Author Topic: Israel's good friend Obama...  (Read 122618 times)

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Israel's good friend Obama...
« Reply #240 on: December 27, 2016, 12:51:35 AM »
Or maybe he knows that BO is gonna do whatever he is going to do, and won't go down without a fight?

I don't know that he's right, I'm just saying it's not as simple as you make it
Actually it is that simple from this side of the fence. There is zero influence or pressure he can put on BO. Now maybe there is some political reasons for him in Israel that he is doing it for. That I really can't comment on and all of you would know better.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #241 on: December 27, 2016, 12:59:10 AM »
Actually it is that simple from this side of the fence. There is zero influence or pressure he can put on BO. Now maybe there is some political reasons for him in Israel that he is doing it for. That I really can't comment on and all of you would know better.
If quiet diplomacy isn't gonna work, perhaps kicking and screaming will?

Even someone like you, who is surrounded by people so passionate about this subject, have you fully grasped that Obama has basically come out and said Israel has no right to the Western Wall?

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 27, 2016, 01:08:32 AM »
Even someone like you, who is surrounded by people so passionate about this subject, have you fully grasped that Obama has basically come out and said Israel has no right to the Western Wall?
It is sad to say but basically no one even thinks about this other than those most effected. I have not heard a single comment about this other than here on DDF. I can ask 100 people I see every day where the Western Wall is and I would guess at tops two would know.

I would disagree that BO believes Israel has no right to the Western Wall.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #243 on: December 27, 2016, 01:13:52 AM »
It is sad to say but basically no one even thinks about this other than those most effected. I have not heard a single comment about this other than here on DDF. I can ask 100 people I see every day where the Western Wall is and I would guess at tops two would know.

I would disagree that BO believes Israel has no right to the Western Wall.
That is in this resolution. East Jerusalem is occupied Palestinian territory. Palestinian territories are, and would be as a recognized state, juden rein. Even Carter's anti settlement resolution came with, "we need to figure out Jerusalem." Obama's? Nothing.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 27, 2016, 01:20:23 AM »
That is in this resolution. East Jerusalem is occupied Palestinian territory. Palestinian territories are, and would be as a recognized state, juden rein. Even Carter's anti settlement resolution came with, "we need to figure out Jerusalem." Obama's? Nothing.
Yes that is in the resolution. With most resolutions/laws you have to take the good with the bad. This is why I disagree with those that claim the US wrote this resolution. They would never put that in there.

Some might not agree with this but BO is a man of faith.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #245 on: December 27, 2016, 01:26:18 AM »
Yes that is in the resolution. With most resolutions/laws you have to take the good with the bad. This is why I disagree with those that claim the US wrote this resolution. They would never put that in there.

Some might not agree with this but BO is a man of faith.
You know I agree with you on the Obama-muslim idiocy/racism, and I've defended him plenty in the past. But I'm sorry, on this he's gone off the deepend.

I'm not sure why it's so hard to believe they created the resolution. The highest level Israeli politicians are saying it. Reports have Kerry telling Ukraine to vote for it. Kerry threatened this recently.

Whatever faith he has, it's not in a realistic peace.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 27, 2016, 01:36:37 AM »
Its possible they were behind it but IMHO they are not.

Has anyone read the full speech of Samantha Power to the UN. Here is just a small part where she acknowledges Israel has always been singled out unfairly by the UN.

But in reality this vote for us was not straightforward, because of where it is taking place – at the United Nations. For the simple truth is that for as long as Israel has been a member of this institution, Israel has been treated differently from other nations at the United Nations. And not only in decades past – such as in the infamous resolution that the General Assembly adopted in 1975, with the support of the majority of Member States, officially determining that, “Zionism is a form of racism” – but also in 2016, this year. One need only look at the 18 resolutions against Israel adopted during the UN General Assembly in September; or the 12 Israel-specific resolutions adopted this year in the Human Rights Council – more than those focused on Syria, North Korea, Iran, and South Sudan put together – to see that in 2016 Israel continues to be treated differently from other Member States.

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.761017

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 27, 2016, 06:57:16 AM »
Another part of the speech. I guess this is meaningless?

