 on: November 24, 2023, 04:37:10 AM »
You are right about the savings of getting a laptop from the US, but you must add a few things.

1) You'll have to add Hebrew letters if you want to type in Hebrew
2) If something goes wrong you'll have a hard time returning it/cashing in on your warranty
3) The plug will be American and not Israeli
4) Little things that you may be able to take to the guy you bought it from in Israel for free, if you buy it from the us, you'll be paying
5) You'll be supporting Amazon and not a Jew (especially in midst of a war)
6) There's more of a chance of it getting stolen/lost/damaged
7) And lastly, you'll be waiting for it to arrive instead of getting it right away.
Thank you. I was wondering about how no one had anything to say.
1, 4, 5 I agree on.
Comments on the rest:
2) You'll have a hard time with the warranty on some companies and it often depends on your agent. Officially the warranty is no longer voided internationally, but companies like HP will make you send it back to the states. ASUS will send you a box and the computer will have to go to Taiwan. Lenovo once told me no, but another time they said I could take it to Petach Tikva and they would fix it. Toshiba A"H let you take it to a local tech and they paid.
If the problem is immediate, though, you can send it back to Amazon and usually convince them to cover the shipping. At least this was my experience.

To be continued.
Quote from: ExGingi
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline Moshe Green

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 24, 2023, 04:55:56 AM »
Thank you. I was wondering about how no one had anything to say.
1, 4, 5 I agree on.
Comments on the rest:
2) You'll have a hard time with the warranty on some companies and it often depends on your agent. Officially the warranty is no longer voided internationally, but companies like HP will make you send it back to the states. ASUS will send you a box and the computer will have to go to Taiwan. Lenovo once told me no, but another time they said I could take it to Petach Tikva and they would fix it. Toshiba A"H let you take it to a local tech and they paid.
If the problem is immediate, though, you can send it back to Amazon and usually convince them to cover the shipping. At least this was my experience.

To be continued.
What about the plug? I find it incredible annoying some times.

Offline SHL

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 24, 2023, 05:03:27 AM »
What about the plug? I find it incredible annoying some times.
Usually you can buy a replacement cord (just from the plug to the transformer) for like 20 shekel locally

Offline Moshe Green

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 24, 2023, 05:04:35 AM »
Usually you can buy a replacement cord (just from the plug to the transformer) for like 20 shekel locally
That's when its 2 pieces. When its one it's extremely annoying.

Offline SHL

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 24, 2023, 05:07:07 AM »
That's when its 2 pieces. When its one it's extremely annoying.
If it takes 240 voltage (which they usually do) cut the plug off and use a replacement plug
Also under 20 shekel in any hardware store

Offline mevinyavin

• View Profile
  • Programs: Windows 10 and 11 Home, Word/Excel/Publisher 2021, Wordweb, McGill English Dictionary of Rhyme, VLC, Torat Emet, 7-Zip, Lightshot, Calibre, FDM, FreeFileSync, Teracopy, Handbreak, Lightshot
« Reply #265 on: November 24, 2023, 05:19:06 AM »
To be continued.
Looks like you didn't wait for me.  ;)
3) Replace the plug when it comes in two pieces. When it comes in one piece, if it is USB-C just get an IL version, if not, it's a cheap computer and almost the same price here. Agav, I tell this to anyone I see using that plug-changer piece at the end of a US version - you kill the power box and you kill the battery unless the fit is perfect. No one should be using those on a laptop charger - get a native plug.
4) That cheshbon depends on how much you save to start with. I seldom advise getting cheap computers from the US because the price difference isn't worth the bother (unless it is, in which case this doesn't matter).
6) Don't know why you think the chances are worse of getting lost/damaged. I tell everyone that they risk something happening on the way but Amazon will refund you if there is problems. Back to square one, perhaps, but not worse off.
7) Unless you happen to be lucky and the computer you want is in stock in your local branch, being promised 8 biz days delivery is not much faster than Amazon, plus the Turkish attitude that pervades means that 8 biz days isn't a guarantee either.
Echo chambers are boring and don't contribute much to deeper thinking and understanding!

Offline Moshe Green

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 24, 2023, 07:34:23 AM »
4) That cheshbon depends on how much you save to start with. I seldom advise getting cheap computers from the US because the price difference isn't worth the bother (unless it is, in which case this doesn't matter).
Maskim.
6) Don't know why you think the chances are worse of getting lost/damaged. I tell everyone that they risk something happening on the way but Amazon will refund you if there is problems. Back to square one, perhaps, but not worse off.

7) Unless you happen to be lucky and the computer you want is in stock in your local branch, being promised 8 biz days delivery is not much faster than Amazon, plus the Turkish attitude that pervades means that 8 biz days isn't a guarantee either.
I am able to get in almost any computer that my supplier has in 2-3 business days. Amazon, you'll wait 2 weeks and then if there's an issue your waiting another month...

Offline mevinyavin

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 10, 2024, 01:18:47 PM »
FYI, Coofandy shirt on DDMS ships free to Israel with a SUBTOTAL of $49. (The original price counts towards the $49, not the after-coupon/sale price.) This is often but not always true with coupons or sales, so you should experiment. (Don't get so excited - I used a gift-card balance so really $33.)
Sample order placed just now:

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #268 on: April 10, 2024, 01:47:48 PM »
FYI, Coofandy shirt on DDMS ships free to Israel with a SUBTOTAL of $49. (The original price counts towards the $49, not the after-coupon/sale price.) This is often but not always true with coupons or sales, so you should experiment. (Don't get so excited - I used a gift-card balance so really $33.)

What item is this? They are $24.99 each retail, should only need 2.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline rbs-g1.5

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 10, 2024, 04:11:08 PM »

Beware of non standard collar

Offline mevinyavin

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: April 11, 2024, 12:31:46 AM »
What item is this? They are $24.99 each retail, should only need 2.
Bought only one shirt. Also got a tie and a random shoe holder for the door to my kids' room. (The sheer number of shoes I'm tripping over is getting out of hand, and they need the space on their shelves for clothes.)
Agav, can't beat Amazon on tie selection... at least until you filter for free shipping to IL.

Offline HudZ

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Torah
« Reply #271 on: April 11, 2024, 12:34:11 AM »
(The sheer number of shoes I'm tripping over is getting out of hand, and they need the space on their shelves for clothes.)
Getting out of foot.
אין עוד מלבדו