Author Topic: Israel's good friend Obama...  (Read 122625 times)

Online jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: Israel's good friend Obama...
« Reply #500 on: December 29, 2016, 09:49:23 AM »
Your non answer is an answer. I thank you.  :)
Seriously.

Can we take Israel for example because it's on topic of this thread. People say that Obama is still Israel's best friend because he vetoed the most UN resolutions, but it's a ridiculous point. Bush let resolutions pass calling to halt building in the disputed areas. That isn't so much anti-Israel as a slap on the wrist, he wants to make peace, and thinks this would help make peace. On the other hand passing even one resolution that says that Israel doesn't own the western wall is completely anti-Israel and can be stretched to being anti-semetic as it denies one of the most basic principles of the Jewish faith that our temple, is simply put, ours.

If someone breaks the laws are they a bad person you may ask, well Joe jay walked a thousand times so an you may think he is a very bad person while Tim never broke a law in his life until he murdered a baby. Any rational person will realize that Tim is the very bad person and Joe may not be bad at all in fact.

Hope my analogies help you as well.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 29, 2016, 09:50:08 AM »
Nice tip toe dance you are trying to do. The question is if you side with a foreign governments position consistently over the US does that make you anti-American?
If it goes against the US President as well as against the "Absolute" majority of both houses of Congress, then perhaps it does.

In the case of Israel, as I've pointed out quite clearly in the last page, there is nobody that you can call anti American if they choose to go with Israel and the majority of 535 members of congress vs the lame duck.
If anything, a lame duck president who is trying to do what he wants against the wishes of his successor or against a majority of both houses, he might be acting un-american in my book. Presidents are not kings, he is supposed to work with congress, and sign off on them or has veto power. He should not be making world policy on how he feels when he woke up that morning, against the wishes of either party in either house

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 29, 2016, 10:13:36 AM »
Any rational person will realize that Tim is the very bad person and Joe may not be bad at all in fact.
That would only be rational if you were comparing the two. I am not comparing anything. What Tim did (very bad) has no effect on if I consider Joe a bad person for jay walking.

Your analogies do help me understand your non-answer answer.  ;)
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #503 on: December 29, 2016, 10:20:58 AM »
The term "anti" is used a lot in this thread so let me try one. If you consistently side with a foreign governments position over the US is that being anti-American? Should I wait until Friday for this question?  :)
I don't see that disagreeing with a specific policy of the US is anti American even if it is consistently beneficial to a foreign government. Why should it be? That sounds very much like the anti Semitic Israel first trope.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 29, 2016, 10:23:43 AM »
That would only be rational if you were comparing the two. I am not comparing anything. What Tim did (very bad) has no effect on if I consider Joe a bad person for jay walking.

Your analogies do help me understand your non-answer answer.  ;)
I guessed, you were going to pick up on the end of his post to talk amount the imaginary Tim and joe, so you can speak in riddles, instead of adressing this thread that is specific to Israel.
 You are asking your anti-american questions on this thread instead of starting a brand new thread in the just smooze section, because your underlying opinion (in your question) seems to be (or subtly hint) that Americans that support Israel time and time again, may be considered Anti-American.
I think i have told you time and time again, that for sure as long as we have a majority in at least either party (let alone both) that chooses to support Israel, such thought of yours have no basis.
On a further note (that doesn't apply in the case of Israel), i would say that you can't call someone anti-american if even lets say only 15-20% of congress agrees with that position. The fact that 70 or 80 congress members agree with him is enough that his position is not anti-American. Its just dissenting from the majority.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 10:46:36 AM by Deal Guy »

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 29, 2016, 10:25:39 AM »
Why should it be?
Your joking right? If I side with Russia consistently over the US I wouldn't be called anti-American?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 10:28:44 AM by JTZ »
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 29, 2016, 10:38:24 AM »
I think i have told you time and time again, that for sure as long as we have a majority in at least either party (let alone both) that chooses to support Israel, such thought of yours have no basis.
The president supports Israel, congress supports Israel, AFAIK the American people support Israel and I also support Israel. For anyone to call the president anti-Israel based on this one toothless resolution is crazy.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #507 on: December 29, 2016, 10:43:14 AM »
The president supports Israel, congress supports Israel, AFAIK the American people support Israel and I also support Israel. For anyone to call the president anti-Israel based on this one toothless resolution is crazy.
So you think Tim is a good guy. Got it.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 29, 2016, 10:49:38 AM »
Who are you referring to as Tim.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 29, 2016, 10:55:04 AM »
Who are you referring to as Tim.
The guy who allowed a resolution to pass that states the temple isn't on Jewish land.

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #510 on: December 29, 2016, 10:55:40 AM »
Please don't confuse JTZ with a imaginary Tim and Joe. Try to speak directly with the issue on hand (Israel), do that he understands exactly what i am saying, and i understand what he is saying. This may we don't get confused what we each meant.

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 29, 2016, 10:56:33 AM »
Please don't confuse JTZ with Tim and Joe. Try to speak directly with the issue on hand (Israel), do that he understands exactly what i am saying, and i understand what he is saying. This may we don't get confused what we each meant.
I like talking in mishalim.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 29, 2016, 10:57:18 AM »
The guy who allowed a resolution to pass that states the temple isn't on Jewish land.
So in your warped mind the baby killer. Got it.

Offline Deal Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 29, 2016, 10:57:33 AM »
I like talking in mishalim.
Some times its better not to :)

Online cholent

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 29, 2016, 10:58:09 AM »
The term "anti" is used a lot in this thread so let me try one. If you consistently side with a foreign governments position over the US is that being anti-American? Should I wait until Friday for this question?  :)
Not necessarily. It depends on the position you are siding with and whether it is harmful for the US. In this situation I think most posters to this thread agree that supporting Israel is in the US's best interest as well as consistent with its historical position. Siding with Russia that has an adversarial relationship with the US, on issues that negatively impact US standing or goals, would not be the same
Don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 29, 2016, 10:59:59 AM »
So in your warped mind the baby killer. Got it.
Does the Vatican belong to the church or Italy?

Curious. How would it go over if the Vatican was accused of occupation of Italy and they wanted them to declare the land the property of the Italian Government?

Online jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 29, 2016, 11:00:17 AM »
Some times its better not to :)
I like to make him speechless.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 29, 2016, 11:01:05 AM »
In this situation I think most posters to this thread agree that supporting Israel is in the US's best interest as well as consistent with its historical position.
No argument from me on this one.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #518 on: December 29, 2016, 11:02:33 AM »
The real question here is when will JTZ visit the holy land?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 29, 2016, 11:03:43 AM »
The real question here is when will JTZ visit the holy land?
It depends if JJ will let me visit something he claims to own.