Author Topic: HOT! HP 15.6″ 10th Gen Core i7 256GB SSD Laptop For $499.99 Shipped After $850..  (Read 12970 times)

Offline sysg1

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
only has 8gb of ram and 128gb ssd
Not a bad thing for most people, especially the 8gb ram. 128gb SSD is tight, but lot of people can make it work.

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 308
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
On one of my laptop's the plastic bezel that goes around the screen was popping up seems like something stuck under it so I contacted HP to see what can be done the only option they gave to me was to return the device.
   I told them I wouldn't want to do that as I would lose out on my Chase Ink offer of $186 shall I return an item from that offer.
  they told me there's nothing to do except they can offer me a price match to the same price as my original purchase and a $60 off additional.
   Is there more that I can do or should I just settle with that and swallow the few dollar loss?
  or live with the broken laptop being at the screen is popping up a bit which doesn't really bother me but in a way it's a defective laptop. meeting the screen is nothing wrong with it there's a plastic that goes around the screen which seems something got in between which is causing it to be popping up a bit.
 What's your guys take?

image hosting
Don't try to be someone else , be who you are because everyone else is taken.

Offline ah giten

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
doesnt chase have some sort of protection for defective items?

Offline myi

• View Profile
doesnt chase have some sort of protection for defective items?
good thinking let me see what can be done on their end.

Offline Joel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 41
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hertz PC
On one of my laptop's the plastic bezel that goes around the screen was popping up seems like something stuck under it so I contacted HP to see what can be done the only option they gave to me was to return the device.
   I told them I wouldn't want to do that as I would lose out on my Chase Ink offer of $186 shall I return an item from that offer.
  they told me there's nothing to do except they can offer me a price match to the same price as my original purchase and a $60 off additional.
   Is there more that I can do or should I just settle with that and swallow the few dollar loss?
  or live with the broken laptop being at the screen is popping up a bit which doesn't really bother me but in a way it's a defective laptop. meeting the screen is nothing wrong with it there's a plastic that goes around the screen which seems something got in between which is causing it to be popping up a bit.
 What's your guys take?

image hosting
Why dont you just ask for a replacement not a return.
HUCA?
IIRC years ago I did it with a item got the new one before I sent the original.

Offline Yehuda_H

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
No DVD or CD Drive
256 GB Intel® SSD + 16 GB Intel® Optane™ memory

HP 15 Laptop PC
12 GB RAM
256 GB Intel® SSD + 16 GB Cache
HP TrueVision HD Camera+ integrated dual array digital microphone(Natural Silver)
3-cell, 41 Wh Lithium-ion prismatic Battery
Intel® Core™ i5-1035G1 (1.0 GHz, up to 3.6 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
15.6" (1920 x 1080)

$500.

Offline myi

• View Profile
Why dont you just ask for a replacement not a return.
HUCA?
IIRC years ago I did it with a item got the new one before I sent the original.
rep after rep said there's no such thing as replacement how it works is you return the item and then they'll send that a new one and recharge card.

Offline myi

• View Profile
No DVD or CD Drive
256 GB Intel® SSD + 16 GB Intel® Optane™ memory

HP 15 Laptop PC
12 GB RAM
256 GB Intel® SSD + 16 GB Cache
HP TrueVision HD Camera+ integrated dual array digital microphone(Natural Silver)
3-cell, 41 Wh Lithium-ion prismatic Battery
Intel® Core™ i5-1035G1 (1.0 GHz, up to 3.6 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
15.6" (1920 x 1080)

$500.
Link?

Offline ah giten

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile

Offline Definitions

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
 What's your guys take?

If I would offer you a $126 discount for that defect would you take it? I'd say yes

BTW is that balloon strings I see there? Does someone get a mazal tov?

Offline myi

• View Profile
1-If I would offer you a $126 discount for that defect would you take it? I'd say yes

2-BTW is that balloon strings I see there? Does someone get a mazal tov?
1- Well yes in a way, i was thinking about it over shabbos and i'm like for a 50-60$ discount would i not keep the defective laptop with the popping screen? But on the other other hand shouldn't HP stand behind there products and try to figure something out to make up for defect and what can be done in such a scenario?  or at least offer a discount on the laptop instead of making me return it?
   So i'm thinking to keep the 1st laptop and now flip the 2nd lap top for whatever price i got it for after discounts.

2- Yes there's Balloon strings, but what makes you think its a mazel tov and not a get well soon balloon?
 But good Observer i must say, and yes thanks for the mazel tov!

Offline cgr

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile

Offline JunkYardUnz

• View Profile
 What's your guys take?

image hosting
Just an FYI they will not clawback the Chase Offer. I had to cancel one of my orders and they refunded me and the Chase offer hasn’t been reversed yet.

Offline avrohomgelb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
Just an FYI they will not clawback the Chase Offer. I had to cancel one of my orders and they refunded me and the Chase offer hasn’t been reversed yet.
I had the same thing with airbnb offer, canceled reservation, no clawback. This was 1 month ago

Offline JunkYardUnz

• View Profile
My experience with Amex was that as long as the credit was not exactly the same amount as the charge they did not clawback, but that was a few years ago.