Author Topic: Israel's good friend Obama...  (Read 122605 times)

Online gubevo18

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Israel's good friend Obama...
« Reply #160 on: December 26, 2016, 02:27:18 AM »
Politicians have to be politicians which includes playing political games. In principle, however, I agree with Bibi.
Whether or not the sttlements are in fact wrong can be debated, but there is a reason the US has not never acted in this manner. Throughout GOP and democratic presidents.

Online gubevo18

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 26, 2016, 02:28:44 AM »
Wake up call. Obama talks to more Jews than to Muslims. He doesn't hate Israel. He isn't a Muslim. He's just a Liberal which means that he believes (and has probably confirmed by talking to Liberal Jews) that you can be for pre-1967 borders and still be a "friend" of Israel. He doesn't think he stabbed Israel in the back. Sure, he knows Netenyahu doesn't like what he did but he considers Netenyahu the Israeli equivalent of a Republican, in other words, he has little regard for his opinion.

In short, you are reading way too much into it. He doesn't think like you think and his actions don't mean what you think they mean.
All he has to do is look back at US policy on Israel and see that this was never done. Then he can go look and see why it's been that way. Basic logic. You don't need to be a president to figure that out.

Offline Freddie

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 26, 2016, 02:31:42 AM »
All he has to do is look back at US policy on Israel and see that this was never done. Then he can go look and see why it's been that way. Basic logic. You don't need to be a president to figure that out.

Again, he doesn't think it's anti-Israel. He likes to consider himself a guy who got things done that others couldn't. He sees this as the same as socialized medicine and gay marriage. No particular anti-Semitism involved. Just Liberalism and a big ego.

All I'm saying is don't take it personal.

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 26, 2016, 02:40:49 AM »
Again, he doesn't think it's anti-Israel. He likes to consider himself a guy who got things done that others couldn't. He sees this as the same as socialized medicine and gay marriage. No particular anti-Semitism involved. Just Liberalism and a big ego.

All I'm saying is don't take it personal.
According to you why wasn't this done throughout his presidency? Because he wasn't ready to do the "right thing" and take the heat. Moreover he won't accomplish anything in the next 26 days. it's all about legacy...

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 26, 2016, 02:45:36 AM »
According to you why wasn't this done throughout his presidency? Because he wasn't ready to do the "right thing" and take the heat. Moreover he won't accomplish anything in the next 26 days. it's all about legacy...

Your last sentence summed it up. Correct. And that was my point as well.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 26, 2016, 05:10:00 AM »
Wake up call. Obama talks to more Jews than to Muslims. He doesn't hate Israel. He isn't a Muslim. He's just a Liberal which means that he believes (and has probably confirmed by talking to Liberal Jews) that you can be for pre-1967 borders and still be a "friend" of Israel. He doesn't think he stabbed Israel in the back. Sure, he knows Netenyahu doesn't like what he did but he considers Netenyahu the Israeli equivalent of a Republican, in other words, he has little regard for his opinion.

In short, you are reading way too much into it. He doesn't think like you think and his actions don't mean what you think they mean.
+1
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline oiseli48

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Israel's good friend Obama...
« Reply #166 on: December 26, 2016, 06:23:20 AM »
Obama's just a Liberal which means that he believes (and has probably confirmed by talking to Liberal Jews) that you can be for pre-1967 borders and still be a "friend" of Israel.

Somehow I feel that growing up listening to Jeremiah Wright's anti Israel rants actually made him a bit worse off than your average liberal Jew
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 06:38:59 AM by oiseli48 »

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 26, 2016, 07:50:53 AM »
no thanks. I totally disagree with you on everything and I think you completely missed my point. I almost want to delete my post now that I see it being quoted by you.
Your welcome!  :P
You made the statement not me and your point was perfectly clear.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 26, 2016, 08:00:40 AM »
PSA: Be careful saying BO is not a Muslim. You will be labeled a self-hating Jew or anti-Semitic.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Online Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #169 on: December 26, 2016, 08:20:52 AM »
The subject at hand is that most here believe BO is not a friend of Israel. I have no problem with that position. What I do have is a problem with your and others racist comments.
Without reading the responses, 1000 times this.

Offline oiseli48

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Israel's good friend Obama...
« Reply #170 on: December 26, 2016, 08:25:23 AM »
Of course it is true. It was reported by FOX and they have never been wrong. Oh wait ...  :)

It's on CNN now too.

Netanyahu spokesman David Keyes told CNN's Dana Bash on Sunday, "We have iron-clad information, frankly, that the Obama administration really helped push this resolution and helped craft it, from sources internationally and sources in the Arab world."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/25/politics/israel-un-settlements-netanyahu-ambassadors/index.html

Online Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #171 on: December 26, 2016, 08:27:45 AM »
This made anyone who ever dismissed Obama being called anti Israel - myself included, to an extent - look mighty stupid.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 26, 2016, 08:28:46 AM »
It's on CNN now too.

Netanyahu spokesman David Keyes told CNN's Dana Bash on Sunday, "We have iron-clad information, frankly, that the Obama administration really helped push this resolution and helped craft it, from sources internationally and sources in the Arab world."
Yes David Keyes is making that claim. I will hold off judgement until I see the iron-clad information.  ;)

Online zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 26, 2016, 08:52:01 AM »
The irony here is that Obama (on some level) did this because he doesn't like Bibi (or to be more charitable, believes Bibi is not interested in peace) yet while this move hurts Israel it strengths Bibi and the right (politically).

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 26, 2016, 09:23:20 AM »
Yes David Keyes is making that claim. I will hold off judgement until I see the iron-clad information.  ;)
Now you sound like Putins spokesman dismissing the hack...

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 26, 2016, 09:29:38 AM »
Now you sound like Putins spokesman dismissing the hack...
Obamas rep denies the claim. Who is telling the truth, flip a coin.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #177 on: December 26, 2016, 09:48:56 AM »

Bear in mind tht a resolution almost exactly like this one WAS vetoed by the US a few years ago.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 26, 2016, 09:50:46 AM »
One thing visible to everyone is how Egypt took the resolution off the table until AFTERWARDS the US got word out that it would not veto it and then it came back to life.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 26, 2016, 09:52:55 AM »
The irony here is that Obama (on some level) did this because he doesn't like Bibi (or to be more charitable, believes Bibi is not interested in peace) yet while this move hurts Israel it strengths Bibi and the right (politically).
But Trump is the vindictive one since he may write a tweet against someone who insulted him ::) .