Our commitment to that security has never wavered, and it never will. Even with a financial crisis and budget deficits, we’ve repeatedly increased funding to support Israel’s military. And in September, the Obama administration signed a Memorandum of Understanding to provide $38 billion in security assistance to Israel over the next 10 years – the largest single pledge of military assistance in U.S. history to any country. And as the Israeli Prime Minister himself has noted, our military and intelligence cooperation is unprecedented. We believe, though, that continued settlement building seriously undermines Israel’s security.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 27, 2016, 07:07:49 AM »
The hits just keep on coming. If this isn't someone who supports Israel then there never will be anyone.

The United States has been sending the message that the settlements must stop – privately and publicly – for nearly five decades, through the administrations of Presidents Lyndon B. Johnson, Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, and now Barack Obama. Indeed, since 1967, the only president who had not had at least one Israeli-Palestinian-related Security Council resolution pass during his tenure is Barack Obama. So our vote today is fully in line with the bipartisan history of how American Presidents have approached both the issue – and the role of this body.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #250 on: December 27, 2016, 07:27:18 AM »
1. The military aid money has to be spent in the USA. It's kinda like a stimulus package for us military supplies. It's a win win for Israel and America, but in no way proves Obama to be overtly pro Israel.

2. The head of the UN himself said Israel is disproportionately condemned. You have to be a blind idiotic anti semite not to see that, which must member states are.

3. As explained above, this resolution goes far beyond any previous US policy regarding settlements. It's not just east Jerusalem, it's other settlements which are not a dozen families living in ramshackle lodging. They are huge communities which have never been part of land for peace negotiations.

This resolution is one without nuance. It gives Israel no starting point for negotiations, this negating the possibility of a land for peace deal.

For me, that's wonderful. But for Obama, who supposedly wants that, it shows a level of idiotic foreign policy, and indicates his personal vendetta trumps sound judgement. Something he'd say fits more with The Donald.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 27, 2016, 07:37:48 AM »
For me, that's wonderful. But for Obama, who supposedly wants that, it shows a level of idiotic foreign policy, and indicates his personal vendetta trumps sound judgement. Something he'd say fits more with The Donald.
Is it possible you are to close to the situation to be objective?

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #252 on: December 27, 2016, 07:40:55 AM »
Is it possible you are to close to the situation to be objective?
Of course. But I have read many a shocked take from leftist Obama supporters over the last few days that indicate I'm closer to the truth than not.

Note, you have not refuted any single claim by arguing subjectivity.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 27, 2016, 07:48:52 AM »
Note, you have not refuted any single claim by arguing subjectivity.
I say he supports Israel with the largest aid package ever. You dismiss it as a stimulus. I say he points out how unjustly Israel has been treated and you say any idiot knows that. Over 90% of the speech is in favor of Israel.

Bibi was warned numerous times to halt the settlements. There is no sane person that believes building more settlements gives peace a better chance.

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 27, 2016, 08:42:29 AM »
What's a settlement? What does it mean? Serious question. Please define.

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 27, 2016, 09:01:24 AM »
What's a settlement? What does it mean? Serious question. Please define.
67 borders

Offline Freddie

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 27, 2016, 09:02:36 AM »
67 borders

Yeah, correct. I kind of wasn't asking you though.

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 27, 2016, 09:07:59 AM »

There is no sane person that believes building more settlements gives peace a better chance.
Although most sane people agree that stopping the "settlements" will not bring peace any closer.

Online zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 27, 2016, 09:17:42 AM »
There is no sane person that believes building more settlements gives peace a better chance.

The argument can be made that it puts pressure on the Palestinians to come to the table. The longer they wait the more Jews live in the area and therefore makes it less likely that Israel gives away that land.

Right now, (especially after their success in the UNSC), they have no incentive to negotiate, because they think they can get whatever they want unilaterally.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #259 on: December 27, 2016, 09:25:33 AM »
Now maybe there is some political reasons for him in Israel that he is doing it for. That I really can't comment on and all of you would know better.
And the most racist comment in this thread goes to JTZ.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)