Author Topic: Current Card Holder Applying for Multiple Cards with 3BM Method  (Read 11560 times)

Offline fusioncredit

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Current Card Holder Applying for Multiple Cards with 3BM Method
« on: November 01, 2011, 11:25:18 PM »
I am going to start an app spree soon and apply for new Credit Cards from Amex, Citi, and Chase using the 3BM Method

Should I be logged into my accounts when I apply using Dan's links? I hope the experts can chime in on this  :)

Online AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: Current Card Holder Applying for Multiple Cards with 3BM Method
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 11:37:29 PM »
I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter, but to be safe, I wouldn't be.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 01:30:33 AM »
I am going to start an app spree soon and apply for new Credit Cards from Amex, Citi, and Chase using the 3BM Method

Should I be logged into my accounts when I apply using Dan's links? I hope the experts can chime in on this  :)

How many card (in all) do you plan on applying for.

The term 3BM refers to three apps from one issue, not three apps (total) from three issuers.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline fusioncredit

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 02:36:38 AM »
How many card (in all) do you plan on applying for.

The term 3BM refers to three apps from one issue, not three apps (total) from three issuers.

I am aware of how the 3BM works  :) and I want to apply for 3 cards from each issuer  :)

I currently have 2 cards with Amex (Green Charge and Blue Cash), 1 Citi Thank You Premier, and 1 Chase Slate

I also want to try the 3BM for Bank of America

What order do you recommend to apply for the cards and should I be logged into my accounts when I apply?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 08:47:17 AM »
I am aware of how the 3BM works  :) and I want to apply for 3 cards from each issuer  :)

I currently have 2 cards with Amex (Green Charge and Blue Cash), 1 Citi Thank You Premier, and 1 Chase Slate

I also want to try the 3BM for Bank of America

What order do you recommend to apply for the cards and should I be logged into my accounts when I apply?

3BM might not work for BofA (hasn't IME). You might have issues with Chase getting three apps pushed through with only one existing card for leverage, but it is definitely doable if they consider you creditworthy and you say the right things to recon.

I don't think an order is important, as long as you submit each 3BM within a few seconds of eachother (the quicker, the better IMHO) and all the apps within a few hours you'll be doing great.

Logging in won't help you get approved (IMHO), though it might help ensure the info in your app is accurate (as in no typos).
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 08:50:26 AM »
3BM might not work for BofA (hasn't IME). You might have issues with Chase getting three apps pushed through with only one existing card for leverage, but it is definitely doable if they consider you creditworthy and you say the right things to recon.
might also get instant approval

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 08:54:39 AM »

Correct. I've stated multiple times on here, that using 3BM as a method for approval works best if you get instant approval (I feel like it's stating the obvious, but that might be necessary). Either way you reduce the likelihood of multiple credit hits from each issuer and (like in the OPs case) with an AOR it's unlikely the issuers will see eachother's hits,

Offline fusioncredit

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 09:01:02 AM »

you mean if I apply for the cards directly through my account when I am logged in?

BTW I found out that if you already have at least one card with Amex and apply they soft you and only do hard inq if you are approved.

Offline myb821

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 09:02:19 AM »
you mean if I apply for the cards directly through my account when I am logged in?

BTW I found out that if you already have at least one card with Amex and apply they soft you and only do hard inq if you are approved.
that is not true

Offline fusioncredit

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 09:06:40 AM »
that is not true

I better call them and find out  :) btw what does AOR stand for?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 09:14:37 AM »

No need to log-in for instant approval, just make sure all info on the app (e.g. address) is the same as on your credit report.

I've heard of the Amex soft pull theory, but I got hard pulls. It's very rare and YMMV.

I better call them and find out  :) btw what does AOR stand for?

No need to call, what they tell you will be made up, either way. (The soft pull is probably a glitch, it's definitely not a policy they could confirm over the phone).

AOR is an App-o-Rama, methinks it's in the Acronym thread/wiki, if not, feel free to add it :P

Offline fusioncredit

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 09:26:55 AM »
No need to log-in for instant approval, just make sure all info on the app (e.g. address) is the same as on your credit report.

I've heard of the Amex soft pull theory, but I got hard pulls. It's very rare and YMMV.

No need to call, what they tell you will be made up, either way. (The soft pull is probably a glitch, it's definitely not a policy they could confirm over the phone).

AOR is an App-o-Rama, methinks it's in the Acronym thread/wiki, if not, feel free to add it :P

Thanks :) and regarding the address. I noticed that Experian added my brothers address to my report because I had one of my CC send me a BT check to his address while I stay there temporarily until I finish some remolding at my house. My home address is still on the Experian report but was bumped down. Is it going to be an issue when I apply?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 09:30:20 AM »
Thanks :) and regarding the address. I noticed that Experian added my brothers address to my report because I had one of my CC send me a BT check to his address while I stay there temporarily until I finish some remolding at my house. My home address is still on the Experian report but was bumped down. Is it going to be an issue when I apply?

Might be. Hard to know for sure if you don't know which issuer(s) will hit which bureau(s). If you can easily get it removed, I'd do that, but in all likelihood you should probably just apply and hope.

Offline fusioncredit

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 09:37:15 AM »
Might be. Hard to know for sure if you don't know which issuer(s) will hit which bureau(s). If you can easily get it removed, I'd do that, but in all likelihood you should probably just apply and hope.

I tried to remove it over the phone with who I believe was someone from Experian and they told me since I had something sent to my brothers address they can't remove it. I was like that's not my address and she was like "I can't remove it since you told me that you had something sent there from one of your creditors" I was like that's not right and she is like don't worry it's not bad to have a new address added and I'm like yea sure. Watch all those preapproval offers coming to my brothers address now  :(

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 09:42:30 AM »
I tried to remove it over the phone with who I believe was someone from Experian and they told me since I had something sent to my brothers address they can't remove it. I was like that's not my address and she was like nullI can't remove it since you told me that you had something sent there from one of your creditorsnull I was like that's not right and she is like don't worry it's not bad to have a new address added and I'm like yea sure. Watch all those preapproval offers coming to my brothers address now  :(

Oh well. Good luck with your AOR, please post back on how it all works out for you :)

Offline fusioncredit

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 10:10:45 AM »
Oh well. Good luck with your AOR, please post back on how it all works out for you :)

Thanks I will  :) BTW I think I am going to freeze EQ/TU before I go on my app spree to apply for mostly Amex, Citi, BOA, and maybe Chase

Offline myb821

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 10:21:53 AM »
One where do u live and two why would u do that

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 10:26:58 AM »
Thanks I will  :) BTW I think I am going to freeze EQ/TU before I go on my app spree to apply for mostly Amex, Citi, BOA, and maybe Chase

Don't! If you don't know what you're doing, freezing will in all likelihood do more hard than good.

Online AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 10:29:14 AM »
Don't! If you don't know what you're doing, freezing will in all likelihood do more hard than good.

+1

Kids with fire these days...
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline fusioncredit

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 10:31:22 AM »
One where do u live and two why would u do that

I live in TN and the reason I want to freeze EQ/TU is because they haven't removed some negative stuff yet. My EX report is clean and I know Amex and BOA pull EX...also from researching pulls on creditboards EX is usually pulled by Citi/Chase in the southeast including TN