Author Topic: Israel's good friend Obama...  (Read 122712 times)

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: Israel's good friend Obama...
« Reply #480 on: December 29, 2016, 01:50:12 AM »
The term "anti" is used a lot in this thread so let me try one. If you consistently side with a foreign governments position over the US is that being anti-American? Should I wait until Friday for this question?  :)
What a lame duck President does against the wishes of an absolute majority of 435 members of congress, and 100 senators, means nothing to me.
In fact, they are the American majority, and he is the anti-American one.

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 29, 2016, 01:58:15 AM »
Check the election results for his two elections.

You still didn't answer the question and don't make it about this one issue.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline yudamaan

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 29, 2016, 02:04:38 AM »

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 29, 2016, 02:19:40 AM »

He won 2 elections fair and square.
That being said, there is a huge difference between say Obamacare and Israel. Obamacare may or may not have been popular, but he convinced a  slight majority of the House and a slight majority of the Senate to go with him, and therefore he AND Congress were the majority.
With regard to throwing Israel under the bus, the majority of the House and Senate totally disagrees with him, yet he is doing what he wants, and nobody can stop him. I call that anti-democratic and anti-american.
I understand that many would call Giuliani an extremist, and he has the famous video where he questions if Obama truly loves America?. You can agree with what Giuliani said or not, but when was the last time somebody even 'thought' of questioning if a President of the United States truly loves America?! The only President I can recall someone even questioning the love for his country, is Obama.

He has caused America to look weak to the world. He panders to terrorist states, and throws American allies under the bus.

So yes, someone who is pushing to hurt Israel and help terrorists, would be considered un-American in my eyes, specifically when he is doing it with no majority in either the House or Senate.

Maybe I am wrong, but I put much more credence in 535 members of congress, than in 1 single President. If he is trying to do something than an absolute majority of both Houses disagree with, he is acting un-American in my book.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 02:49:16 AM by Deal Guy »

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 29, 2016, 03:15:17 AM »
He won 2 elections fair and square.
That being said, there is a huge difference between say Obamacare and Israel. Obamacare may or may not have been popular, but he convinced a  slight majority of the House and a slight majority of the Senate to go with him, and therefore he AND Congress were the majority.
With regard to throwing Israel under the bus, the majority of the House and Senate totally disagrees with him, yet he is doing what he wants, and nobody can stop him. I call that anti-democratic and anti-american.
I understand that many would call Giuliani an extremist, and he has the famous video where he questions if Obama truly loves America?. You can agree with what Giuliani said or not, but when was the last time somebody even 'thought' of questioning if a President of the United States truly loves America?! The only President I can recall someone even questioning the love for his country, is Obama.

He has caused America to look weak to the world. He panders to terrorist states, and throws American allies under the bus.

So yes, someone who is pushing to hurt Israel and help terrorists, would be considered un-American in my eyes, specifically when he is doing it with no majority in either the House or Senate.

Maybe I am wrong, but I put much more credence in 535 members of congress, than in 1 single President. If he is trying to do something than an absolute majority of both Houses disagree with, he is acting un-American in my book.
I hear what you are saying and you make valid points. You still have not answered my simple question.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #485 on: December 29, 2016, 06:33:16 AM »
Good morning Rubio. Its nice to finally hear from him after a whole week. Its surprising that the only 2 GOP senators who have been talking for the past week have been Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz. But better late than never. Thanks for the support.

Rubio was on it a week ago.

https://twitter.com/SenRubioPress/status/811954914960297984

https://twitter.com/SenRubioPress/status/812359870699700224

https://twitter.com/SenRubioPress/status/812731060941365248

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 29, 2016, 09:27:01 AM »
The term "anti" is used a lot in this thread so let me try one. If you consistently side with a foreign governments position over the US is that being anti-American? Should I wait until Friday for this question?  :)
Bump for the morning crowd.

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #487 on: December 29, 2016, 09:28:11 AM »
What a lame duck President does against the wishes of an absolute majority of 435 members of congress, and 100 senators, means nothing to me.

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 29, 2016, 09:28:25 AM »

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #489 on: December 29, 2016, 09:28:34 AM »
It depends on the issues that they are siding against.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 29, 2016, 09:29:34 AM »

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #491 on: December 29, 2016, 09:30:50 AM »
We don't like in a pure democracy we live in a representative democracy and to say you don't like it or one is more valuable than another is a bit silly. It would seem you don't like the civics of the US in general. Switzerland would probably be much more in line with what you like.

If congress votes for something and the majority of citizens oppose it are you then going to discard what congress does as anti-american...

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #492 on: December 29, 2016, 09:32:02 AM »

ETA: deleted. I wrote something stupid.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 09:38:09 AM by Yehuda57 »

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 29, 2016, 09:32:25 AM »
My apologies then. I guess i didn't see anything because he didn't do any videos on foxnews for example, like Cruz and Graham.
Try get news from more than just one place like FOX.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 29, 2016, 09:34:13 AM »
If congress votes for something and the majority of citizens oppose it are you then going to discard what congress does as anti-american...
No, see how easy that was to answer. Now can I get an answer (yes or no) to my question?

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #495 on: December 29, 2016, 09:35:24 AM »

Ok. I didn't see him or hear his name mentioned on either fox, cnn, or the jewish sites.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 29, 2016, 09:37:06 AM »
No, see how easy that was to answer. Now can I get an answer (yes or no) to my question?
You didn't ask a specific question so you aren't getting a specific answer.

If someone opposes everything the US does that does make them anti-american.

But opposing murder being illegal will also make them anti-human.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 29, 2016, 09:40:19 AM »
You didn't ask a specific question so you aren't getting a specific answer.

If someone opposes everything the US does that does make them anti-american.

But opposing murder being illegal will also make them anti-human.
Nice tip toe dance you are trying to do. The question is if you side with a foreign governments position consistently over the US does that make you anti-American?

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 29, 2016, 09:41:41 AM »
Nice tip toe dance you are trying to do. The question is if you side with a foreign governments position consistently over the US does that make you anti-American?
If you don't specify which positions you are talking about your question is ridiculous. There is a big difference between founding principals and current policies.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 29, 2016, 09:43:37 AM »
If you don't specify which positions you are talking about your question is ridiculous. There is a big difference between founding principals and current policies.
Your non answer is an answer. I thank you.  :)