Author Topic: Active Shooter Jersey City  (Read 69262 times)

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Re: Active Shooter Jersey City
« Reply #440 on: January 13, 2020, 06:47:57 PM »
What hype are you referring to?
500yd kill zone for a pipe bomb or was this a different bomb?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 14, 2020, 03:22:59 AM »
500yd kill zone for a pipe bomb or was this a different bomb?
What should've the GOV say?
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 14, 2020, 10:12:02 AM »
What should've the GOV say?
They originally reported he had a pipe bomb. A pipe bomb has no where near a 500 yard kill radius. I am asking was there a bigger bomb or just hype?

Offline Toasted

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 14, 2020, 10:14:20 AM »
They originally reported he had a pipe bomb. A pipe bomb has no where near a 500 yard kill radius. I am asking was there a bigger bomb or just hype?
500 yard kill radius??? Did he have the MOAB in there?

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 14, 2020, 10:22:14 AM »
500 yard kill radius??? Did he have the MOAB in there?
That is what I am asking.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #445 on: January 14, 2020, 12:06:04 PM »

I truly am puzzled by your question. Do you honestly believe that the US Attorney for the state of NJ and the head of the FBI there are just making this stuff up as they go? For more clicks?

What's more likely--that those folks making stuff up (for whatever reason) or that the bomb(s) found were more powerful than previously thought/reported?
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline whYME

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 14, 2020, 12:26:59 PM »
I truly am puzzled by your question. Do you honestly believe that the US Attorney for the state of NJ and the head of the FBI there are just making this stuff up as they go? For more clicks?

What's more likely--that those folks making stuff up (for whatever reason) or that the bomb(s) found were more powerful than previously thought/reported?
I don't see how a bomb with a 500 yard kill radius can be confused for a "pipe bomb."
Of course you can't put too much stock in the initial news reports, when nobody really knows yet what's going on. That being said, 500 Yards is probably pushing it a little.
FBI Newark Special Agent in Charge Gregory Ehrie said, “If it exploded in the right place it could have certainly injured or killed people up to five football fields away.”

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 14, 2020, 12:29:05 PM »

Thats what you get when the people dont cite the source of the info. This is downright scary. They had a pipe bomb and material for more bom making in the truck.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline ltttc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 14, 2020, 12:31:31 PM »
Thats what you get when the people dont cite the source of the info. This is downright scary. They had a pipe bomb and material for more bom making in the truck.
Carpenito also confirmed a News 4 report that several days before the shooting, a Jewish man driving near Newark Airport had been shot at; ballistics show two of the shots that hit the man's car came from one of Anderson and Graham's guns. The livery driver who died the weekend before the attack was shot with the same weapon that fired on the vehicle near the airport, authorities said.

Offline hvaces42

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 14, 2020, 12:34:57 PM »
Carpenito also confirmed a News 4 report that several days before the shooting, a Jewish man driving near Newark Airport had been shot at; ballistics show two of the shots that hit the man's car came from one of Anderson and Graham's guns. The livery driver who died the weekend before the attack was shot with the same weapon that fired on the vehicle near the airport, authorities said.
Stop with the Hype.  ;D ;D ;D
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline ltttc

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #450 on: January 14, 2020, 01:28:45 PM »
Stop with the Hype.  ;D ;D ;D
Yeh, ur right  ;)

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #451 on: January 14, 2020, 01:49:44 PM »
I don't see how a bomb with a 500 yard kill radius can be confused for a "pipe bomb."
Of course you can't put too much stock in the initial news reports, when nobody really knows yet what's going on. That being said, 500 Yards is probably pushing it a little.

A big pipe bomb? You do know that pipes comes in diff shapes and sizes, right? And that there are different types of explosive materials, different composite pipes, etc?

And, again, what possible motivation does the US Attorney for NJ and the head of the FBI have for embellishing? Had he said 400 feet, or 250 feet, it would have had the same effect.

Sorry, I just don't buy that they sat around, pre-news conference, and said, "So it only would have a radius of 200 feet? Nah, that's not eye-catching enough, so let's make it 500 feet instead."
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 14, 2020, 02:01:38 PM »
And, again, what possible motivation does the US Attorney for NJ and the head of the FBI have for embellishing? Had he said 400 feet, or 250 feet, it would have had the same effect.
The destructive power a bomb has is very important.
The OP was a news release that I responded to. Is there an official statement by the FBI?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 14, 2020, 02:05:11 PM »
So you're questioning whether the US Attorney for NJ and the FBI ever said that?  That they are not the ones making things up, but the multiple news agencies that reported it are the ones doing it?

Sorry, I just can't get there.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 14, 2020, 02:19:02 PM »
So you're questioning whether the US Attorney for NJ and the FBI ever said that?  That they are not the ones making things up, but the multiple news agencies that reported it are the ones doing it?

I am questioning is this the pipe bomb they originally talked about or a different bomb.

https://newspalato.com/multiple-weapons-pipe-bomb-recovered-from-scene-of-jersey-city-shooting-officials-reveal/
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 02:26:36 PM by CountValentine »

Offline Toasted

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 14, 2020, 04:25:24 PM »

Fact that they said "five football fields" instead of 500 yards leads me to think that it was not intended to be an exact estimate. Maybe he meant the end zone.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 14, 2020, 05:12:14 PM »

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 14, 2020, 05:36:58 PM »
The destructive power a bomb has is very important.
The OP was a news release that I responded to. Is there an official statement by the FBI?

They didn't release an official statement, it was a press conference with the FBI and AG.

Regarding the destructive power, 500 yards does sound like a lot. But they never said anything about leveling the area within 500 yard radius.
I could imagine a piece of shrapnel from a powerful bomb with a clear path can cause a casualty 500 yards away.
Visibly Jewish

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 14, 2020, 05:53:10 PM »
They didn't release an official statement, it was a press conference with the FBI and AG.

Regarding the destructive power, 500 yards does sound like a lot. But they never said anything about leveling the area within 500 yard radius.
I could imagine a piece of shrapnel from a powerful bomb with a clear path can cause a casualty 500 yards away.
How did we get from a "kill radius" to "But they never said anything about leveling the area within 500 yard radius."?
Your spin never ceases to amaze me.  ::)

Since your imagination sees a piece shrapnel going 500 yards so what type of bomb is your imagination seeing?  :)

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 14, 2020, 06:48:20 PM »
How did we get from a "kill radius" to "But they never said anything about leveling the area within 500 yard radius."?
Your spin never ceases to amaze me.  ::)

It's always spin, spin, spin. Never put words in your mouth and not looking to argue. Just clarifying that we're not talking about a blast radius that's affecting 500 yards in all directions.

Since your imagination sees a piece shrapnel going 500 yards so what type of bomb is your imagination seeing?  :)

How about a small box with the equivalent of 20 lbs of TNT?

Visibly Jewish