Author Topic: power of dot  (Read 2171 times)

Offline bmw

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
power of dot
« on: November 20, 2019, 02:47:59 PM »
The power of the DOT . 

I booked last week an air canada flight using Lifemiles. The air canada website wouldn't allow me to add kosher meal and wheelchair since it wasn't booked through them and their call center isn't accepting calls due to high volume. I fired off a brief email to the DOT and within a few hours I received an email and phone call back from air canada confirming that my requests where taken care of !   

Another case in point air france allows to put tickets on hold however when you book it they charge you an extra $25 phone advise without even advising you about it. Again a short message to dot and within a day or two air france replied and agreed to send out refund check.

advi

Offline chief_mag

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: power of dot
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 03:36:54 PM »

Another case in point air france allows to put tickets on hold however when you book it they charge you an extra $25 phone advise without even advising you about it. Again a short message to dot and within a day or two air france replied and agreed to send out refund check.

advi

The power of Grammarly...

Offline Aerial Dag

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 03:41:51 PM »
The power of the DOT . 

I booked last week an air canada flight using Lifemiles. The air canada website wouldn't allow me to add kosher meal and wheelchair since it wasn't booked through them and their call center isn't accepting calls due to high volume. I fired off a brief email to the DOT and within a few hours I received an email and phone call back from air canada confirming that my requests where taken care of !   

advi

I dunno, the first one just seems like you should have called back another time rather than filing an official complaint

Offline bmw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 03:50:41 PM »
try your luck calling air canada let me know when you get through..

Offline lazertek

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: delta gold medllion status alaska mvp marriott gold elite uber gold Hertz PC Aeoroplan silver National EE
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 08:18:25 AM »
try your luck calling air canada let me know when you get through..
i happened to have had a story with air canada recently and yes i did wait about 30 mins till someone picked up the phone but the customer service was amazing the rep. did whatever i asked for and even so far that he huca'd a manager for me cuz the first didn't want to complete the request.
The only difference between a good day and a bad day is your attitude(:

Offline bmw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2022, 08:42:30 PM »
The power of the DOT . 

same experience today with swiss, had a callback within a few hours