Author Topic: Israel's good friend Obama...  (Read 124875 times)

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Israel's good friend Obama...
« Reply #280 on: December 27, 2016, 10:07:52 AM »
Are you going to tell me they were being racist against Muslims or for Jews?
You are probably going to think I am messing with you but I am not. I am lost, what you are talking about.

A certain member refers to our president as "Hussein". He has also made other comments about blacks. That is why I said his racist remarks were getting old.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #281 on: December 27, 2016, 10:08:32 AM »
I say he supports Israel with the largest aid package ever. You dismiss it as a stimulus.

Was I wrong? There is a ton of humanitarian aid given to the Palestinians, and many other nations. The Israeli package is tied to military spending within the US, the other packages are not. It is not something which is argued about. Everyone who looked at the deal, knows exactly what it is - a win win for America and Israel.

I say he points out how unjustly Israel has been treated and you say any idiot knows that.

Again, was I wrong? Did you see Ban Ki Moon's statement about Israel's treatment? Any look at the sheer number of resolutions against Israel, compared to any single issue in the world, which includes multiple genocides of tens of thousands of people at a time, and you cannot come to any other conclusion.

Over 90% of the speech is in favor of Israel.

"And after beating his wife, he made a speech that was 90% filled with her praise." 

Bibi was warned numerous times to halt the settlements. There is no sane person that believes building more settlements gives peace a better chance.

Firstly, plenty of sane people can make a logical and rational argument (without even my belief that the land of Israel is given by G-d to the Jewish people) that land concessions will merely lead to the destruction of Israel, and can never lead to a safe and secure two state solution.

However, even within the framework of land for peace, while you are correct that settlements would not appear to give that peace a chance, this very resolution goes against that land-for-peace goal. Jerusalem and other select settlements are non-negotiable. Obama knows that. Carter knew that. Everyone knows that. They are never included in possible land for peace deals. By including them in this resolution, and not even negating those aspects in Samantha Power's aforementioned speech, Obama gives us two choices:

1) This resolution is over a personal vendetta with Bibi, and Obama is childishly and arrogantly playing with global politics over a personal feud, which is the type of behavior you'd expect from Donald Trump.

2) Obama has decided to shift US policy on Israel radically, siding in part with BDS, and stating that ISrael has no right to the Western Wall and other major portions of its country.

The third option is that Obama is a fool. I do not believe that.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #282 on: December 27, 2016, 10:12:23 AM »
Lets see if this helps. "All" is referring to those that traveled there, live there or have family there.

Ok. I hope you see how your original post can be taken as racism though.

In other news this thread is actually a pretty good read. Not nearly as hard to read as the election thread.

I think the main problem is when Freddie said this isn't anti-semite it's typical democratic liberal agenda, that is where the main problem is. Israel has been and I hope remains a non-partisan issue. When D's and R's start to use UN resolutions and the like to further their political agenda it becomes worrisome. If Israels fate is dependent on which party is in power they are in for some big trouble.

ETA:
You are probably going to think I am messing with you but I am not. I am lost, what you are talking about.

A certain member refers to our president as "Hussein". He has also made other comments about blacks. That is why I said his racist remarks were getting old.
I don't know what his remarks about blacks are, but what's racist about using a middle name? If that's your best proof of racism you are grabbing for straws.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 27, 2016, 10:14:59 AM »
I agree that is the thinking but we have seen it doesn't work. Just as the terrorist acts against Israel hasn't worked.

We have also seen that surrendering land to the Palestinians does not work.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 27, 2016, 10:17:23 AM »
ETA: I don't know what his remarks about blacks are, but what's racist about using a middle name? If that's your best proof of racism you are grabbing for straws.
...and you need to take your meds because something isn't right with you today.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline CZ60

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: December 27, 2016, 10:20:53 AM »
Most of you traveled to Israel several times. Some of you live there. A lot of you have family there. Wouldn't you all understand the politics over there way better than me? How is this racist?

I've traveled to France more times than I've traveled to Israel. My family even lived there for 8 months when they were escaping persecution in Egypt years ago. Yet my family knows as much about French politics as it does Zimbabwe politics. 

Lumping "most everyone" on this thread together based on the amount of times we've traveled there? Or have relatives there?

What you said is fine to say to the people that live there, or to the people that follow Israeli politics on a day to day. But assuming "we all" or "most" or " a lot" follow Israeli politics because.....we've traveled there, or have family there?? You have to admit you're stretching it.

Lets see if this helps. "All" is referring to those that traveled there, live there or have family there.

Still a stretch to assume that bec I travel there means I know who's in charge and what they stand for. I get out of the airport, take a taxi to where I need to go, enjoy the atmosphere and whatever else there is to enjoy being there, and I come back. I don't go there to read newspapers.

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #286 on: December 27, 2016, 10:24:41 AM »
ETA: I don't know what his remarks about blacks are, but what's racist about using a middle name? If that's your best proof of racism you are grabbing for straws.

