Author Topic: Boeing executive begs people not to fly dreamliners  (Read 762 times)

Offline El Capitan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Haha I wish!
Still looking for a good MS method :)

Offline Luvisrael

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Boeing executive begs people not to fly dreamliners
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 07:25:21 PM »
https://boingboing.net/2019/12/02/razor-sharp-metal-shavings.html
i haven’t read this article but I once saw a YouTube clip of engineers saying they wouldn’t fly it although it can be things have changed since the beginning of the program. I think it had to did with the fact that all the parts were sourced from the cheapest places all over the world.

Offline Sig

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Boeing executive begs people not to fly dreamliners
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 08:58:26 PM »
Well one quote from the article, "Though the FAA eventually ordered Boeing to stop shipping planes whose wiring compartments were full of loose, razor-sharp metal shards, the company had already shipped 800 planes by that point and has not recalled any of them, so every Dreamliner in the sky today has this problem. Some of these shards have already caused fires in 787s." isn't actually true as near as I can tell by a search through the FAA Accident and Incident database....and such an event would definitely make it into that database. The 787 had battery fires due to what was determined to be internal shorts in their lithium ion batteries which is presumably what the author was vaguely remembering, but that had nothing to do with alleged loose metal shards outside the batteries. One has to wonder at the accuracy of anything in the article given that the author is either too lazy to search the FAA Accidents and Incidents database or more likely doesn't even know it exists.