Author Topic: Israel's good friend Obama...  (Read 122637 times)

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: Israel's good friend Obama...
« Reply #180 on: December 26, 2016, 09:55:58 AM »
If you think that he is a Muslim you are probably paranoid, but if you think that his upbringing doesn't influence his worldview you are probably naive.

If you think that Wright made him hate America you are probably paranoid, but if you think that his sermons don't influence his politics you are probably naive.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Sport

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 26, 2016, 09:57:15 AM »
Wake up call. Obama talks to more Jews than to Muslims. He doesn't hate Israel. He isn't a Muslim. He's just a Liberal which means that he believes (and has probably confirmed by talking to Liberal Jews) that you can be for pre-1967 borders and still be a "friend" of Israel. He doesn't think he stabbed Israel in the back. Sure, he knows Netenyahu doesn't like what he did but he considers Netenyahu the Israeli equivalent of a Republican, in other words, he has little regard for his opinion.

In short, you are reading way too much into it. He doesn't think like you think and his actions don't mean what you think they mean.
+1 although I wouldn't be certain of his motives this is by far the most reasonable. What erks me more is people who defended Obama for years saying he was the best friend Israel had in the white house.
I always felt he wasn't so great for Israel but never was able to honestly substantiate the claim without relying on biased information.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 26, 2016, 09:59:37 AM »
If you think that he is a Muslim you are probably paranoid, but if you think that his upbringing doesn't influence his worldview you are probably naive.

If you think that Wright made him hate America you are probably paranoid, but if you think that his sermons don't influence his politics you are probably naive.
Yes your upbringing affects the way you view things. Just look at the members here.  :)
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 26, 2016, 10:01:20 AM »
Yes your upbringing affects the way you view things. Just look at the members here.  :)
Absolutely.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 26, 2016, 10:03:22 AM »
Can someone explain this friends thing to me?
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 26, 2016, 10:03:24 AM »
Obamas rep denies the claim. Who is telling the truth, flip a coin.
False dilemma. It is almost certain that both are partially true but grossly exaggerated.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 26, 2016, 10:04:45 AM »
False dilemma. It is almost certain that both are partially true but grossly exaggerated.
OK then:
I will hold off judgement until I see the iron-clad information.  ;)

Offline Brian93

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 26, 2016, 10:12:03 AM »
Would mean so much more now if Trump moves the embassy to Jerusalem

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 26, 2016, 10:14:33 AM »
Obamas rep denies the claim. Who is telling the truth, flip a coin.
While most countries tend to deny actions their spy agencies, your talking about a hostile accusation by a friendly country that needs the US. it doesn't make any sense to take the risk of a false accusation that could be disproven.

Offline CZ60

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 26, 2016, 10:17:13 AM »
Your issue is claiming he is a Muslim and that is why he did it. No mater what religion you believe in you can't force that on anyone else. He chooses his religion not you.

If I was born in the united states, I am American. I can later denounce my american citizenship, because denouncing my american citizenship is within American Law. American Law allows me to denounce my American citizenship if I want to. But by American Law, if I was born in America, I am American, whether I choose so or not.

Why are you assuming Muslim law works the same way and gives you a choice of if you wish to have been born Muslim or not? Unless you're more familiar with those laws than anyone else here. Jewish law says if your mother is Jewish, you are Jewish for life, and you cannot denounce it. You can choose to not follow any Jewish Law your entire life if you so please but that doesn't make you non-Jewish by birth. Muslim Law may be like Jewish Law or American Law. Unless you can provide information to door #3.

So BHO can be Muslim by birth, but may not practice anything Muslim, and perhaps even denounce it so long as it is allowed under the laws of Islam. Just had to clear that up even though it is probably irrelevant to this discussion.

That being said, that's probably not the reason he did it. He might have done it because he's a two-faced **** who has nothing to lose at this point. Does not need Congress to push his agendas across. Most of congress would disagree with what he just did (not least, soon to be minority leader Senator Schumer) . Had he done this 8 years ago, it would have been tougher to get them to come on his side for whatever they accomplished together. It probably would've stopped the Iran deal amongst other things. He doesn't need them anymore and HRC doesn't need them. This was a parting middle finger from him to Bibi and the rest of congress.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 26, 2016, 10:19:41 AM »
While most countries tend to deny actions their spy agencies, your talking about a hostile accusation by a friendly country that needs the US. it doesn't make any sense to take the risk of a false accusation that could be disproven.
It also makes no sense to attack BO so vehemently. They can pass more resolutions still. Once these resolutions get passed it will be impossible to reverse them.

Offline CZ60

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 26, 2016, 10:23:00 AM »
It also makes no sense to attack BO so vehemently. They can pass more resolutions still. Once these resolutions get passed it will be impossible to reverse them.

I can't for the life of me understand why Bibi is taking the approach he's taking. It's not like Russia voted against it either and now they can align themselves there. Wait 26 days and then scream from the rooftops about how much of a jerk BHO was. But wait!!!

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #192 on: December 26, 2016, 10:23:44 AM »
Wake up call. Obama talks to more Jews than to Muslims. He doesn't hate Israel. He isn't a Muslim. He's just a Liberal which means that he believes (and has probably confirmed by talking to Liberal Jews) that you can be for pre-1967 borders and still be a "friend" of Israel. He doesn't think he stabbed Israel in the back. Sure, he knows Netenyahu doesn't like what he did but he considers Netenyahu the Israeli equivalent of a Republican, in other words, he has little regard for his opinion.

In short, you are reading way too much into it. He doesn't think like you think and his actions don't mean what you think they mean.
And yet, liberals (BO included) have vetoed this resolution for decades. And this time the US pushed for it to be brought back so they could make a public show out of letting it pass.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #193 on: December 26, 2016, 10:23:50 AM »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #194 on: December 26, 2016, 10:24:46 AM »
I can't for the life of me understand why Bibi is taking the approach he's taking. It's not like Russia voted against it either and now they can align themselves there. Wait 26 days and then scream from the rooftops about how much of a jerk BHO was. But wait!!!
Because it's old news by then and won't get coverage.
This lets pro-Israel Americans know how people like BO really feel about Israel...
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline CZ60

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: December 26, 2016, 10:25:17 AM »
And yet, liberals (BO included) have vetoed this resolution for decades. And this time the US pushed for it to be brought back so they could make a public show out of letting it pass.

Key words right there.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 26, 2016, 10:25:56 AM »
Why are you assuming Muslim law works the same way and gives you a choice of if you wish to have been born Muslim or not? Unless you're more familiar with those laws than anyone else here. Jewish law says if your mother is Jewish, you are Jewish for life, and you cannot denounce it. You can choose to not follow any Jewish Law your entire life if you so please but that doesn't make you non-Jewish by birth. Muslim Law may be like Jewish Law or American Law. Unless you can provide information to door #3.
When you say Jewish/Muslim law are you meaning religious law or am I missing something?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 26, 2016, 10:26:15 AM »
Remember this article? It was always the plan.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/tension-between-u-s-israel-likely-to-continue-after-netanyahus-re-election-1426690031
I think it's been the plan since Bibi spoke to congress about the Iran deal.

Offline CZ60

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 26, 2016, 10:26:38 AM »
Because it's old news by then and won't get coverage.
This lets pro-Israel Americans know how people like BO really feel about Israel...

But then he's giving BO more fuel to pass what he can get through in the next 25 days....