Author Topic: AA Phone Reps can't hang up the phone (or swallow their pride)  (Read 914 times)

Offline lcm

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
AA Phone Reps can't hang up the phone (or swallow their pride)
« on: December 15, 2019, 09:59:03 PM »
I booked a multi-city flight with AA.
I needed my carry on with me by my stop, but at the gate they told me they will check it to my final destination. When I told them that I need it at my stop, they told me, either check it all the way through, or don't get on. I opted for the latter.
They left the counter, so I called customer service, and told them the story, trying to get rebooked or at least refunded.
They told me that they can't do anything. We continued on a whole back and forth, escalating to the manager. When she wasn't willing to respond to my questions, she simply told me "have a good day".
I stayed on the line, knowing that they can't hang up till I do. Meanwhile, she muted her line, in hope that I would hang up.
I stayed on, telling her every few minutes, that it's silly for her to do that, I know she can't hang up, swallow your pride and answer my questions properly, it's unfair for her to do just wait with the phone on mute since there are other customers waiting etc.
After this continued for about 15 minutes (not kidding, which she had been listening for) SHE GETS BACK ON THE LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She continued with her "we can't help you" and I continued with "address my issues" till she told me "have a good day" and "transferred" me indefinitely (till I got another call).
This definitely ranks amongst the funnier experiences of them not being able to hang up the phone! :)

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Re: AA Phone Reps can't hang up the phone (or swallow their pride)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 10:11:11 PM »
Maybe she muted the phone so you couldn't hear them all laughing?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline yitzgar

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 10:24:16 PM »
Why do you think she cares? Trust me you weren't keeping her in the office after hours....

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 10:25:22 PM »
I booked a multi-city flight with AA.
I needed my carry on with me by my stop, but at the gate they told me they will check it to my final destination. When I told them that I need it at my stop, they told me, either check it all the way through, or don't get on. I opted for the latter.
They left the counter, so I called customer service, and told them the story, trying to get rebooked or at least refunded.
They told me that they can't do anything. We continued on a whole back and forth, escalating to the manager. When she wasn't willing to respond to my questions, she simply told me "have a good day".
I stayed on the line, knowing that they can't hang up till I do. Meanwhile, she muted her line, in hope that I would hang up.
I stayed on, telling her every few minutes, that it's silly for her to do that, I know she can't hang up, swallow your pride and answer my questions properly, it's unfair for her to do just wait with the phone on mute since there are other customers waiting etc.
After this continued for about 15 minutes (not kidding, which she had been listening for) SHE GETS BACK ON THE LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
She continued with her "we can't help you" and I continued with "address my issues" till she told me "have a good day" and "transferred" me indefinitely (till I got another call).
This definitely ranks amongst the funnier experiences of them not being able to hang up the phone! :)
HC?
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline lcm

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 11:25:04 PM »
Maybe she muted the phone so you couldn't hear them all laughing?
She sounded pretty worked up.
Thanks for the empathy ;)