Author Topic: My CC Portfolio - To expand or hold off?  (Read 10555 times)

Offline YudiG

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: My CC Portfolio - To expand or hold off?
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2011, 04:12:32 PM »
:D I do think that we are getting too far off on a tangent... Nebach the OP wanted to know about applying for more cards, and here we are making him meshuga about the intricacies of personal vs. household income which apparently wouldn't help him either way!  ;D

+1 LOL, this thread sure got lively since I last checked

now that we've come back to the OP, any advice my fellow friends? :)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2011, 05:47:58 PM »
You guys can't (easily anyway, as evidenced by your posts) say what you're saying without using the word interpretation :P

Point was that their interpretation is worth more than someone on DDF as they are given "interpretation power."
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2011, 01:01:27 PM »
any help/tips about the OP? thanks!

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2011, 01:16:48 PM »
any help/tips about the OP? thanks!

Here's some:

@YudiG, consider the Chase cards offering UR points, those are quite valuable and have some interesting (regular) spend bonuses (besides for the signup bonuses). Also consider applying with other issuers.

Don't worry about income, Chase doesn't typically ask applicants to prove it. With a 3bm, you'll do fine if your credit is good and you state decent income, especially if you're willing to reallocate/close existing cards to push through an approval.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2011, 01:30:16 PM »
Here's some:

Don't worry about income, Chase doesn't typically ask applicants to prove it. With a 3bm, you'll do fine if your credit is good and you state decent income, especially if you're willing to reallocate/close existing cards to push through an approval.

thanks!

the last chase rep wouldn't tell me my score but said that my credit score looked good...income should be sufficient as it is HOUSEHOLD income which includes people beside me....are there any limits on reallocating - i just did so last month - can i just do it again?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2011, 01:32:59 PM »
thanks!

the last chase rep wouldn't tell me my score but said that my credit score looked good...income should be sufficient as it is HOUSEHOLD income which includes people beside me....are there any limits on reallocating - i just did so last month - can i just do it again?

You do realize the new law that was passed directly impacts the veracity of the bolded statement, right?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2011, 01:34:10 PM »
You do realize the new law that was passed directly impacts the veracity of the bolded statement, right?

For the time being we can still play stupid. Analyst will buy it IMHO.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2011, 01:40:16 PM »
For the time being we can still play stupid. Analyst will buy it IMHO.

I'd agree, but that will only work if he knows he needs to play stupid and doesn't spout off that "oh, that's my household income, you guys accept that!"

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2011, 01:41:38 PM »
I'd agree, but that will only work if he knows he needs to play stupid and doesn't spout off that "oh, that's my household income, you guys accept that!"

Sometimes being stupid is the best way to play stupid ;)

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2011, 01:48:31 PM »
Sometimes being stupid is the best way to play stupid ;)

Perhaps, but if you look at how gung-ho he was in his belief, that stupidity would have likely backfired.

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2011, 04:28:57 PM »

got it...if they do ask for personal income - what is my response?

is the new law a reason to really back way off and revert to a once a year 3bm waiting for three solid offers come along so long as i have no personal income and for the time being be thankful for what i got?

it wouldn't be terrible if so as i've had a decent mileage year....

thanks!

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2011, 04:40:11 PM »
got it...if they do ask for personal income - what is my response?

is the new law a reason to really back way off and revert to a once a year 3bm waiting for three solid offers come along so long as i have no personal income and for the time being be thankful for what i got?

it wouldn't be terrible if so as i've had a decent mileage year....

thanks!

As mentioned, you play stupid.

I hereby do not recommend, guarantee, insure, or advocate the breaking of any laws, regulations, codes or rules.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2011, 04:47:59 PM »
I hereby do not recommend, guarantee, insure, or advocate the breaking of any laws, regulations, codes or rules.

DDF signature?

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2011, 04:54:57 PM »
DDF signature?

@asherO what is your take on my situation?

@AJK i cant just avoid the question - when/if they ask for personal income do i just give them the household w/o obviously telling them its the household total?

thanks again!

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2011, 05:03:33 PM »
DDF signature?

Ha, I guess a contender for one. But, like tattoos, I can't decide I like one enough to institute it.

@AJK i cant just avoid the question - when/if they ask for personal income do i just give them the household w/o obviously telling them its the household total?

Unfortunately, as my potential sig indicates, I cannot conclusively settle this for you. You may find solace in AsherO's good graces.

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2011, 05:16:21 PM »
Thanks for the help...my feelings at this point is that until I get a real job :) i.e. switch from being a learner to an earner - I should stop the game and thank the almighty for the success thus far.

When I get my first real tax return then I'll jump back in...why ruin good standing w/ the credit bureaus and CC companies when I have a lifetime ahead G-d willing?

Make sense?

Let's hear what AsherO has to say...thanks AJK! Next time you visit your 'driveway' in CA perhaps lets do an CA area DDF DO...

Offline clownaparte

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2011, 08:57:16 PM »
Thanks for the help...my feelings at this point is that until I get a real job :) i.e. switch from being a learner to an earner - I should stop the game and thank the almighty for the success thus far.

When I get my first real tax return then I'll jump back in...why ruin good standing w/ the credit bureaus and CC companies when I have a lifetime ahead G-d willing?

Make sense?

Let's hear what AsherO has to say...thanks AJK! Next time you visit your 'driveway' in CA perhaps lets do an CA area DDF DO...
Although to be honest I don't see why you wouldn't play stupid and if they do directly question you about personal income, just be honest and if they don't approve it, no harm no foul (other than the credit inquiry).

Offline clownaparte

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2011, 08:58:35 PM »
As mentioned, you play stupid.

Or interpretations thereof.  ;D

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2011, 12:28:42 AM »
@asherO what is your take on my situation?

I've shared my take several times, I've given you advice pertaining to your question(s), what remains unanswered?

Although to be honest I don't see why you wouldn't play stupid and if they do directly question you about personal income, just be honest and if they don't approve it, no harm no foul (other than the credit inquiry).

+1, if you don't plan on applying for the next 6+ months I'd totally do an AOR right now (if you don't too many inquiries already). As clownaparte points out, what have you got to lose?

Offline YudiG

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2011, 08:50:04 AM »
I've shared my take several times, I've given you advice pertaining to your question(s), what remains unanswered?

+1, if you don't plan on applying for the next 6+ months I'd totally do an AOR right now (if you don't too many inquiries already). As clownaparte points out, what have you got to lose?

Got it...I was confused as to what happens if they ask for personal income verification...I was under the impression that Chase will go Amex style on me and ask for a tax return and if not shut me down...

If all they will do in the worst scenario is deny the reconsideration, you're 100% right that I have nothing to lose and I will submit another card maybe two as I imagine I've had 6ish pulls this year between all my cards...is that too many?

Thanks again!!