You were right about his comment being racist. But JTZ is correct about the racism from that (and other) member(s). The middle name is far from the only thinly veiled racist remark.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 27, 2016, 10:26:09 AM »
Still a stretch to assume that bec I travel there means I know who's in charge and what they stand for. I get out of the airport, take a taxi to where I need to go, enjoy the atmosphere and whatever else there is to enjoy being there, and I come back. I don't go there to read newspapers.
Did you take my comment as racist or I made assumptions that were not accurate?

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #288 on: December 27, 2016, 10:27:33 AM »
You were right about his comment being racist. But JTZ is correct about the racism from that (and other) member(s). The middle name is far from the only thinly veiled racist remark.
I am going by his apparent logic of Racism only going by the dictionary definition of racism. Also I can only comment on that one post, I don't know the others he's referring to.

"the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior."

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 27, 2016, 10:28:54 AM »
I assumed all blacks had cousins in or travel to Africa, it turns out I was wrong. I'm not racist I made a bad assumption. Is that something you use often?

Or I assumed all Jews were rich, turns out I was wrong. I'm not racist I made a bad assumption.

Offline CZ60

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 27, 2016, 10:33:54 AM »

The assumption that bec someone travels there or has family there, knows politics there. It was a masked remark. Unmasked, it's racist. Masked - just plain wrong.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 27, 2016, 10:41:07 AM »
The assumption that bec someone travels there or has family there, knows politics there. It was a masked remark. Unmasked, it's racist. Masked - just plain wrong.
Do you know how many times on this forum I have been told I don't understand because I don't live there? You know how many times I have been told if I had family there I would look at it differently. So me assuming you would have better knowledge of what is going on there is somehow masked? Do you even hear what you are saying?

Offline CZ60

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 27, 2016, 10:48:51 AM »
Do you know how many times on this forum I have been told I don't understand because I don't live there? You know how many times I have been told if I had family there I would look at it differently. So me assuming you would have better knowledge of what is going on there is somehow masked? Do you even hear what you are saying?

Loud and clear. So you've been told 20 times. 30 times. 50 times! All by different people. And now that allows you to lump everyone here into one of two categories. Either we have family there, or we live there. I would say a very fair number of everyone on this forum have neither. We've merely visited. But of course, I wake up, go get a cup of coffee and sit and read the israeli newspapers while I'm there.

This has really gone off the deep end. I really hope you can see that you lumped everyone into one bucket of "knowing israeli politics" - anyone who has basically done anything more than look at Israel on a map might fall into your bucket. But then again, it only includes only those that live there and have family there as you just said. Or, maybe you want to change your mind (again) about what you meant by "you all".

If you don't see that, then sleep on it and wake up tomorrow and, after reading the israeli newspapers with a cup of coffee, read this thread again. You might catch something.

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 27, 2016, 10:52:05 AM »
I'm going to side with JTZ on this one. When I read his comment I understood it to mean that on average, someone who is Jewish is more likely to know about Israeli politics than him.
But I'm not very sympathetic to cries of "racism" in general. It could be that by the standard applied to other comments here, this one was also "racist".

Offline CZ60

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 27, 2016, 10:53:07 AM »
Not racist at all. He's referring to the members that are engaged on this forum.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 27, 2016, 10:55:29 AM »
Loud and clear. So you've been told 20 times. 30 times. 50 times! All by different people. And now that allows you to lump everyone here into one of two categories. Either we have family there, or we live there. I would say a very fair number of everyone on this forum have neither. We've merely visited. But of course, I wake up, go get a cup of coffee and sit and read the israeli newspapers while I'm there.

This has really gone off the deep end. I really hope you can see that you lumped everyone into one bucket of "knowing israeli politics" - anyone who has basically done anything more than look at Israel on a map might fall into your bucket. But then again, it only includes only those that live there and have family there as you just said. Or, maybe you want to change your mind (again) about what you meant by "you all".

If you don't see that, then sleep on it and wake up tomorrow and, after reading the israeli newspapers with a cup of coffee, read this thread again. You might catch something.
Yes you are correct I lumped most here knowing more about Israel's politics the me. I believe those that travel to any place that I haven't would know more about than me. If they have family there and I don't would understand it better than me. That makes it a racist comment? Where was the malice in my comment? Where was I degrading anyone?

Offline zh cohen

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 27, 2016, 10:56:24 AM »

Who are therefore more likely to have more knowledge of the Israeli politics than someone who does not

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #297 on: December 27, 2016, 10:56:44 AM »
I believe those that travel to any place that I haven't would know more about than me.
Do you know more about Polish politics than me ;D
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 27, 2016, 10:58:28 AM »
Do you know more about Polish politics than me ;D
Oh, he's definitely Polish. That's for sure.  :-X ;)

Offline CZ60

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 27, 2016, 10:58:34 AM »
Yes you are correct I lumped most here knowing more about Israel's politics the me. I believe those that travel to any place that I haven't would know more about than me. If they have family there and I don't would understand it better than me. That makes it a racist comment? Where was the malice in my comment? Where was I degrading anyone?

Not racist - don't mean to throw jj under the bus but I disagree on the racist part. I would say stereotype.